Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think Chad Morris...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Anyone else think Chad Morris...

Aug 27, 2013, 9:41 AM

May throw a deep ball on one of Clemson's first offensive plays of the year? I think he may do it to catch Georgia off-guard, score quick (that is considering it works), and pump tons of energy into Death Valley.

What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Quick screen. Deep ball comes after 1 1st down...

Aug 27, 2013, 9:46 AM

unless we take the kickoff inside the 40.

I still highly doubt we throw deep ball on 1st pass. He likes Boyd to complete the 1st one.

Re: Quick screen. Deep ball comes after 1 1st down...

Aug 27, 2013, 9:48 AM

Well I wasn't necessarily saying on the first pass. I doubt that is the case. I said on "one of the first offensive plays".

So yeah, I could see it coming right after our first 1st down.

null

No doubt he'll take a shot when we get to the 40.***

Aug 27, 2013, 9:58 AM

barf***

Aug 27, 2013, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Quick screen. Deep ball comes after 1 1st down... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else think Chad Morris...

Aug 27, 2013, 9:49 AM

Not sure, maybe he makes that decision after he sees how the guys warm up and sees exactly how nervous or calm everybody's going to be. The Chad has a plan for any and every situation, that you can rely on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2013, 9:49 AM

If Georgia plays with six DB's as has been discussed, I expect to see a lot of Hot Rod.

yes...within the first 4 plays.***

Aug 27, 2013, 9:50 AM

I think all Clemson has to do to get the crowd riled is...

Aug 27, 2013, 9:50 AM

run down the hill. This crowd won't have to be turned on and they can't be turned down. I think running the ball will turn them up higher and higher. Then when they can't get any louder throw the bomb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think all Clemson has to do to get the crowd riled is...

Aug 27, 2013, 9:52 AM

Well, that is certainly true, DV will be electric from the get-go. But throwing a long TD pass on the first drive of the game would immediately turn the game from electric to absolute insanity.

null

Aug 27, 2013, 10:09 AM

If he throws a deep ball early, then he'd better throw it to Bryant. Boyd usually throws way high for his early throws. Too much adrenalin I guess. Bryant can climb the ladder and get those throws. In fact, Boyd should throw his first 5-6 passes to Bryant.

He has set up plays to run first.***

Aug 27, 2013, 10:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I just hope he coaches like he usually does, and not like he

Aug 27, 2013, 10:20 AM

does against scar. His play calling against the coots has been un-Chadlike the last two years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their defense forces that. They are the best defense we

Aug 27, 2013, 11:55 AM

will face this year. They were last year too. Personally, my plan for USC would be lots of screens and runs to the outside. I know that's short ball, and un-chad-like, but IF we could scrape up just enough yards doing that to keep driving, the speed of our offense would wear them down and allow the pass to open up by giving Tajh more time by late 3rd quarter. In other words, forget pocket passing the first 3 quarters for the most part. Roll Tajh out, toss some screens, punish the edges,and make them work. If we can keep driving and do that (somehow), that would open up the long passes by the 4th quarter. Even if we were down by a TD or 2 starting the 4th, IF we played that scheme we could easily make that up in the last 10 minutes of the game.

That's how I would approach the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2013, 10:48 AM

It will be a handoff to HotRod.

Nope. He likes that on 2nd down around the 35 yard line.***

Aug 27, 2013, 11:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

If I were him I would give the ball to Hot Rod

Aug 27, 2013, 11:48 AM

early and often. They are going to come out expecting just what you're suggesting, leaving the inside run open....perhaps long enough for them to adjust. I predict most (if not all) runs until they are stopped, then a bomb pass. But I predict we start with two runs up the middle from a spread formation. THEN a long pass.

Just my $0.02

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A la FSU? Maybe

Aug 27, 2013, 12:24 PM

I think we have a long, methodical TD drive first, then hit em with the deep ball the second possession

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic