Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yup.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 831

Yup.

Apr 17, 2021, 10:43 AM

Tiggity and Fauci won’t like this.

https://twitter.com/aghamilton29/status/1383194556032811010?s=10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Biden administration pledges $7 billion to lightning rod program.”***

Apr 17, 2021, 10:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Yup.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:00 AM

been going on for over a year and less than 10% of the population has been infected?

if you do get it, over 98% survival

doesnt seem too scary

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

99.98 or greater for most folks

Apr 17, 2021, 11:02 AM

and the numbers for the elderly are highly suspect.

It's all just statistical manipulation anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is clear that if one is over 70, this is something to

Apr 17, 2021, 12:00 PM

stay away from. Half a million people have died, and that is a low percentage, but the demographic disparity is obvious: 95% of deaths were in that group. I don't have any issue with the accuracy of the numbers and demographics. The problem is that if for 90 minutes there was no such thing as partisan politics and ideology, and for those 90 minutes we were presented with covid as a hypothetical problem, with the known stats and demographics, and we discussed possible responses, the one we would first reject is the one we have followed.

There was an ideological packaging of reality at the start, and many of us bought into it and now won't let go of it. But the stats are probably accurate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2021, 11:28 AM

Uh...how is that a bad thing??

I look at that and I see: "We get football back this fall."

I wanna tailgate again.

How is anybody unhappy about this?

Apr 19, 2021, 11:30 AM

The regular flu has the same death rate. Sooooo, I don’t expect to see you at any games....ever!

Here we go again.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:31 AM

Using total population numbers to statistically marginalize something. That worked originally with covid to compare it with influenza, until 560K people died.

But yeah, so far I like what I'm seeing. Would be nice to know which vaccines were the breakthrough cases though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here we go again.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:35 AM

I think it was Pfizer.

Re: Here we go again.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:37 AM

Also think it was the South African variant that was able to break through the Pfizer vax in very limited cases, if memory serves.

A relative is covid terrified, sends daily emails. Today

Apr 17, 2021, 11:40 AM

came an email linking an article with this headline:

"CDC Studies 'Breakthrough' COVID Cases Among People Already Vaccinated : Shots - Health News : NPR"

Oh my, I thought, Fauci was right, after vaccinations have to go from two masks to three. The story followed the predictable formula: Opens with an anecdotal story about a sweet daughter who was vaccinated and still wore masks, handwashed, etc. But she got covid. Sniff.

Then came the story of shock; "I thought I was immune!". IE: This could happen to you!! Beware!!

On down the story we finally see this:

"This incomplete protection that some people experience occurs to some extent with a vaccine against any disease, says Dr. Saad Omer, a vaccine researcher at Yale University, and the numbers gathered so far are in line with what's expected, the CDC says."

"So the bottom line is: It's expected. No need to freak out," Omer says.

In other words, there is no story, there never was a story, there is not going to be a story. So NPR took an anecdote that actually represents a good thing, repackaged it, and turned it an alarmist headline and opening, which is what most people read. People still doubt that there is an overriding social agenda to media., one forming our view of the world we live in. 1984. Maybe Brave New World. Elements of each, actually.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A relative is covid terrified, sends daily emails. Today

Apr 17, 2021, 12:36 PM

my kid is terrified of covid

but will drive 800 miles without stopping, through DC, Philly, Baltimore without hesitation

lol

Apr 17, 2021, 12:22 PM

Vaccine works? Great!!! Now everybody can shut the heck up about people not wearing a mask.

Vaccinated & returning to bad habit of beer drinking in bars

Apr 17, 2021, 12:24 PM

But Covid is real, I know five folks who passed in last year from it. Two were in 80s and three in 50s and early 60s. I wasn’t extremely close to these people _ but nevertheless sad.

Any analysis of the US pandemic response is dependent upon an individual ‘s economic, health and life impacts. I just respect different perspectives because people had different experiences. Some folks experienced the loss of close family members or friends so careful to be considerate.

I count my self fortunate _ and hope it continues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 831
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic