Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad bowl games. Why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Bad bowl games. Why?

Jan 2, 2016, 8:17 PM

After last year's disaster of SEC losses in bowl games, I feel the SEC teams chose weak teams instead of good match ups this year. Don't tell me they had no say in where they would play. They are the great SEC and can decide who they wish to play. Am I right or wrong? What I'm seeing is terrible bowl games, and no good match ups. Just MHO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad bowl games. Why?

Jan 2, 2016, 8:31 PM

Don't agree that they chose them but do agree that they were chosen for them. And yes they suck

Jan 2, 2016, 8:55 PM

SEC matchups have been extremely favorable towards them. Obviously the fix was in after last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why? Too many bowls

Jan 2, 2016, 9:07 PM

There are 128 FBS teams. There are 41 bowls. 2 teams play in 2 bowls because of the NCG. That means that 80 teams, or 62.5% go bowling. Too many sorry teams being picked for too many bowls.

You can't convince me that more than 35-40% of the 128 deserve to go bowling. At 40% that's still 26-27 bowls counting the NCG. And that may be too many.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Just curious how was last year disastrous for the SEC?

Jan 2, 2016, 9:23 PM

The SEC won more bowl games (7), than any other conference and finished 2nd of the Power 5 in winning %.

Jan 2, 2016, 9:30 PM

Just bad matchups. With the exception of the Louisville game, none of the recent games have been competitive in the 4th quarter. I don't think the number of games has had an effect, just mad matchups.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic