Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we gonna have room to take many 2017 DBs now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Are we gonna have room to take many 2017 DBs now?

Feb 4, 2016, 9:33 AM

This year we lost 3 Safeties (4 if you stretch and count Blanks in the position group) and 1 CB. We replace them with 5 guys. Safeties with 3 guys in Turner, Simmons, and Wallace (who Dabo says can play Corner, Safety or Nickel/SAM) and the CB with 2 guys in Mullen and Dawkins.

Next year, we only lose 2 guys in the secondary (J. Johnson and Tankersley), which is just 1 Safety and 1 CB. Maybe another spot opens up due to attrition, but I'm just not seeing spots available. Right now it looks like we'll only have room for maybe 2 Safeties and 1 CB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we gonna have room to take many 2017 DBs now?

Feb 4, 2016, 9:34 AM

nope from now on we are only going to recruit kickers

Feb 4, 2016, 9:45 AM

Hmm in that case we will have 85 walk-ons!

Feb 4, 2016, 9:47 AM

We had just as good of class as FSU. They have 3 more players then us and the Turners, Dawkins, and Stewart kind of hurt our rating. People keep forgetting we have 3 five stars already on campus.

I hope so....

Feb 4, 2016, 9:35 AM

can't have FSU having a better recruiting class than us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's only 3 types of people in this world. The ones that are good at

Feb 4, 2016, 9:37 AM

Math and the ones that arnt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

we will take two corners

Feb 4, 2016, 9:46 AM

But the rule is at least one has to be a legacy on scholly so that Tigernet has something to argue about. Pretty sure we just need one elite corner which it sounds like we have in Jaymest. Then one elite safety. Quality over quantity at this point. 1 5 star who lives up to they hype is better than 5 3 stars.

Re: there's only 3 types of people in this world. The ones that are good at

Feb 4, 2016, 9:48 AM [ in reply to there's only 3 types of people in this world. The ones that are good at ]

And 2 + 2 + 5!

we are after some awesome DBs

I doubt we will turn them away. This 2017 class is loaded with elite DBs

Poole III
Jaymest Williams
LeAnthony Williams
Davondre (Tank) Robinson
Deangelo Gibbs
Deon Jones

I'm pretty sure all these guys are on our board. I don't know how many we take but I would take any of them especially Tank

Re: we are after some awesome DBs

Feb 4, 2016, 10:00 AM

Baker, Tank and Johnson are seniors...Wiggins could leave if he's on track to graduate, which he probably is. He has two years of eligibility left, though, so. That makes three or four and the group being targeted already is pretty rich...with one possibly committing quite soon, apparently.

You don't get the sense recruits will want to wait too long if they can commit early...they might lose their slot.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think so, but don't we have two new scholarships opening

up with the guy transferring and IF Hopper leaves? I'm not wishing Hopper to leave BTW I'm just thinking ahead. I think he is tremendously capable and has a lot of life stressors that an average college student doesn't have. If he never played another snap and got his degree, then at least he bettered himself while he was here (I do hope he gets a degree out of it). Otherwise, if he can balance, I would love to see him have a breakout year. I really do think he still has that deep down inside. He's just getting passed along the way. Anyways, purpose of this is to say we may have another couple of spots open up. Hope it's not our heavy hitters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2016, 10:04 AM

We lost 5. Mac, Krause, green, Gibson, blanks. We replaced them with 5.
Next year we lose Jadar, Tank (likely) and Wiggins.
Replace with jaymest, Deon jones, and leanthony. Maybe add in Devon Hunter (athlete but plays qb)

Sounds like it all adds up.

Feb 4, 2016, 10:05 AM

Edit: tank leaves and so does baker. Didn't add a year.

So yes it all adds up.

Both Wiggins and Baker will be Redshirt Juniors next year

Feb 4, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we gonna have room to take many 2017 DBs now? ]

Don't forget that Wiggins is taking a Medical Redshirt this year even though he's a Junior. Baker would have to make a huge jump from a tackling and strength standpoint next year to make himself eligible for the draft. With him being a bit of a liability in run support, I'm not sure he can hold off Fields next year for Mack's spot. If Wiggins can show he's 100% from the knee injury, he might test NFL waters. He has an NFL brain, but I'm not sure if he has enough NFL athleticism. If both guys are on schedule to graduate, I suppose they could move on next year even if they have 1 more year of eligibility.

We will sign the #1 player in SC Tank Robinson(safety) 2017

Feb 4, 2016, 10:11 AM

nm

If Wiggins is fully recovered,

Feb 4, 2016, 10:14 AM

look for him to blow up next year at whichever position he plays and possibly leave early.Kid's a baller.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic