Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody watch ancient aliens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Anybody watch ancient aliens

Jun 30, 2017, 2:34 PM

I watch it every so often. I dont believe in everything they say but when it comes to all of these megalithic monuments built around the world thousands of years ago and the theories on how they were built is what catches my interest. My only problem with the show is that they blame everything on aliens. Imo, i think it was advanced civilizations that existed way before us that built these structures, not aliens. Regardless, i know alot of people laugh at the show but there's actually alot we can learn from some of the episodes, you just have to watch it with an open mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a big fan

Jun 30, 2017, 2:36 PM

It's very thought provoking and gets you to think outside the box. I think most of the ancient megalithic structures are a lot older than we think they are

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a big fan

Jun 30, 2017, 3:12 PM

I agree. Most archeologists are now accepting the fact that these structures are much older, like thousands of years older than what we were taught in school

Exactly

Jun 30, 2017, 3:36 PM

Tens of thousands of years. Truly fascinating. Think about what lies in the unexplored depths of the oceans too...

Unfortunately, we may never know for sure. As MF DOOM would say, "the more you know, the more you know that you don't know $hit"

I think Socrates said the same thing***

Jul 1, 2017, 10:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Every Friday night for the back to back to back shows.

Jun 30, 2017, 3:03 PM
9189283.jpg(99.5 K)

I don't care who they blame it on, that stuff is intriguing nonetheless.

Message was edited by: classof1994®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Anybody watch ancient aliens

Jun 30, 2017, 3:08 PM

Aestivation Hypothesis .

They like it cold .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 30, 2017, 3:17 PM

I watch all shows such as that one. Beats the heck out of these 'entertaining' shows that are so popular.

Were it not for the science and history shows and educational tv I wouldn't need a set! I have never understood why people became so interested in Seinfeld and similar programs. I confess however that I have been a Kelly Bundy fan for years so I'm hooked too! Ginger or Mary Anne?

Many of the sports shows are not that entertaining anymore. Love them Tigers though

I've watched that show a couple of times

Jun 30, 2017, 4:02 PM

and they seem to have some intriguing points. However, I just can't get past that guys hair.

Why is it that many who propose alien theories have to look so odd?

Hard to take them seriously.

Re: I've watched that show a couple of times

Jul 1, 2017, 3:34 PM

I agree, some of the people they frequently have on the show are hard to listen to. For example the guy who always says something along the lines of "was this some kyyyyind of ancient alien technology?" lol. But they do have some really good guests like Graham Hancock or some of the engineers, professors, and archeologists. You just have to kind of ignore some of the people on there and just watch it with an open mind

Jun 30, 2017, 6:55 PM

Love that show! It really makes you think and some of the alien stuff is dang cool! ??

One of my favorite scenes from the show

Jun 30, 2017, 10:37 PM

And its actually kinda scary. Just watch the first 2 min or so
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zS7Adv3DFXg

"Documentary" lol***

Jul 1, 2017, 10:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2017, 10:46 PM

They were created by the nephilim described about in the bible & book of enoch, jubilees and jasher.

One of my favorite shows.

Jun 30, 2017, 11:26 PM

Some of the episodes are very intriguing. Good show but the only qualm I have with it is, that as a Christian, I believe in God and Christ and the miracles in the Bible. The show basically implies all unexplained Bible phenomena is from aliens and not God, which I don't agree with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of my favorite shows.

Jul 1, 2017, 7:42 AM

And there in lies the intrigue of all 'this factual history!

Jul 1, 2017, 9:21 PM [ in reply to One of my favorite shows. ]

> Some of the episodes are very intriguing. Good show
> but the only qualm I have with it is, that as a
> Christian, I believe in God and Christ and the
> miracles in the Bible. The show basically implies all
> unexplained Bible phenomena is from aliens and not
> God, which I don't agree with.

Not necessarily. Jesus said, I have children in many lands. Point to ponder. :)

Life on Mars confirmed.***

Jul 1, 2017, 10:48 PM

Jul 3, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: One of my favorite shows. ]

Not only that, how could G-d create Earth, if it didn't exist? He had to come from somewhere...else. One of the 'many lands'? Lastly, seven days....seven days! That's a lot of Creation in a short time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do we know if those are...

Jul 3, 2017, 4:16 PM

Earth "days"? Maybe they are "God days"...every "God day" could be equal to 100 billion Earth years for all we know. When God says "wow hun, I had a hellva long day in the office" you know it was a doozy!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do we know if those are...

Jul 3, 2017, 8:08 PM

I wrote 7...didn't specify the 'orbit'. ;)

Jul 1, 2017, 10:19 AM

I love that show. My wife makes fun of me, but I'll take it over reality TV any day.

Fun to watch but..

Jul 1, 2017, 11:33 AM

a lot of their "historical facts" are really BS from pseudo-archeologists and real archeologists love to make fun of it. But it has given my wife and I one of our favorite phrases to describe hokum, "ancient alien theorists say.."! It gets repeated in my house frequently with a teenager.

Most important rule of archaeology: X never marks the spot.***

Jul 1, 2017, 10:47 PM

Ponder this...the "aliens" are actually....

Jul 1, 2017, 4:33 PM

1. A different species from another planet, galaxy who travel great distances...
2. Humans from the future, evolved and time traveling...
3. A different species that lives either in the inner Earth or under the oceans...
4. A species from another dimension that overlaps our our time-space...
5. The "gods" but are really a very advanced ancient race and possibly created the human species from a cross breed between an indigenous Earth creature and their own DNA.

I've always wondered why monkey/ape species seem to be more complex in the sense they have more chromosome pairs than humans. How could be have evolved from monkeys. I think macro evolution is junk science because it doesn't explain much and theirs no proof concerning macro evolution as being real.

I've always wondered why humans per our size/weight are easily the weakest physical species as compare to just about every living creature on earth from insects to mammals. An ant can carry so much more weight and a monkey will rip you apart with their strength.

What's been fascinating is how 'creationism' is now back

Jul 3, 2017, 2:24 PM

on the table via the whole 'make man in his image' sort of thing. I mean, Genesis itself now boasts the first DNA cloning example with the whole rib story.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting that this ancient symbol looks like...

Jul 3, 2017, 2:31 PM

...DNA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus_as_a_symbol_of_medicine

Jul 1, 2017, 4:35 PM

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Jul 1, 2017, 5:07 PM

Very interesting show but does anyone else get tired of hearing the phrase "as some ancient astronaut theorists believe" every five minutes?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

### is an "ancient astronaut theorist?"***

Jul 1, 2017, 10:46 PM

an idiot that makes up stuff to sell a story***

Jul 3, 2017, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope I cannot handle it.

Jul 1, 2017, 8:49 PM

Many of the actors that possess to have knowledge just appear so desperate and untrustworthy I can't take it. I enjoy unexplained issues and trying to discover the truth but these guys get under my skin. I swear I think one of the guys is trying to change his accent to match the other guys who is so obnoxious. And that is based on just landing on a channel for a couple of seconds as I flip to Netflix for some Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad or even Star Trek which doesn't pose as reality.

Cold case files is more my speed as I don't watch any of the "reality" TV and haven't watched much of a sitcom since MASH.

To each his own though.

Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: clawpaw®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 10:45 PM

Are you kidding?

Jul 3, 2017, 2:15 PM

If you fact check the show a lot of it is highly exaggerated our outright false but it does point out a lot of interesting topics. I don't believe in the alien theory but I do believe modern humans and advance civilizations have been around way longer than 10,000 or so years that they teach in school. There are too many coincidences between ancient societies that supposedly had no contact with each fye pyramid building across the globe. The show is actually the main thing that helped me think for myself as I was transitioning from being forced to go to church with my parents my entire life to college where I started watching the show when it came out. The show actually makes more sense than most things written in the bible. Most of the carp that happened in the bible is just natural phenomenon that is explained by people who had no clue what the heck was going on.

I believe everything in the Bible is true....

Jul 3, 2017, 2:38 PM

...it's the dumbed down cartoon version so humans could being to understand a story. Think about it being the story you'd tell a three year old who doesn't have comprehension skills. Then there are all the other numerous books that didn't make the final cut of the Bible because our little minds can not handle it.

Re: I believe everything in the Bible is true....

Jul 3, 2017, 11:26 PM

Once worked with cat from Bob Jones University. That was very enlightening. Did u know all the dinosaur bones were placed there during the creation?

He wasn't sure if Bigfoot was in the bible.

I mean we can't even comprehend the size of the universe. There is a good probability that things aren't at all like we think they are.

Dat natty doe!!

Jul 3, 2017, 9:39 PM

Took me 3 days to click on this post. I'm not into aliens and UFOs. Now you've got me interested.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too much liberal and far left wing sub-text on that show

Jul 3, 2017, 11:33 PM

I dont like these folks pushing their progressive ideals on me.

: Too much liberal and far left wing sub-text on that show

Jul 4, 2017, 1:31 AM

I dont think they are necessarily pushing their ideals on you, just trying to teach you what they've studied for years. Like i said in the original post, i dont believe in everything they put out on the show but they're definitely some things they talk about that will raise your eyebrow. Do some of your own research on what they say (like i have for years) and come up with your own conclusion. But no matter what, these megalithic structures built thousands of years ago need to be researched more because if you study the way they were built and how the ancient people of that time were telling us it was built it makes you think.....alot. Take some time to read about how the pyramids of giza, Puma punku, Aztec lines, Gobleki tepe, derinkuyu, Easter island, Stone henge and many more were built and it will make you wonder if what we were taught in school was true. Many mysteries among this subject that needs more research

go see a therapist, every thing in life isn't about your political views...

Jul 4, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Too much liberal and far left wing sub-text on that show ]

Don't care for the show but there ain't nothing bout politics on it

Jul 4, 2017, 1:53 AM

There is a book that was written about ancient advanced civilisations and their amazing ability to design and construct without machines. Some folks found the premise too hard to believe, so they began to build the case for alien visitors. The book is as old as the civilizations...

Jul 4, 2017, 1:41 PM

The precision rock cutting is what gets me. Pretty precise cuts, like as if they were on a Gantry CNC Mill with Diamond Face Mills or something.

I watched the one involving the chicken mutilations

Jul 4, 2017, 2:19 PM

from 5607 BC.

Re: I watched the one involving the chicken mutilations

Jul 4, 2017, 2:25 PM

Chickens...5600 BC...(before Coots?). That's one creature that hasn't evolved. ;)

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic