Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one who has a lifelong desire to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 835

Am I the only one who has a lifelong desire to

Apr 9, 2021, 10:13 AM

Throw bolas at the ankles of someone fleeing from me, instantly tying their feet together and causing them to fall on the ground face-first?

I’m just taking the temperature of this—-seems like a great bar concept, like the axe throwing places.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I routinely practice my nunchaku skills,

Apr 9, 2021, 10:21 AM

(that's nunchucks for the uncultured cucks who don't know the ways of the warrior), and have mastered the blade through hours of dedicated kata work and YouTube videos. My skill with the katana is vastly outpacing my proficiency with the ninjat?, but I'm getting there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^Diamond Dave ^ skoc ^

Apr 9, 2021, 10:51 AM

don’t go ninja ‘n nobody that don’t need ninja ‘n

https://youtu.be/iGGSWPMycz4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I'm more a stake-in-the-front-spokes-of-a-motorcycle guy.***

Apr 9, 2021, 10:28 AM

No, but I've switched recently from my game I play where I

Apr 9, 2021, 10:29 AM

guess what kind of bush a woman passerbyer has to wondering how scrambled her tulips are. I've seen too much lasagna on reddit pr0n lately and it's making me wonder if there are more roast beefs out there than I realize. I've never seen a pair of flaps but maybe it's just because of my prowess and charmingly good looks that I only attract the creme de la creme.

Is this part of getting you out of your vacation comfort

Apr 9, 2021, 10:32 AM

zone?

It sounds like part of a Jay Peterman/early 90's Banana Republic ad for the perfect natural linen, water proof Safari jacket

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is certain...

Apr 9, 2021, 10:35 AM

if it's vacation destination where a pith helmet is NOT required, Obed isn't going.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there was an era- prolly just before yours- where this was

Apr 9, 2021, 10:49 AM

done on a regular basis. Because of the existence of a popular child's toy called "clackers". They were supposed to be used as a game of skill clacking the two balls together, but after 15 minutes of that, the mind got bored, and then turned to mischief and harm to others. The industrious among us would use them in the very manner you state, and the most athletic of us could take down a kid at 20 paces.

Of course, they were banned without recourse after a wildly successful 2 or 3 years.

https://youtu.be/bs7GAEkJITI

Safety hazard
Clackers were taken off the market in the United States and Canada when reports came out of children becoming injured while playing with them. Fairly heavy and fast-moving, and made of hard acrylic plastic, the balls would occasionally shatter upon striking each other but not as easily as the 1960s glass models.[3] In the United States, they were classed as a "mechanical hazard" in United States v. Article Consisting of 50,000 Cardboard Boxes More or Less, Each Containing One Pair of Clacker Balls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackers

To this very day....

Apr 9, 2021, 10:54 AM

I still use Clackers® to bring down my human prey and Jarts® to make the kill. I'm old school that way.

it's amazing Jarts made it through ASTM or Consumer Product

Apr 9, 2021, 11:19 AM

Commission, whatever was the judging standards of the day.

Heck, we had a set, more than one. And we had Olympic-style competitions with them. Accuracy, length, destructive power to bottles, cans, basketballs, you name it. All with mom and dad's loving approval. They were just glad we were outside entertaining ourselves.

https://youtu.be/NE6415eqzWI

I currently have two vintage sets and one new set of the

Apr 9, 2021, 11:38 AM

British mini lawn darts that a buddy in England managed to send over to me. blaquedanny I think has two sets as well...we used to have a Jarts tournament at his house. We even awarded a green jacket to the winner. We need to bring that back to life.

LOL at the balls would sometimes shatter, but not as easily

Apr 9, 2021, 10:56 AM [ in reply to there was an era- prolly just before yours- where this was ]

as the glass ones before them.

Were these manufactured by Irwin Mainway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veMiNQifZcM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bag o glass shards is still a very popular toy***

Apr 9, 2021, 11:03 AM

I miss Johnny Switchblade: Adventure Punk.***

Apr 9, 2021, 11:40 AM

Reminds me of my favorite cereal box toy.

Apr 9, 2021, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Bag o glass shards is still a very popular toy*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 835
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic