Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bakers must bake for gays but Sterling can't go to a game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Bakers must bake for gays but Sterling can't go to a game?

Apr 30, 2014, 7:40 AM

If a homosexual couple can force a baker to bake them a cake, or a photographer to photograph their wedding, can't Sterling sue to force the NBA to let him buy a ticket and attend the games?

Aren't they all offering a service or product to the public? How can they ban a person because they don't like the point of view, that's illegal discrimination, isn't it?

Does this mean that any owner of a business, or a cartel or association like the NBA CAN refuse service to anyone for any reason?

Some discrimination against a discriminator is ok, but discrimination against another group with different ideads is not...this is all so confusing.

And this is why we must be a nation of laws not of emotion. Why we must not be governed by populist or PC sentiment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's quit disguising it! It is whether you're a liberal or

Apr 30, 2014, 7:53 AM

a conservative!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what part of leftist facism do you not understand?

Apr 30, 2014, 7:53 AM

hope and change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: what part of leftist facism do you not understand?

Apr 30, 2014, 8:40 AM

Funny.

And not.

Re: what part of leftist facism do you not understand?

May 1, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to what part of leftist facism do you not understand? ]

Fascism is right wing extremism, not left. Communism is left wing.

Re: Bakers must bake for gays but Sterling can't go to a game?

Apr 30, 2014, 7:54 AM

I think I need the instruction manual. Let me see if I have it right. You can't discriminate against minorities. The majority is fair game for whatever anyone wants to throw at them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the gist of it, TotalTee.....

Apr 30, 2014, 8:05 AM

either you march in lockstep with the other lemmings over the cliff or you shall be punished. I can only imagine what the Founders of this great representative republic would think if they could see how their creation has been destroyed.

they would revolt of course!!!!***

Apr 30, 2014, 8:34 AM

Though I would agree the courts would not.

Apr 30, 2014, 8:40 AM

A similar case has been before the supreme court. Seems I remember a white person filing suit against a black firm for failing to hire him because of race. The court said that while his argument had merit according to the letter of the law it failed when weighed with the spirit of the law.

The law is intended to level the playing field by raising the black race and is not to be used to the white's advantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Though I would agree the courts would not.

Apr 30, 2014, 8:58 AM

In other words, white folks are the only ones who can be discriminated against, but not if they belong to the far left.

I'd be ashamed to admit I was hired only because of...

Apr 30, 2014, 9:07 AM

the color of my skin. That would be the most humiliating thing I'd ever endured. Now don't you feel sorry for blacks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

o.k. apparently we have to go through this slowly for you...

Apr 30, 2014, 9:23 AM

Bakers aren't "forced" to bake for gay people. If you are a public business, you must offer your business services to people who are legally entitled to it, just as a CPA has to offer his services to black people AND white people, men AND women, if he/she is open for business to the public. God, you people are truly pathetic in your level of victimization.

Are the Clippers not Public? I missed where the government

Apr 30, 2014, 9:38 AM

took over?

Must have left that part out of the story...sorry.

Yes, the Clippers are a business that caters to the public.

May 2, 2014, 3:03 PM

Therefore they must sell tickets to white people AND black people, men AND women, gay people AND straight people. As far as Don Sterling goes, he owns a franchise, which means he has to operate within the constraints of the franchise, just like Chik Fil A franchises do.

A baker is private we are expanding what we used to call

Apr 30, 2014, 10:05 AM [ in reply to o.k. apparently we have to go through this slowly for you... ]

Public , public used to be government, like a public library or public school. Privately owned businesses, like the clippers and a baker used to be considered private.

By your own definition the clippers are then public and must let sterling go to games,

The bigger question should be...

Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 AM

how the #### did 12 people thumbs up this drivel?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

13 now...

Apr 30, 2014, 10:16 AM

:)

Well then there are at least 14 very simple people on here

Apr 30, 2014, 10:23 AM

that are confusing discrimination with punishment. Bakers can't discriminate against a group for their sexual orientation. Sterling is being punished for making racist and discriminatory comments.

Somewhat different context, but neither very hard to grasp.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well then there are at least 14 very simple people on here

May 1, 2014, 12:49 PM

You can kill someone for forcing their way into your home. And you can be forced out of a building you own for "saying" something negative and degrading about another race other than your own in the privacy of your home. His opinions is the opinion of a racist. But I don't think that our laws allow people to take over or control what they own b/c they are racist. If they were, Maurice's Piggy Park would have been taken from him, and Maurice would have been kept out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huge difference

May 1, 2014, 1:57 PM

Steriling is just a franchise owner in a bigger corporation.

If your local Wendy's owner went on a similar rant, I'm pretty sure Wendy's would disassociate from him as well.

Ding, ding, ding!***

May 1, 2014, 2:37 PM

Because we have a fan base full of bigots of all stripes.***

May 2, 2014, 7:18 PM [ in reply to The bigger question should be... ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being a bigot isn't a protected class

May 1, 2014, 1:53 PM

Protected classes include:

Race
Physical disability
Pregnancy
Veteran status
Sexual Orientation (controversial)

Being a racist bigot isn't on the list. Maybe you'd like it to be, but that's not how it works. You can refuse service to anyone for any reason not on that list (including being a grade-A #########).

Stretch any farther and you are going to pop a hammy

May 1, 2014, 1:56 PM

I can't decide if the Sterling fan club is sad or funny.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

If I defend done lady for being beat

May 1, 2014, 2:22 PM

Up because she is lesbian, it by no means implies that I agree with lesbians, that I'm a fan of lesbians, or that I want to be one. I just don't think they should be beat up.

For the record i completely im a fan of hot hot lesbians and would like to be one IF my wife agrees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^^^^POST OF THE YEAR IMO^^^^^^^^^

May 1, 2014, 2:24 PM

Going to be hard to beat this one gents.

I think this really sums up the internet. POTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

May 1, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to If I defend done lady for being beat ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to have your babies***

May 1, 2014, 2:36 PM [ in reply to If I defend done lady for being beat ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'd be like 2/5 lesbian...

May 2, 2014, 5:09 PM

unless your mother's Dad was a full blooded lesbian. That make your children at least 1/4-3/5 lesbian?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You totally don't understand what is going on

May 2, 2014, 7:15 PM

Sterling is a franchise owner of a team in the NBA. In order to purchase the team there are a lot of terms and agreements he has to consent to. There is lots of language in these agreements such as moral clauses and so forth that are subject to penalties that he must abide to.

Obviously the NBA felt that his actions violated some part of the agreement he had and they suspended him for it. As part of the league suspension he can have zero access to anything involved with the NBA. This is allowed b/c of consenting documents he signed when he purchased the team.

He is not some regular joe just trying to buy a ticket to some game. There is much more to it than that and your comparison has nothing to do with this situation.

Embarrassing.***

May 2, 2014, 7:16 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic