Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Peaceful DC 6 months ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 633

Peaceful DC 6 months ago

Jan 10, 2021, 12:03 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-braces-for-third-day-of-protests-and-clashes-over-death-of-george-floyd/2020/05/31/589471a4-a33b-11ea-b473-04905b1af82b_story.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mostly peaceful***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:06 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

They’re stagin a Coupe DeVille!***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But this was all justified and/or it wasn't BLM or ANTIFA,

Jan 10, 2021, 12:10 PM

rather it was proud boys. That's what i've been told by dems I work with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sounds like you work with retards.***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, very intelligent, educated democrats who keep their

Jan 10, 2021, 12:42 PM

noses buried in leftest websites 24-7 that fuel and confirm their biases. It's very common, exists on all sides of the political/ideological spectrum, and is why we are so divided.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

But whatabout....???!!!!!***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:24 PM

Re: But whatabout....???!!!!!***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:27 PM

Ya I was/am anti all the violence/looting/vandalism

Jan 10, 2021, 12:58 PM

etc associated with all the BLM marches over the summer. Which has nothing to do with what happened at the Capitol. Which was an anti-American disgrace.

Re: Ya I was/am anti all the violence/looting/vandalism

Jan 10, 2021, 1:06 PM

“Two wrongs don’t make a right”.***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trumper flowchart

Jan 10, 2021, 1:18 PM

Who's rioting?

• If left-wingnuts: Complain about left-wingnuts.

• If right-wingnuts: Complain about left-wingnuts.

• 2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are perpetuating a further lie in stating that people

Jan 10, 2021, 1:33 PM

on both sides weren't condemning the violence, rioting, and looters from the summer.

What you are confusing, likely willfully, is how the POTUS at the time was referring to the whole turnout as "thugs" and such, lumping the whole scene into one giant thug invasion of city streets, with suburbs next, and throwing out antagonizing rhetoric that only fueled it (sound familiar?).

On Wednesday, he stated clearly "my people aren't thugs" though they were responsible for something even more grievous - an assault on our nation's Capitol building housing the entire legislative branch plus the VP (traitorous VP I should add?). People on here were defending rights to protest, just as most supported Wednesday's right to protest, right up to the point it devolved into an attempted insurrection.

It is a lie, pure and simple, to state that people on here or elsewhere, outside of fringe elements, were okay with the violence. Ignorance either willful or otherwise remains ignorance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I did was post an article from 6 months ago

Jan 10, 2021, 1:40 PM

and wrongly said peaceful, but was corrected to state mostly peaceful. I have denounced the violence at the capital many times as I did 6 months ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. With billions of dollars of damage and parts of

Jan 10, 2021, 3:02 PM

major cities being completely taken over by criminals who were commiting acts of violence, talking heads repeatedly emphasized, so that we all knew, that the summer protests were mostly peaceful. The protest at the capitol this week, which ended in some idiots violently, illegally storming the capitol building, was also mostly peaceful, yet not a single talking head has characterized it that way. Those are the facts. News media is delivering a message that goes well beyond reporting facts; and it is not a politically neutral or unbiased message.

- H. L. Mencken

One group committing acts of violence...

Jan 10, 2021, 3:11 PM

...bad, I agree. The other committing acts of violence AND treason/sedition. I don’t know, which one do you think is worse?

What is attacking the White House?

Jan 10, 2021, 3:18 PM

Both are terrible enough to warrant unbiased

Jan 10, 2021, 3:49 PM [ in reply to One group committing acts of violence... ]

reporting. Which one is worse than the other is not the point.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Peaceful DC 6 months ago

Jan 10, 2021, 3:07 PM

How many died and how far did they get into the US Capitol building? One is a little more shocking then the other. One rattled our nation and the world a touch more than the other. You might as well compare when people burn cars after a sports championship next.

Jan 10, 2021, 3:17 PM

Jan 10, 2021, 3:21 PM

Not even similar. I think the main issue might be going over your head, but I generally see you as a smart guy. I will just let you pretend that you don't get the difference.

Jan 10, 2021, 3:28 PM

Jan 10, 2021, 3:46 PM

Yes, they are. I wanted those guys shot. I have stated here many of times.

Jan 10, 2021, 3:48 PM

Which one is worse than the other is not the point.

Jan 10, 2021, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Peaceful DC 6 months ago ]

The point is that all of these deserve unbiased reporting without delivering a one-sided, politically driven message.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Which one is worse than the other is not the point.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:01 PM

Vey true, but even with unbiased reporting, this situation in DC is not even similar as far as magnitude. Sure the press was biased about the looting etc etc in those earlier protests around the country. They didn't report it as tough as they could have for various reasons. That's neither here nor there. The scenarios of the stories are so different. DC is one of the bigger moments in US history.

Okay, so here is where we are:

Jan 10, 2021, 5:13 PM

The storming of the capitol building was worse and more historically significant than the assault on federal buildings, widespread violence and takeover of parts of some major cities by gangs of rioters this summer. None of us are okay with that.

The reporting of these events is politically one-sided and agenda driven, painting an inaccurate, untrue picture of the events. You are okay withh that, and I am not.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 26
    | visibility 633
    Archives - General Boards Archive
    add New Topic