Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,493

CBB

Mar 28, 2019, 12:51 PM

We all want him gone....but let's be real....they just signed him to that extension last season that runs thru 2024. I really don't see D-Rad firing him after he was the one that just gave him the extension. Can anyone though really tell me WHY did he give him the extension? I mean, I can't believe anyone was knocking down the doors to get to CBB for their school. We're losing 4 key starters off this team....what does the incoming class look like?

TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBB

Mar 28, 2019, 1:03 PM

You know that Clemson Basketball should not retain its coach but you don't know anything about recruits and next year's prospects for the team? You fit in real well with the other informed comments posted on this board.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:09 PM

So then you agree that his 2.5 million per season is money well spent? This is more than Boheim makes. Just under what Buzz makes. And we've been to the NCAA, what...2 times in 9 years? Sorry but some will throw in his 3 NIT appearances - the Nobody's Interested Tournament. Because they aren't. Watch last nights games - those places were so empty.

I know the class is ranked 34th and they got 3 guys coming in withe Dawes kid at 104th listed as the highest prospect. No, I've not really watched tape on him.

You know he's either slow or a troll when he says "all."

Mar 28, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: CBB ]

In fact, he can't be a troll either, because even a troll who's been here in the last year knows not "all" of us want him gone.

I hope he runs into Judge Keller somewhere that he can't leave.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:09 PM

Responses in order:

Not all of us want him gone.

He will definitely not be fired this year.

He received an extension for taking a team to the Sweet 16 at Clemson. Not sure how closely you follow the team but that doesn't happen a lot.

I don't have high hopes that any of them will be able to come in and make the team a contender as freshmen, but I have heard that this is maybe the most total talent in a class of freshmen that Brownell has been able to sign.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:15 PM

So we are just ok to accept mediocrity at 2.5 mil a year? I mean, we put all this money into the facilities and such. I'm sure Brad is a great guy - nice. But dang....OP and Barnes didn't have problems getting us there to the Big Dance. Nor did Cliff really. Only recent coach with worse record of getting us there was Shyatt.

I know he's not going anywhere - that buyout is too big and most don't care as long as football team is doing well. We all know b-ball is 3rd in Tiger Town. But this season's team was a huge disappointment based on the expectations. There were some games (er, NCSU) where some of the plays dialed up just did us in more than put us in spot to win.

Maybe I'm in the minority....just surprises me most are ok with 2.5 being spent on what we see out there on the floor at times.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:22 PM

I'm different than a lot of basketball fans but I will take 1 tournament in 4 years that results in a multi-game run vs getting bounced upon entry like we did with OP.

I find it very interesting that you chose NC State as the team where plays were "dialed up" that kept us from winning.

In the two NC State losses: We missed our final 4 free throws and were beat on a hail mary 3 pointer with a hand in the guy's face. Did Brad not draw up the free throw play corrently?

In the other game vs State we attempted to foul a guy on the floor, with a foul to give, but instead fouled a shooter. I'm not sure how Brad drew that up incorrectly either.

Mar 28, 2019, 2:30 PM

Well, we will never get a big name or proven coach in BB here anyway. The support is not there and I'm sure others see that. Attendance has proven that. It's simple - win and they will come. Had good crowds with OP and Barnes. I hate we lost them. Barnes used us as a stepping stone. I really hate we lost OP too or he left us I guess should say.

B-ball has always and will always be secondary around here - or I should say thirdly because baseball is more loved here than b-ball. Prob because we win more in that sport. We got glimpses of good b-ball seasons during the short span of Barnes and OP but now, it's just mediocre again. It's not an exciting style to watch either. If CBB is so great....then why do we never hear of any other schools trying to steal him away from us? Bama wasted no time in making their change in firing Avery Johnson. I think our mistake was a knee jerk reaction in giving Brad that extension so soon after last season. But we'll see where the 2019-20 season takes this team after the losses we get hit with. A good friend of mine who is a UNC fan believes they will be battling for the bottom spot. If that happens....is 2.5 mil still a good investment?

Mar 28, 2019, 2:42 PM

Please go ask your friend what he believes the stock market will do in the next quarter...asking for a friend.

Television is

Mar 28, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: CBB ]

The single biggest factor why attendance is down. For many of us, games were limited...now, you can watch them driving down the road. It's not just Clemson hoops. Not having home and home against the better teams, 9:00 tip-offs on a week night. It's not a product conducive to sellouts each and ever game, especially with the timing issues.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,493
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic