Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn will be a tougher game than we think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Auburn will be a tougher game than we think

Apr 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

Auburn is the most up and down program in the country. I think they will have an up year and challenge in the SEC West. Baylor transfer Jarrett Stidham will be a big reason why.

https://youtu.be/d5EiTvyzOeQ

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Auburn will be a tougher game than we think

Apr 12, 2017, 11:41 AM

Who thinks it will not be tough??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 12:37 PM

Same folks that thought Auburn, FSU, Louisville, NC State, and Pitt wouldn't be tough

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 11:43 AM

They've had some big losses on the defensive side , and that new QB is talented but playing against our D in a road opener against the NC Clemson Tigers ?
I think it will be a fun day , or night .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

An average ACC QB could put up big numbers in the B1G

Apr 12, 2017, 11:52 AM

Stidham is good, but not God tier

How big of a step back does our offense take?

Apr 12, 2017, 11:43 AM

That is the question.

Personnel losses suggest we will not be as good of a running team, passing team and our QB will not be as good of a game manager.

It's going to be interesting and fun seeing how that plays out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 11:44 AM

There's a chance they're ranked ahead of us in preseason polls...all of the "too early" rankings are pretty down on Clemson.

I do believe Auburn will be very good, and Stidham is the real deal. That's going to be a very difficult game.

Yeah they will be tough and the game is a coin flip*****

Apr 12, 2017, 11:44 AM

Apr 12, 2017, 11:45 AM

Of course! That's why it's so important to be settled on the best qb to run the offense.

^ this

Apr 12, 2017, 11:48 AM

If we are running a 1 dimensional offense, they will beat us.

Re: ^ this

Apr 12, 2017, 12:04 PM

I agree. Running a one dimensional offense will make it tough against any good opponent. The wide receivers are there at Clemson to have an explosive passing game. We need a qb who can accurately get to them downfield.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn will be a tougher game than we think ]

Parrot is still squawking

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 12, 2017, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn will be a tougher game than we think ]

That's why we MUST get the word out to our coaching staff about selecting a QB. How can we help them with game planning if they won't tell us!

ya think??

Apr 12, 2017, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn will be a tougher game than we think ]

why don't you shoot dabo (the national champion hc) an email? if only he knew how to recruit qb's....this is his last yr unless one of these 4 or 5 stars take over. how's everything at usuck? the heels ripped you girls a new one last night

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: ya think??

Apr 12, 2017, 2:02 PM

We remember us starting Stoudt over Watson. The talent disparity between the two players was obvious.

Apr 12, 2017, 2:11 PM

Yawn squawking the same BS as usual.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 12, 2017, 2:12 PM

she tries sooo hard - ####, i'm even embarrassed for her

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 12, 2017, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: ya think?? ]

"we" - lol

too bad that don't make a pill that cures idiocy

they - freakin spellchk***

Apr 12, 2017, 2:15 PM

Apr 12, 2017, 11:54 AM

If it's going to be tougher than inthink, we might as well tell the boys to just go fishing that day, because I believe it will be a dogfight. They lost some talent amd experience on D, but their Offense should be a lot better. Besides having the first QB in years who has the job locked up and can complete a pass, they had a beast RB. But I like our D to keep us in the game and maybe create some breaks. Their D vs our O? I dunno how their depth looks. But at home, I like our chances in the end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While he looked good, U do know

Apr 12, 2017, 12:04 PM

that Auburn's spring game was the #1 O against the #2 D and the #1 D against the #2 O ?

Re: While he looked good, U do know

Apr 12, 2017, 12:07 PM

True, but you do recall he was a starter at Baylor right? Granted, kid was playing against Big 12 Defenses, but in a timing offense the kid is sharp. Can't teach accuracy but so much, and he has it. That said, I think our D Line can also disrupt his timing a lot, and maybe rattle him.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:12 PM

ESPN power rankings have Auburn 5th and Clemson 7th. Auburn will be a tough out as always and as others have said, we got to have a qb that can score but I think our D will get to the QB and neutralize a lot of his downfield threat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach V working up some stunts and blitz packages for sure.***

Apr 12, 2017, 12:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 12:20 PM

That kid looks great, no doubt, but he is not under any pressure. I wonder how ours would look without pressure? I suspect that he will not be as good against our D, and our QB will look better against theirs. Auburn lost the 3 best players from last year's D.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@DV, probably @night, 85k w/65k+ yelling for CU...

Apr 12, 2017, 12:28 PM

and the BEST DL in the country coming at him... Yea, he "might" get a little uneasy...

Auburn will be the 2nd toughest team we play behind FSU

Apr 12, 2017, 12:29 PM

Our offense worries me in this one.

Our offense had trouble there last year. Dropped passes and

Apr 12, 2017, 12:33 PM

other miscues did play a big part, however.

"Patience you must have my young padawan." - Yoda***

Apr 12, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Auburn will be the 2nd toughest team we play behind FSU ]

Stidham was good.....

Apr 12, 2017, 12:34 PM

in the Big 12, where defense is optional. He'll be wanting to pull a Bentley and take himself out of the game when they come to the real tigertown.

I doubt he'll have Daddy on the sidelines lobbying for him.

I DO think he'll get rattled....

Who in the world thinks Auburn will not be tough?

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 12:38 PM

It's a spring game where he had all day to throw. Sure they are talented but until they prove than can play consistent football I like our Tigers

you think?***

Apr 12, 2017, 1:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 12, 2017, 1:11 PM

I agree...they will be tough...BUT, let's not forget our D will be really good and it's at home. Also...they have a new OC because Rhett Lashlee went to UCONN to be their OC and took a pay-cut. If things were so great at Auburn...why would Lashlee leave for less money??? This game will be tough....but I like our chances at home.

Clelin's mouth is already watering...

Apr 12, 2017, 1:38 PM

I bet Jarrett is already having nightmares

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were wrong if you thought it was going to be easy***

Apr 12, 2017, 1:59 PM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic