Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowl opt outs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Bowl opt outs

Dec 20, 2020, 5:55 PM

How much is it due for fear of COVID and how much because the teams cannot afford to go financially?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowl opt outs

Dec 20, 2020, 6:03 PM

How much is it due for fear of COVID and how much because the teams cannot afford to go financially?

These kids and coaches have been "largely socially isolated" since the beginning of fall camp! Unable to see friends and family. If the game will keep them away from their family for another two weeks and "it's not for a National Title" I guess for some this season I can see why. Ordinarily I am one that says, "finish what you start"!
Easy for me to say - but I would tell my son via zoom or teams or skype to hang in there for two weeks. It's not like you are going to be coming home to a packed house or anything like it was anyway. Once the season is over and you get a break we will catch up(I am military so being away from family/friends comes with it and you deal with it). Especially if the player is coming back the following season. Lots of signs point to the world being a more normal version of itself by September! Go out and play/practice for one more game then take a break. Catch up mentally - then get ready for spring ball! Only way to get better at football is to play! Don't forfeit your opportunity to do so!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for that perspective_ seriously. The other side _

Dec 20, 2020, 6:14 PM

is that teams with average to below average seasons are simple tired _ burned out. A second tier bowl wit minimal amenities doesn’t have a whole lot of appeal.

Can respect an opt out for the marginal teams going to a lower tier bowl. Playing is better for most teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowl opt outs

Dec 20, 2020, 6:04 PM

I don't think it is a "fear" of Covid. I think it is a combination of being done with all the Covid protocol (testing, no fans, no fun at the bowl site, etc.) and the cost. Plus these young folks have given a lot to get this far. Let them spend time with family without Covid worries.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic