Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CAUTION!!!!!!! this is not over by any means!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,136

CAUTION!!!!!!! this is not over by any means!

Aug 12, 2020, 8:21 AM

You have to realize that the B10 knows what they did, why they did it is questionable but they know what they did. They also know that there will be NO Spring football. They also know that ACC, SEC, B12, etc, if they can pull the season off, will have a huge advantage in $$$ and recruiting. Also, there will be so many problems in the B10 with eligibilty, transfers, etc.

Also, understand that EVERYTHING is in some degree POLITICAL, especially in 2020. The B10 and to some degree the PAC12 will work behind the scenes in every way possible to undermine any football being played in the FALL by the Power 3. They could care less about any others but they can see this WILL, if it is pulled off correctly, be a huge advantage to those conferences moving forward in a whole lot of ways.

You will see and, I believe this will be orchestrated through the MSM, numerous negative reporting from here on out regarding COVID and athletes, COVID and college kids, etc. They really have little choice now. Watch and let's revisit in a month!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not wrong but

Aug 12, 2020, 8:25 AM

Living in the moment, this is fun.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They 100% fully expect the dominos to fall and wanted

Aug 12, 2020, 8:27 AM

to be the leaders

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Roger Waters quit Pink Floyd, he admitted that he

Aug 12, 2020, 9:00 AM

thought that would end the group right then. He was shocked when David Gilmour just kept the group going. Pink Floyd did just as well without Watters as they did with him.

Up to that point Waters was the clear leader of Pink Floyd, so he assumed that his decision would apply to everybody.

I believe the Big 10 are in shock that all the other conferences didn't fall in line.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: When Roger Waters quit Pink Floyd, he admitted that he

Aug 12, 2020, 9:21 AM

Possibly but to me it is the SEC in football so the B1G just overestimated themselves

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to When Roger Waters quit Pink Floyd, he admitted that he ]

User Logo
Tigersense®
All-TigerNet [13543]
TigerPulse: 100%
When Roger Waters quit Pink Floyd, he admitted that he [1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 9:00 AM

thought that would end the group right then. He was shocked when David Gilmour just kept the group going. Pink Floyd did just as well without Watters as they did with him.

Up to that point Waters was the clear leader of Pink Floyd, so he assumed that his decision would apply to everybody.

I believe the Big 10 are in shock that all the other conferences didn't fall in line.

IF THERE IS A FALL SEASON THE BIG 10 AND PAC 12 WILL BE RENDERED IRRELEVANT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 9:21 AM

WHAT BETTER WAY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR BRAND THAN TO PLAY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CAUTION!!!!!!! this is not over by any means!

Aug 12, 2020, 9:00 AM

I sure hope this is not the case. But your theory certainly seems plausible. I’ll watch too. Thanks for the insight

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP is Walt Deptula wannabe ^^^^^***

Aug 12, 2020, 9:30 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CAUTION!!!!!!! this is not over by any means!

Aug 12, 2020, 10:49 AM

Thumbs up only because I agree with you, not because I like what you're saying... The Big 10 will 100% do everything in their power to push information through the media to make the remaining conferences cave to the pressure.

I haven't watched a minute of ESPN TV programming, but it has been interesting hearing people like Packer, Greg McElroy, and even Deion Sanders on barstool this morning criticizing them for cancelling now. The big question is, what changed between releasing the schedule last Wednesday, and having an emergency meeting about cancelling the season on Sunday/cancelling on Tuesday less than a week later.

Again, I know there are others out there supporting the decision, but there are a good number of people in the media and even former/current players like Trevor, Deion, etc that are questioning it... particularly cancelling it this early (still 5 or so weeks out).

The thing that makes the least sense to me is still allowing them to practice. The PAC12 stated one of the reasons for cancelling now is that practices were about to amp up with actual contact. But the BIG10 is still allowing their teams the normal 20 hours per week of practices, so that reasoning is invalid for them.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens and what approach teams like Nebraska take. There has to be a loophole somehow (someone mentioned "force majeure" yesterday) to temporarily join another conference for a year, but I would assume the BIG10 would have the power to kick them out if they chose to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,136
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic