Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This could happen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,083

This could happen

Aug 25, 2020, 9:14 AM

I've been thinking that OSU is going to find some way to get back in this thing.

They're going to look absolutely ridiculous doing it but I just have this feeling they're going to renig.

Can they even legally do this? Is it plausable? I sure hope not. I don't care about the athletes of OSU. Never have, never will.

I think they're going to announce two days before the season starts that they're in this thing. They've put on their big boy diapers and LETS GO! hahhahaha

All the woodyin, cheatin, urbanin, dayin, has finally come back to them.

If they have to watch us play this season, with all that talent on the sidelines, I have been blessed in a year that I thought was the worst of my life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This could happen

Aug 25, 2020, 9:24 AM

It would be fun to see, but not going to happen. Too many legal loopholes due to the conference contract, TV contracts, revenue sharing, etc. And then you have the issue of who would they play? I'd love to see the commissioner of the BIG put on his big girl panties and say that they're going to have the season after all - for example, after consulting with ACC, SEC and Big 12 conferences about their protocols and testing procedures. Nobody really cares about the Pac10, but the BIG has a lot of teams that are a major part of the national picture. It would be great to have them back on board, but this commish just doesn't really seem to know what he's doing. He's in WAY over his head on this one and has too much pride to back down.

Sounds good

Aug 25, 2020, 9:30 AM

My glass is normally half empty so I look at this as a situation to capitalize from.

RECRUITING

OSU has beaten us out on a few guys from our region and seem to have a pretty good hold on PA and TX recently.

This will hopefully change that. How can I go recruit a highly sought after athlete right now to come SIT at OSU for a year.

** Also when an action is so easily done, so early without facts, it makes you wonder if that institution doesn't blow whichever way the wind blows.

and all bias aside if you don't have the wisdom to see the danger in joining a program like that, i'm sorry.

While the angst of OSU is comforting on some level, you kind

Aug 25, 2020, 9:28 AM

of have to feel for kids like Fields. He survives Kirby Smart, switches schools and, like Gumby, finally is a Star, Dammitt! And then, this crap happens, and he is stuck in the stall again, like a racehorse relegated to the paddock on Kentucky Derby day. Can't really blame them for trying to move Heaven and Earth to get to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a competitor I like justin fields

Aug 25, 2020, 9:31 AM

as a person, I think theres a lot about this guy we don't know yet, attitude-wise.

They've still gotta find people to play against if they want

Aug 25, 2020, 9:50 AM

in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who they gonna play?***

Aug 25, 2020, 9:56 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 9:56 AM

The proper term is renege.

Aug 25, 2020, 10:03 AM

I don’t see it happening at this point. Their goose is cooked. I actually hate it for their players, and hold no ill will towards them even though they picked such a trashy school- and would have loved the opportunity to beat them AGAIN. I will however admit that a part of me does feel a bit of malevolent joy watching their terrible fan base and coach suffer. I try not to wish ill upon anyone, but there is no fan base or coach more deserving than bucknuts and Day after their God awful display of sportsmanship last year... my disdain for them exceeds the coots currently. Also never thought I could dislike a coach more than Urban.. and then there was Day...

Aug 25, 2020, 10:37 AM

I would not feel bad about telling The Citadel, "catchya later" and playing OSU in Death Valley on that date. :)

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,083
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic