Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,193

Baseball next year

Jun 17, 2014, 8:41 AM

Nope, not a post about coaching. Just ran across this. AIAIG.

This paper outlines the physics behind the flatter seamed MLB balls verses the current NCAA balls. The NCAA is not changing to the MLB ball, but will use something similar to the current minor league spec. They expect about 20 feet more carry on a typical fly ball.

http://baseball.physics.illinois.edu/KensrudThesis.pdf

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2013-11-05/di-committee-changes-flat-seamed-baseballs-2015-championship

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball next year- so we can spend a bundle again

Jun 17, 2014, 8:44 AM

to move back home plate. Hurray!!! (sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in response to the lack of HRs in the CWS

Jun 17, 2014, 9:08 AM

but when its impossible to punish the pitcher for a mistake, on the most visible stage of the sport, something had to be done.

With the bat rules and the raised seam balls, the pitcher had too much of an advantage.

Re: Baseball next year

Jun 17, 2014, 9:51 AM

If Boulware returns maybe some of his long fly ball outs will clear the fence. Seems like most of his outs were cans of corn in the deep outfield.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Jun 17, 2014, 9:53 AM

uh, boulware is now playing in montana for the reds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2014, 10:48 AM

With the NCAA continuously screwing around with baseball. That is the #1 absolute reason that I have lost almost all interest in college Baseball. Baseball was meant to be played with wooden bats, a good made baseball, and what ever glove that suited the player. NCAA bat and ball rules have choked the game to death. And collegiate baseball has become by far the most boring sport to sit and watch of the three major sports. My vote would be bring back the wooden bat with the same baseball that the major leagues use. To me that ting sound of the medal bats is a pathetic sound that camouflages the sound of a solid hit ball. It use to be that we could tell by the crack of the bat if the ball was headed out the park. Just bring back good ole traditional Baseball, then leave it the H&ll alone, and play Ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you on the wooden bats. Years ago I was in a

Jun 17, 2014, 1:02 PM

baseball card shop in McAlister Square mall and was talking with the owner when Jim Phillips came in and he had the same take on getting rid of the metal bats.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic