Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can’t take anymore of the nba all star game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Can’t take anymore of the nba all star game.

Feb 17, 2019, 10:10 PM

My son turned it on and after 1 minute we turned it. That was terrible

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I watched it was a clown show. Sort of like the

Feb 17, 2019, 10:42 PM

most recent NFL Pro Bowl. There's really no point in it, I mean it's not even remotely entertaining anymore. There was a time when it was an actual basketball game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Can’t take anymore of the nba all star game.

Feb 17, 2019, 10:48 PM

I don’t see how u made it thru a full minute.

It was all I could do to watch for 15 seconds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 10:58 PM

The NBA is no longer basketball. No walking calls, no double dribbling calls, no palming which happens every play, and the referees make calls when they want to. They also get 6 fouls instead of the normal 5 which all high school and college teams abide by. Its only a show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 11:09 PM

What do you expect? It's an all-star game, not the NBA Finals. Nobody is gonna try hard and risk getting hurt.

Feb 17, 2019, 11:46 PM

Then what's the point of playing it ? Is this a sporting competition or a poorly written vaudeville show ?
I say if you play a game without giving your very best effort and without any real motivation to be victorious then you should not play the game . Competition is pointless without serious competitors vying to win the competition .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 18, 2019, 12:43 AM

The point of the game and all-star week is to come together and enjoy yourself while being around friends on other teams. There's a reason they get a week off. I honestly don't mind watching some of the best athletes in the world dunk every other play. I don't mind watching James Harden hit a step-back 3 from half-court. I don't mind watching steph do a behind-the-back pass every other play. Yes, it's not as competitive as it was 20 years ago, but who cares, the arena still gets sold out every year so somebody enjoys it.

Feb 18, 2019, 6:48 AM

Heck if all you're looking for is camaraderie and goofing off on a basketball court the Harlem Globetrotters tour the country every year , bring the kids ... make a day out of it .
I want the NBA All Star game to be competitive and make me want to attend . These dudes get millions to play basketball and they have plenty of time off in the offseason .
If you're ok with that game meaning nothing more than a mid season vacay and some hugs ok , but why not do it post season like the NFL ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 18, 2019, 5:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Can’t take anymore of the nba all star game. ]

TU for using vaudeville in a post ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't even bother with the NBA All-star game..

Feb 17, 2019, 11:14 PM

Watching UFC Fight Night...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out 1980 NBA all star highlights . . .

Feb 17, 2019, 11:20 PM

Plenty of fun and showmanship, but they actually had some pride, wanted to win, and played an actual basketball game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGLAtuwCiw

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This thread and most responses are more

Feb 17, 2019, 11:55 PM

This thread and most responses are more "get off my lawn" than those discussing the music played during CU football games.

That was a pretty high bar. Well done. Well done, indeed.

And no, I didn't watch one bit. NBA doesn't interest me in the least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, some things objectively suck.***

Feb 17, 2019, 11:58 PM

- H. L. Mencken

The all star game was this weekend?

Feb 18, 2019, 6:37 AM

Didn't know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^typical old white men***

Feb 18, 2019, 7:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ^^^typical old white men***

Feb 18, 2019, 9:32 AM

"Back in my day."??????

Feb 18, 2019, 9:38 AM

The NBA has All Stars?

What's your 45 year old son doing with you late on

Feb 18, 2019, 9:40 AM

a Sunday night?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic