Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charleston Realtors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Charleston Realtors

Apr 21, 2017, 1:49 AM

Any Charleston or Low Country realtors on the board or those in mortgage business in the area?

How is the housing market in that area? More demand than supply? Potential Housing bubble in the area?

Interested in looking at real estate in the area.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charleston Realtors

Apr 21, 2017, 7:23 AM

Definitely a sellers market right now.

Also I sold my home in the Mt Pleasant area in the last year for full asking price in less than 10 days... I thought I was too high with my price I was over the comparables around me in my neighborhood.

The Mt Pleasant Market is just stupid right now.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 21, 2017, 8:11 AM

Just one man's opinion... The market in Mt Pleasant area is reaching bubble status. I wouldn't buy there even with someone else's money.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2017, 8:14 AM

Oh, and one more point... never ask realtors that type of question. They profit when prices are rising, never heard one say a market was too hot. I've watched friends make a mint selling homes in Mt Pleasant and continually moving into bigger homes and selling again over 30 years. It will end when the buyers run out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many people. Period.***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Do you even like people?***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Very few.

Apr 21, 2017, 8:16 AM

I like you pretty good though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Very few.

Apr 21, 2017, 8:21 AM

You misspelled "purdy".

Beat it... I saw bob first.***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:22 AM

Re: Beat it... I saw bob first.***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:57 AM

Well, Bob has one. Yeah, they have basically ruined Mt. Pleasant. Roads can't handle the numbers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very few.

Apr 21, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Very few. ]

Aww that is cute you two going on a date?

Remember to bring bobs booster seat

Apr 21, 2017, 8:57 AM

Hey Martelapts, I'm happy to help you. I've been a full time RE Agent for the last four years, based in Mount Pleasant.

The main market driver that everyone likes to shout out is that 34 new people a day arrive in Charleston.

http://www.crda.org/news/exactly-how-many-people-move-into-the-charleston-region-each-day/

Local wages have recently improved but haven't kept pace with the cost of housing overall, and investment buyers with cash tend to have a major impact on the market. As far as bubbles, not sure we're close to one yet. After the last bubble, this area recovered fairly quickly compared to some others, started rebounding in 2011.

Here are a few stats.
median sales price
http://ctarmls.stats.10kresearch.com/infoserv/s-v1/7oLu-T2R

homes for sale
http://ctarmls.stats.10kresearch.com/infoserv/s-v1/7oLu-T2R

months supply
http://ctarmls.stats.10kresearch.com/infoserv/s-v1/7oLD-F4j

If you are buying an investment property, this article gives a good overview of rental yields in the area:

http://charlestonbusiness.com/news/real-estate-residential/71862/

You can see all the listings on the Charleston MLS on my website, jdhall.com. Contact me there if you would like, and let me know what you are looking to do, price range, etc., I'll be happy to start emailing you some active listings.

Good info... Do you know of any in-fill starter home lots?***

Apr 21, 2017, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's is a quick, unfiltered report for you.

Apr 21, 2017, 10:36 AM

http://cloudcma.com/pdf/ba4e3a1a28b4a6e2a4a7a88f6ee730e6

Obviously some areas of town are better than others, let me know more specifically what you are looking for and I can send you listings when they come on the market.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Check his poast history - might be a coot.

Apr 21, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Charleston Realtors ]

Or get clemalum07 to sniff him out . . . he thinks he's pretty good at finding coots disguised as other things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

forgot - here is median sales price

Apr 21, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Charleston Realtors ]

http://ctarmls.stats.10kresearch.com/infoserv/s-v1/7oaG-aoH

Is Stuckey still working Kiawah...?***

Apr 21, 2017, 9:15 AM

Re: Is Stuckey still working Kiawah...?***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:37 AM

he's listed as active, on the MLS roster.

Your profile says your occupation is

Apr 21, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Charleston Realtors ]

"film and video production".

You got some splainin to do.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

yep, that was previous field. thanks for reminder***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:01 AM

Apr 21, 2017, 10:03 AM

There is a huge supply right now but also a pretty high demand. It really depends where you are trying to invest. It might be a little too late to invest in places like JI that are close to downtown. My house has doubled in value in the past 2-3 years.

Apr 21, 2017, 10:08 AM

I will add if you really want to risk some money to make a huge profit, start buying property on Johns Island near the proposed 526 expansion. It's going to happen sometime within the next 10-15 years and property values are going to skyrocket over there. Values have already gone up a lot... 5 years ago you could get a 2500sf house over there from 200k. Now its up to prolly around 300k. Still not as high as James Island but when 526 is finished I'd imagine values will go up to around 400k

Buy the land...***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:10 AM

Ridgeville/Highway 27 area is about to explode too***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Charleston Realtors ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ridgeville/Highway 27 area is about to explode too***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:18 AM

Will prolly go up a bit when volvo starts hiring but not much. There's so much land supply over there and probably not too much demand. It's going to be 50 years before a nexton type development occurs up that way

Apr 21, 2017, 10:36 AM

What are your thoughts on the Nexton Development?

Apr 21, 2017, 10:40 AM

everything in summerville sucks

next

17 South...? Seems to be room for expansion...***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:51 AM

That's the worst football team name I've ever heard...***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:48 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic