Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier's comments about Watson post game from a SC fan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Spurrier's comments about Watson post game from a SC fan.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:40 PM

Listen, this is my first post. I registered just to post this so I hope it will be left up. I come in peace. But I felt strongly enough about it that I wanted to register to try and comment.

I am a SC fan. However, I do wish that Spurrier would sometimes refrain from mentioning Clemson. It isn't an attribute that I love from him. I have very close friends that go to Clemson and it is an outstanding University. Dabo runs a good program with great kids. I defended Sammy Watkins very strongly when he got in trouble. When you have 85 "normal" college kids on a team, some people are going to make mistakes. But Sammy is a great kid.

So now to my point. Spurrier did NOT take a shot at Watson today. I really hope that you all with briefly put aside any orange tinted glasses and at least watch the press conference before you buy into the tweet by Josh Kendall which takes the comments completely out of context. I know this post will fall on deaf ears to some, but I am hoping that others will watch the video before you make any assumptions that Spurrier took a shot at Watson. He didn't. You have to watch the video to get the context.

I post this because I know Clemson fans feel very strongly about Watson as they should. He is a great kid and a tremendous athlete. So I would absolutely understand fans getting very upset if they felt like an rival coach took a pot shot at their player. But just don't buy into it this time. Spurrier has taken his jabs and the media likes to take full advantage of printing ANYTHING that is said between Spurrier and Dabo. I realize that is good for business.

But sometimes the media goes a little too far. Spurrier wasn't trying to take any type of negative shot regarding Watson being injured.

Here is the press conference if you want to watch it…

Good luck the rest of the season.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/collegesportslive/?media=475898

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't pay attention to Spurrier***

Nov 15, 2014, 9:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i don't pay attention to Spurrier***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:16 AM

glad you don't!!! make it 6!!!!

What? A RATIONAL coot? Who can actually spell and use

Nov 15, 2014, 9:44 PM

proper punctuation?

In all seriousness, you're right. I think this whole thing was taken out of context.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Confessed Coot's Scock***

Nov 15, 2014, 9:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ThX "SCGolfer11"...and go in peace! *

Nov 15, 2014, 9:49 PM

GoTiGERS...keep fighting!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you might be a fan but can't be a USuC grad

Nov 15, 2014, 9:48 PM

You write too well.

Watched it and you're wrong.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:48 PM

He can't help but let the doucheness out. Complete piece of garbage. GLAD he's not associated with Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:49 PM

Nobody asked him about Clemson. HE brought it up. HE asked how that "team from the upstate" did today. When a reporter said Watson went out with an injury and then told him the score, HE said "Looks better for us than it did two weeks ago."

I understand your good intentions and your need to defend your guy and that's your coach and he's the greatest coach USC has ever had. I get all that. I really do.

But Spurrier is an #######.

Me, I'll be happy when he is not only gone from college football but gone from the face of this good earth. He's a terrible human and I wish only the very worst for him.

null

Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:52 PM

It's on my bucket list to dance on his grave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dance? I have other intentions, myself.***

Nov 15, 2014, 9:53 PM

null

Re: Dance? I have other intentions, myself.***

Nov 15, 2014, 10:52 PM

I may have to go all GA Mangus on the resting spot for the ole sack of OBC.

Will make sure to eat 1 lb of asparagus and drink 64oz of malt liquor to make sure the tank is totally full for my Mangus impression.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

Wait, who's the bad human here? Wow.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

hope you don't tear an acl when you do it!!

By the way, compare Spurrier's comments about

Nov 15, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

Watson to Swinney's comments about Lattimore and you tell me who you would rather have on your side.

null

Re: By the way, compare Spurrier's comments about

Nov 15, 2014, 9:55 PM

I thought about that, too. Leave it to the classless coots to defend that soulless a-hole.

Re: By the way, compare Spurrier's comments about

Nov 16, 2014, 1:15 AM [ in reply to By the way, compare Spurrier's comments about ]

Could we expect anything more or less from the ball sack? He knows hes on his last leg literally as far as coaching and time has past him by, so hes got to get attention somehow. He'll leave usuc never winning anything and reality is finally smacking him in that coors bloodshot face of his. Only thing hes good for nowadays is how to blame his coaching staff and players on losses.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

Regardless how Spurrier intended his comments to be perceived, you are wishing for another human being to die. Whether you feel that Spurrier's comments were a shot at Watson or not, his comments pale in comparison to wishing that another man dies. Just chew on that for a moment....

I am chewing on that.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:11 PM

I like my steak medium rare. Tasty.

null

:Here's the thing, Scout. I'm not wishing him to die, I'm

Nov 15, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

just assuming I'll outlive him and his cirrhosis. Bulletin: Everyone dies. And I will dance on his foul-smelling grave.

Suck it, coot.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

You are right. No one asked him about Clemson. As I have already said, I wish he hadn't brought up Clemson. He did though. I wish he hadn't.

But a reporter is the one that then brought up Watson and Spurrier asked "Watson is hurt?"

Spurrier then went on to make the comment about not looking as bad as it looked two weeks ago. He was referring to how bad SC looked two weeks ago and the fact that Clemson lost. The reporter is the one that brought up Watson.

Obviously; many of you are not going to agree and I said that would happen in my original post.

I am also not trying to convince any of you that you should have any respect for Spurrier or anything about SC. I know that isn't going to happen for many of you regardless of the situation.

But that doesn't mean that Spurrier took a shot at Watson today. He didn't.

Nice try, but FAIL.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:16 PM

You can't whitewash that garbage and expect any thinking person to agree.

Re: Nice try, but FAIL.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:25 PM

Ok. I tried. There are a lot of times that I haven't defended Spurrier. I don't like a lot of the things he does and says. This post isn't about whether he has class overall or not. I know I am not going to win that battle with Clemson fans and I wouldnt try to.

But I don't see how anyone could actually watch the press conference and think that Spurrier was taking a shot at Watson. I just don't see how someone could come away with that perception.

Taking a shot at Clemson as a team? Yes and unfortunate. But I don't see how anyone could watch his comments and with the proper context, think that he was making a negative comment towards Watson.

Oh well. I wish Watson the best.

You're in denial.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:31 PM

Your coach is a terrible excuse for a human being.

are you kidding..he sounded glad that watson was hurt...

Nov 15, 2014, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice try, but FAIL. ]

and things looked better for him that 2 wks ago. Never a "I hate that, I am sorry or feel bad for the kid". Only than it looked better for them than 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago he did not even know if Watson would even play another down this season, so how the hell did it look better other than "I am glad he is hurt and we have a chance now"? He is a POS with his snide little remarks

If knew that the upstate team lost, you bet your bottom dollar he knew about watson. You think someone told him...oh, yeah Clemson lost and did not mention Watson?? It was all a set up

Nov 16, 2014, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice try, but FAIL. ]

Josh Kendall (who started all this on Twitter) is an @$$-hack.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Nov 16, 2014, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Nice try, but FAIL. ]

exactly!

garbage=clemsux!!!!!

Nov 15, 2014, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

I understand what you are saying, and the disgust is not with you. I wouldn't want Dabo bringing up SC at every chance either, it's just lame and petty. It makes Spurrier look small and juvenile. I'd rather lose to SC 100 times in a row than to have someone that petty representing my team and university. Clemson nation should just ignore it. It's the kind of thing we expect from Steve anyway.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

Spurrier should have said......Sorry to hear that and I wish the young man the best. That's what most said about Lattimore. But that old man crossed the line this time.
Can't wait!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reporter brought up Watson because your ######## coach

Nov 15, 2014, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

asked how the "team from the upstate" did today (as if he can't even bring himself to say the word "Clemson".

Whatever. He's a dirtbag #######. So are most Gamecock fans. It's a good match.

He'll know the word C-L-E-M-S-O-N well enough when it's ringing in his ####### ears all night long in two weeks.

null

Nov 15, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

Yep, he sure did. I remember all of the outpouring of concern and well wishes for Lattimore from our side, and Spurrier can't even bring himself to to at least respond with a tasteful comment about Watson. He represents how I see SC to a tee.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Actually, he did take a cheap shot. Again. ]

Awe...wont some cheese with that whine?????

hahahaahahahahaha

Doesn't take a dime out of my pay check......

Nov 15, 2014, 9:58 PM

although my boss is me. Who cares? He's a heartless #######.

Let him worry about what convenience store is open after 12.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

screw that. I hope spurrier rots in hell***

Nov 15, 2014, 9:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Don't let Spurlick get in Tneters head like Dabo's***

Nov 15, 2014, 10:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier's comments about Watson post game from a SC fan.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:12 PM

Good job trying to reason with these people. You should go convince Hamas to reason with Israel while you're at it.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:20 PM

"It took my breath away," Swinney said. "I was watching and it just breaks my heart. I mean, I just hurt for him and his family and his teammates. This is a guy that, to me, represents all the good things that college football should be about. He's a guy I know personally. He's a class young man and so is his family. I know how hard he has worked.

"If there is anybody I would bet on it is Marcus Lattimore," Swinney continued. "I know it will be a long process, but I tell you what, I would put my money on Marcus Lattimore in a heartbeat. When he comes to terms with this, he will do everything he can to come back. My prayers go out to him and his family. I have been heavy-hearted for him. He is a winner in every regard. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him from a football standpoint. He has been a great representative for his family and his university. I will lift him up in my prayers."

Dabo's well wishes for Lattimore. That is class. Spurrier is a #######.

Exactly

Nov 15, 2014, 10:21 PM

One is class. One is a bitter old gimp.

null

Nov 15, 2014, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier's comments about Watson post game from a SC fan. ]

Solid orange, Dabos comments about Lattimore were very classy. But that doesn't mean that Spurrier's comments today were a shot at Watson.

Obviously, I shoildnt have posted. I tried to be very respectful. Like I said, I don't defend a lot of what Spurrier does.

But specifically regarding today, I don't see how anyone can watch the comments and think that he was directing a shot towards DeShaun Watson.

Guess I was wrong.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:34 PM

Oh, I agree. He didn't directly. It's the way he just kind of shrugged it off and made the remark about being better off than he was 2 weeks ago. But hey, we can't expect him to say what we want him to, or something classy for that matter...That's the whole thing.

No. 1 rule of decency:

Nov 15, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier's comments about Watson post game from a SC fan. ]

if you say ANYTHING about an injured competitor, it should be how you regret his bad fortune and how you wish him the best. Did your ######## coach do that?

I'll hang up and listen.

Re: No. 1 rule of decency:

Nov 15, 2014, 10:36 PM

Exactly

On another note

Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 PM

Watching FSU/Miami....How many rabbits' feet and horseshoes can Jimbo Fisher possibly carry in his rectum every week? When is FSU's LUCK going to run out? I'm so sick of them. Every week, teams just fumble out of the blue on a big gain, or an interception/score off of a tipped ball. Ok ...done with that rant...back to hating Spurrier.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to No. 1 rule of decency: ]

David, you asked me a question so I will respond

A reporter informed Spurrier that Watson was injured and Spurrier asked back "Watson is injured?" as a question.

If you are saying that Spurrier SHOULD have taken a moment to stop and say something positive about Watson then I will say that would have been great. He probably shoud have done that.

But he didn't say anything negative about Watson. The reason I posted originally is because I was reading where Clemson fans were saying he took a shot at Watson. That is an action. Not saying anything about Watson, while maybe not the best option, is not the same thing as taken a shot at an injured player.

Nov 15, 2014, 11:07 PM

a reporter told him Watson was injured AFTER the idiot said I guess that team from the upstate lost. Do you honestly think someone told him Clemson lost without adding that Watson was hurt???????

and he did take a shot at Watson in his sick way. By saying 'I guess it looks better for us than 2 weeks ago' is saying he is glad Watson is hurt.

You coots need to really stop with the kool aid..........just ask Jim Jones followers

Nov 15, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier's comments about Watson post game from a SC fan. ]

Quit trying to rationalize with the walking brainless. Enjoy the victory today as wins in the swamp are hard to come by.

ya know..if you didn't think he said something wrong..

Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 PM

you would not have taken the time to join a rival's message board to defend him. You are doing nothing but trying to cover up for your scum bag hero. Why in the world do you think he needs defending if he did nothing wrong.

You are just as much an idiot as he is. You know his track record for cute little remarks that are actually said to make fun of someone. He is known for it and everyone knows it.

Not really sure why you even bothered to do this. If he did not need defending, then you would just sit back and laugh at Clemson fans.

Do you think he would have even asked about "that team from the upstate" if he had not already known the results??? Yeah, me either. That is not his style. He tries to set himself for the answer before the question.

SMDH

Spurrier is a classless prick, even when he is sober,

Nov 15, 2014, 10:50 PM

no other coach would mention another team like he did and check back to see if he mentioned Cu during his losing streak.

Re: Spurrier is a classless prick, even when he is sober,

Nov 15, 2014, 10:56 PM

Now we know why him Garcia couldn't get along probably had a fight over the last beer.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Spurrier is a classless prick, even when he is sober, ]

This is true. No one does that. I've been following college football for a long time, and he's the ONLY coach I've ever seen mention his rival in an interview or press conference when he's not even playing them that week. I've also never seen a fan base that worries more about their in state rival than their own team.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Spurrier is a classless prick, even when he is sober, ]

Even IS Sprrier wasn't taking a shot at Watson, it is obvious that he is obscessed with Clemson and is just so juvenile about that. But his comment when he heard DeShaun was injured was just crystal clear. There was absolutely NO expression of sorrow for the kid - no compassion. The only thing that came out of his mouth was how this would benefit him and his team. An underlying happiness there. What a TOTAL lack of class. This guy is a piece of work. Hard to like. Good coach - you've got to give him that, but that is about all, and that is why so many people have such a dislike for him and wish ill feelings on him. I don't understand how the USC administration can justify tolerating his behavior - is winning ALL that matters? Don't they care anything about how he is representing their school?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:34 AM

Very good analysis of his comments and summation of his personality. Those idiots admire a man that is a POS as a human being and could care less about them or their school. They sold their souls - if they ever had any.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:53 AM

I know you're hurting, but You didn't watch the PC, did you? No, you did not.
If you had, you'd see his comments were clearly taken out of context. It's not even close. If you don't realize that, I suggest you stop eating paint chips.

so, your handle on fgf is USC3307....we will remember that***

Nov 15, 2014, 11:21 PM

Put it on a list***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:03 AM

lol...and your cootie friends need their hearing and ...

Nov 15, 2014, 11:24 PM

eyes checked.

I heard him say Watson was a good player and was sorry to hear about an injury.

I think Dabo should be run out of town for allowing a player whom we knew was hurt this week, to play. His hand was swollen like a balloon. Dabo doesn't give a rat's behind how hurt they are as long as he has a chance to WIN at any cost. The taters are mad at the wrong coach. Take a look in their own backyard.

Thanks for registering.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:00 AM

Here's an idea. Let spurrier enjoy his black parade and stop apologizing for him. Taking cheap shots at a school that has historically dominated your employer, that's right his employer, which he has no ties other than a paycheck. He seems embarrassed to be associated with the gamecocks and still you get these occasional flashes of him thinking he's at Florida where he actually mattered. We are not a good football team, he may win 6 in a row against us this year and you chickens will look back on him as a hero, meanwhile he will be at Florida for alumni games. I've lived 40 years and have experienced mostly domination over you chickens so enjoy your spoils, and hope this train wreck of an offense doesn't catch a runner on you in a few weeks.

Re: Thanks for registering.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:20 AM

I'll take 6 in a row, bud. You'll be gnashing your teeth or what's left of them. No harm, man, just like winning...year after year after year after year after year and hopefully this year as well. If we don't I'm still cool. See y 'all ion the mountains or at the beach ,what a great state

Nov 16, 2014, 12:44 AM

First off, thank you for your classy post. We are talking about an injury here and I honestly would not want to see Dylan Thompson get hurt and would never take a shot at his injury. These are young kids we are talking about.

I feel sure it was taken out of context as while Spurrier can be a real prick sometimes, I have never heard him take a shot at player that was injured.

( would want to play SC at full power and I would hope as a SC fan, you would want to play Clemson with our best players.

I really don't pay a lot of attention what Spurrier says because he only makes comments to try to get to the coaching staff of the other teams.

Who knows what will happen if we have to play you guys with Stoudt in. I would feel good about our chances with Watson but Stoudt started out bad and just got worse as the season went along which is a very bad sign in a senior QB.

Anyways, thanks for the classy post. I have not watched the press conference but I believe you when you say his comments were taken out of context.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 1:35 AM

Why do you have another account? Oh thats right youre chicken$h1+

Nov 16, 2014, 1:42 AM

The bottom line is this: If the original poster DID NOT think that Spurrier's comments were questionable, then he would have never posted his manuscript of excuses for Spurrier to begin with. If ole Steve knew that Clemson lost(which HE brought up without prior mention), you can bet your A## that he knew Watson was hurt. He played that exactly the way he meant to in typical smug Spurrier fashion. Nothing to take out of context..it's plainly there if you have half a brain and know how this guy conducts himself. Even an unbiased Penn State friend of mine called and was talking about it. Stay delusional coots. The only stupid ones here are you.

Nov 16, 2014, 9:54 AM

Yep that old sack was happy Watson got hurt but we already knew Good Ol Spurrier din't like black QB anyways.......

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic