Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC announces bowl lineup for 11 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC announces bowl lineup for 11 teams

Dec 2, 2018, 5:43 PM

ACC announces bowl lineup for 11 teams

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Clemson’s return to the College Football Playoff for the fourth consecutive year highlighted a Sunday in which the Atlantic Coas Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 and 7?

Dec 2, 2018, 6:14 PM

Maybe?

The majority of those matchups look awful.

~JKB

at least say "5 and 7?" don't forget our 2nd game***

Dec 2, 2018, 6:45 PM

Re: at least say "5 and 7?" don't forget our 2nd game***

Dec 2, 2018, 7:22 PM

I bet the Belk Bowl will sell a lot of tickets. What a thrill it will be for their devoted fan base to show off in a bowl close to home. Go Hoos!

Re: 4 and 7?

Dec 2, 2018, 6:47 PM [ in reply to 4 and 7? ]

3-8 is a real possibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is exactly what I was thinking

Dec 2, 2018, 7:03 PM [ in reply to 4 and 7? ]

And of all teams, the chickens look to have one of the easiest challenges. I was hoping they would draw Duke or Boston College.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 and 7?

Dec 2, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to 4 and 7? ]

That sounds about right. ACC has a lot of winning records but a down year IMO.
It's hard to pick the 2nd and 3rd best teams in our conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the Cuse was obviously 2nd best!***

Dec 2, 2018, 10:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the Cuse was obviously 2nd best!***

Dec 3, 2018, 12:50 AM

Yep, Cuse is who I was hoping the coots would've gotten matched up with in their bowl game. Cuse, or Nobowla!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Sun Bowl might set an all time attendance low***

Dec 2, 2018, 6:49 PM

Re: TNET: ACC announces bowl lineup for 11 teams

Dec 2, 2018, 7:50 PM

Time for the ACC teams to step up and win some out of conference games

11 teams- my predictions!

Dec 2, 2018, 8:16 PM

**Note: as you read this please remember, I am old enough to have seen many bowl seasons and have seen how some teams play far better than they ever did during the regular season. Depending on the coaching staff and school and what bowl often teams don't respond well to the lay off.

Memphis vs. Wake - wake could win depending on which side of this schizophrenic team shows up! Memphis is a better team and should win. I would not be shocked if Wake won though.

Boston College vs. Boise State - the physical bowl. Boise is not the same team they were years ago. I think BC takes them to school with just enough athleticism more in the secondary than BSU is use to. And a DE like none they have seen all year! BC wins!

Minnesota vs. Georgia Tech - Tech wins b/c "tiny-sort-of" is not very good. If Paw Johnson is going to be coaching his last game; the players will want to send him out the right way. The Gophers are fairly one dimensional and not explosive on offense which plays into Paw Johnson's hands!

Temple vs. Duke - Cutcliff will have the blue imps ready! Temple is run it, run it then play action off that. Cutcliff does work during bowl prep time; remember Johnny football having to pull rabbits out his back side to beat Duke that year? Duke wins!

Miami vs. Wisconsin - you have an run 1st offense versus a really good defense that has no support(Miami). The only thing is the game is in Yankee stadium and them dudes from South Florida will just want to stick by the heaters. Wisconsin wins b/c Miami is horrendous on offense.

West Virginia vs. Syracuse - this could be a very good match up. If Dungey and company show up and ball like they are capable; it will be close. If they don't bring the offense it could get ugly. I have a feeling this will be a good game. W. Virginia should win in a close one; but I wouldn't be shocked a bit if Cuse pulled it off.

SCAR vs. UVA - Bronco and the Cavs will out perform the chickens in Charlotte! I know the Cavs have not won many especially lately. But, at one point they were ranked. They play good solid defense and the QB can hurt you if given time. The chickens will be too worried about buying up all the Alabama gear they can find when they get to Charlotte. Cavs win in a close one!

Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech - Hokies and Fuentes just "can't get right"! Cincinnati wins this one big.

Stanford vs. Pittsburgh - the physical bowl. Outside of Arcega-Whiteside Stanford can be very predictable on offense. Even when Bryce Love was healthy; the non-existing passing game made opponents stack the box and force their QB's to beat them. They couldn't. Love couldn't run. Guess what: Pitt plays that style regardless of who they are playing and have CB's who are good at man coverage. I see Pitt winning this game believe it or not b/c The Cardinals style plays into what Pitt does best. Almost custom made for it.

N.C. State vs. Texas A & M - The Wolves will get a dose of Kellen Mond and Jimbo back in Florida here. Finley is a good QB and can cause a team headaches; but I see the Aggies taking this one.

Agree or disagree? Which ones would you change? All, LOL?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Wake, BC, Duke, GT and Miami

Dec 2, 2018, 8:48 PM

Could go either way. I think the other 5 ACC teams get blown out. Of course Clemson wins.

Dec 3, 2018, 4:02 PM

Attendance will be so low...

Syracuse/ West Virginia playing in Orlando

Pitt/Stanford playing in El Paso

Miami/Wisconsin playing in New York

Boston College/Boise State playing in Dallas

GA Tech/Minnesota playing in Detroit

Duke/Temple playing in Shreveport

Maybe there are too many bowl games????????

Dec 3, 2018, 4:07 PM

Terrible matchups all across the board.

Bowl games used to be about the destination.
Now it needs to be about proximity.

Miami playing outside in NY is a joke.
V-tech versus the coots would have brought in a huge crowd.

Syracuse playing WV in NY would have been nice to see.

Duke got hosed. I doubt even the players parents go.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:50 AM

These kids/players should refuse to go and be put on display like they are when they know their team actually sucks!!! Plus they face career ending injuries just so people who don't give a crap about them, do it to advertise their products!!!

Dec 3, 2018, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces bowl lineup for 11 teams ]

There are two many bowl games and even in years that had better bowls, I became burned out on them. Lots of players sit out to prepare for the NFL. Maybe they should turn some of the lower bowl games into closed scrimmages so the teams get the extra weeks of practice and to prepare for a scrimmage.

I am really surprised on how bad the New Years Six bowls are.

If it was up to me I would have gone:

Florida vs UCF
UGA vs Ohio State
Michigan vs LSU

Also, why not have Duke play the Coots instead of Virginia. I also would take Wake over the Cavs against the coots. Hopefully, UVA shows up.

All that really matter is us against Notre Dame :)

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces bowl lineup for 11 teams ]

There is to many bowl games, and I truly hope that these companies that are only in it for collecting the money from advertisement and not giving a crap about the product they Sponsor on the field, I hope they lose their AS$ES off, period!!! Team don't even have to be a respectable decent team to get into a bowl game these days, they just can't be the worst team against the very bad teams they play against, and that really sucks, and it's terrible for football and SPORTS in general!!! If the NCAA would give these sorry teams at least 80 to 85% of the practice time as they allows bowl teams to practice, it would most likely stop these schools from accepting these nothing bowl games, and save these schools the embarrassment from putting their sorry teams on display for the country to see just how awful they are!!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic