Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At BC is no cake walk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

At BC is no cake walk

Oct 13, 2014, 9:26 AM

They gave us a run for our money in DV last year. Cole and this O-Line better come ready to play! Hopefully we get all the mental errors, especially on play calling and short yardage fixed. BC loves to run the ball, ran it 57 times for over 300 yards this past weekend against NC ST. They play to control the time of possession, but I think our D will be up to the challenge. We just need our O to help them out some this week with some TD's. Hopefully practice this week will be having a new short yardage package installed....its got to happen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is our last challenge of the season other than SC IMO.

Oct 13, 2014, 9:28 AM

They have a graduate school on the OL and good running.

Re: This is our last challenge of the season other than SC IMO.

Oct 13, 2014, 9:30 AM

They always have a big O-line, they put a lot of lineman in the NFL. It will def come down to us stopping the run and keeping them from controlling the clock. They win by limiting the offensive possessions of the opposing team.

That's it...get 'em off the field.***

Oct 13, 2014, 9:31 AM

GT in Atlanta will be a tough one too IMO***

Oct 13, 2014, 9:33 AM [ in reply to This is our last challenge of the season other than SC IMO. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree...BC and GT are critical games. Of course, all the

Oct 13, 2014, 10:11 AM

games matter, but I think BC and GT are teams that, at home, could have solid games and just beat us. Wake, Syracuse in Death Valley, Ga State...if we can't beat them on execution and talent, then we deserve the final standing we get. But BC and GT on the road will be challenging.

null

the offense needs to sustain some drives and keep our

Oct 13, 2014, 9:31 AM

defense from getting exhausted. otherwise it could be a UGA-like 4th quarter. not saying BC has a back like gurley, just that the defense will get tired if TOP leans heavily in BC's favor. and the coaches better get that short yardage BS fixed. it's getting ridiculous.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Without the elite talent UGA had in the backfield, that 4th

Oct 13, 2014, 10:45 AM

Quarter would have never happened the way it did. Big, strong back who could fly made the difference.

That and the horrible job by our the offense special teams.

Did you miss the fact that UGA adjusted their defensive

Oct 13, 2014, 11:58 AM

Strategy against us? They brought pressure. Because they didn't think we could burn them on it. They were right. Shut us down. Hopefully we counter that now. Plus other teams have film on us now. Tendencies etc. UGa didn't have the film on cole. That's what coaches are for on both sides.

I can't tell what I said that you disagree with.

Oct 13, 2014, 4:35 PM

It looks like you're being a smart @ss in your subject line but then the point you made doesn't go against anything I said. Confusing.

This team reminds me a lot of Georgia, just without as

Oct 13, 2014, 10:21 AM

talented of RBs. We need Chad to actually not choke and go 3 and out 5 times in a row.

Y'all gotta get real

Oct 13, 2014, 10:38 AM

Not only is this not a cake walk but we should be underdogs. We had hardly any offensive output at home. Granted I'm hoping it was louisvilles defense that was the reason but I don't know. BC will be really tough to beat and Georgia tech will be another one that will be tough on the road. If we get down in those games I don't know if we mount any comebacks. We have make plays early. If you get down at Georgia tech they'll run out the clock. I'm hoping cole looks like a changed man on Saturday but if he keeps staring down where he's going with the ball you'll see some turnovers. Louisville missed on about 3 picks. It will be interesting. It's hard to expect our defense to be our scoring threat every game. Go tigers! I think if we can simplify this week and get some rhythm on offense we can do it. But please no long developing qb powers on 4th down or plays where cole is forced to throw long passes from the pocket. Those won't work. Sit down routes and quick outs should be our passing game and if we stretch the field cole needs to have plays that move him out of the pocket.

Just sayin if y'all think we should easily win this weekend...you better get ready. It will be a dog fight up there. Always is.

No way - sounds like Lou Holtz building up an opponent

Oct 13, 2014, 10:54 AM

BC has a nice team, but if Clemson plays anywhere close to our capabilities we win this pretty easily. Look, BC lost at home to Pitt! I'm not too worried.

My apologies for comparing you to Lou Holtz BTW!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way - sounds like Lou Holtz building up an opponent

Oct 13, 2014, 12:01 PM

I'm more worried about the offense sustaining drives and putting the ball in the endzone more than I am BC's running game. Our will be fine as long as they aren't being put on the field every 30 secs. Stoudt just has to take control and be the man! Plain and simple.

BC will be a tough game - it always is. I hope Cole is 100%

Oct 13, 2014, 12:17 PM

healed. and that some of our other injured players are healed. We will need a good game plan on offense. Cole can throw a nice ball --- we just need to call the right plays.

AND we need to take the snap from under center if we need 1 yard. Got that, Coach Morris?!?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BC will be a tough game - it always is. I hope Cole is 100%

Oct 13, 2014, 4:39 PM

It'd be nice to get Peake back in there too. Another big weapon would help a lot.

Re: At BC is no cake walk

Oct 13, 2014, 4:59 PM

I don't expect BC to have much success running up the middle so our OC will have to keep Clemson off balance with the play calling. If your LBs and DEs can contain Murphy, then it might be a long day for BC. As for BC's defense, the stats are decent, but I doubt any of the starters will see time in the NFL. It's not a talented bunch, even by BC standards, so Clemson should be able to move the ball if Stoudt can throw it effectively and your OC has scouted properly.

BC is still two to three years away from undoing the mess that Spaziani created and stocking the roster with proper talent. That being said, despite the ugly losses to Pitt and CSU, BC is playing better than I thought they would this year. BC can be tough to beat at home so I'm hoping for the best on Saturday. For those making the trip up, enjoy Boston!

Oct 13, 2014, 5:47 PM

I agree. and BC beat Southern Cal at BC already this year so we better be prepared.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2014, 5:50 PM

I like it that Stoudt gets his first start against Syracuse. A good chance for him to build his confidence up before some tougher defenses down the stretch.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic