Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BTW...How many stars did Vic Beasley have ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,513

BTW...How many stars did Vic Beasley have ?

Feb 23, 2015, 9:07 AM

I trust our coaches to pick the right guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW...How many stars did Vic Beasley have ?

Feb 23, 2015, 9:22 AM

He was a high 3 Star by rivals. I think he had the highest spaq score of anybody in the country and Tom lemming had him number 2 player in the country, but everyone thought he was crazy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand slamming Beasly because of star

Feb 23, 2015, 9:28 AM

ratings. It makes no sense at all. He was highly recruited and had a good rating. Yes he excelled, which has very little to do with high school ratings from coaches or from experts. It has much more to do with his work ethic.

He was the one to work out and study. He put in the work. The coaches missed more than they got right if the NFL is the goal. Trust the coaches right? Well yeah, but some that they recruited in the same class had similar expectations and for whatever reason didn't pan out. This is all on Beasley, not on the coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand slamming Beasly because of star

Feb 23, 2015, 9:37 AM

Actually this one is on the coaches more than most. Dabo is the one to ask Beasley to give DE a try even though Beasley didn't want to at first. I agree it is on the player to put in the work but the coaches, particularly Dabo, get the credit for finding the right fit for Beasley to excel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand slamming Beasly because of star

Feb 23, 2015, 11:00 AM [ in reply to I don't understand slamming Beasly because of star ]

> ratings. It makes no sense at all. He was highly
> recruited and had a good rating. Yes he excelled,
> which has very little to do with high school ratings
> from coaches or from experts. It has much more to do
> with his work ethic.
>
> He was the one to work out and study. He put in the
> work. The coaches missed more than they got right if
> the NFL is the goal. Trust the coaches right? Well
> yeah, but some that they recruited in the same class
> had similar expectations and for whatever reason
> didn't pan out. This is all on Beasley, not on the
> coaches.

My intent was just the opposite, there are several threads on here critical of the fact that Clemson appears to be "slipping" back to recruiting 3 star linemen. Beasley was a 3 star. And he is a beast. I trust the coaches to take a player with any number of stars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was a 3*, but could've been a 4*. Hindsight

Feb 23, 2015, 9:26 AM

being what it is, it seems hard to believe that he was any less than a 5*. Totally agree with you though. I trust this staff with their talent evaluation, and I absolutely trust Dabo with his coaching hires. He's batting 1000 so far IMO. Between the chance he took on CCM (a year removed from coaching HS ball), and knowing he wanted CBV to replace Steele. I think any of the sane fans on here would agree. In addition, I don't think he gets enough credit for bringing Dan Brooks in....or maybe Coach Brooks just doesn't get the credit I believe he deserves from the casual fan. Either way, this staff has shown enough in the past to earn the trust of the fans in what they decide to do/who they decide to offer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW...How many stars did Vic Beasley have ?

Feb 23, 2015, 9:31 AM

I traveled from Austin Texas to Atlanta 3 years ago to watch Clemson play Auburn in the Chick Fila Classic. My wife and I stayed at the Clemson team hotel. On one occasion, we rode down the elevator with Vic Beasley and another Clemson player. My wife commented that both players were smaller than she thought they would be. I thought the same. Both players were thin. I show my wife photos of Vic Beasley and tell her that the skinny kid has grown into one of the top ten NFL draft picks, quite a change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wasnt he originally a TE?***

Feb 23, 2015, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and possibly RB till Dabo told him to give DE a shot.

Feb 23, 2015, 12:04 PM

As they say, "The rest is history!" (literally for Beasley!)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,513
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic