Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in

Mar 16, 2021, 1:01 PM

Harcombe in 78/79 after we almost broke my parents paying for two kids in college.

I loved the breakfast shift, getting those fresh cinnamon donuts.

Shiletter was the much better chick scene though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We used to say, "Eat now and Schilletter".***

Mar 16, 2021, 1:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in

Mar 16, 2021, 1:13 PM

Worked Harcombe around'73? Eating good! Everybody knew Rose. Saw some epic food fights and listening to Bill Withers on the jukebox. Ain't no sunshine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I miss that Shiletter breakfast....

Mar 16, 2021, 1:15 PM

Eggs, cheese grits, biscuits, bacon, ice cold chocolate milk and the metabolism to eat a lot of that every morning!

Oops...meant to be under OP***

Mar 16, 2021, 1:16 PM

Oddly, 15 years later Rose was still there slinging

Mar 16, 2021, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in ]

hamburgers, there were forks and pencils stuck in the ceiling, and Bill Withers was till playing at about the same time every day on the music they played.

I had lunch in Harcombe about 5 years ago and it's like a completely different world. The food was actually pretty good. I'd gain 50 pounds if I lived there now.

Rose and Elnora.***

Mar 16, 2021, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in ]

Miss Rose worked the sandwich/hamburger line when I was in

Mar 16, 2021, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in ]

school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D4 vs E6 on

Mar 16, 2021, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Any other Harcombe or Shiletter alums here? I worked in ]

Swedish meatball night. It was Animal House Epic.

Was the really awesome omelet lady that

Mar 16, 2021, 1:19 PM

looked like the Junk Yard Dog already there?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were no omelets when I was there.***

Mar 16, 2021, 1:44 PM

Her name was Iola

Mar 16, 2021, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Was the really awesome omelet lady that ]

put some respect on her name.

I compared her to the JYD. Da fugg else you want?***

Mar 16, 2021, 2:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My fave writing on a bathroom stall was in the Cooper Lib.

Mar 16, 2021, 1:23 PM

"Flush twice. It's uphill to Schlitter"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Harcombe alum here. Wife ate the ####### food.

Mar 16, 2021, 2:00 PM

Harcombe was better. At the time. Broke was what my parents were when I discovered much better food off campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

used to go to Clemson house for a special meal

Mar 16, 2021, 2:29 PM

those burgers they fished out of the grease to get warmed up were excellent

I cried the day they got rid of the canteen and those old ladies working back there, there was nothing like sausage egg cheese on toast sandwiches

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Those canteen egg sammies of any variety

Mar 16, 2021, 2:59 PM

were the awesome

The ladies were like everyone’s grandma

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

the canteen, Chanelos & Study Hall saved us all back then...***

Mar 16, 2021, 3:02 PM [ in reply to used to go to Clemson house for a special meal ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

25 cent cheeseburger at Hardees and 4 tacos for $1 at

Mar 16, 2021, 3:38 PM

Taco Tico or whatever that place was called.

Chanelos was definitely the best, but loved Sourdough Deli also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was operating in '02ish and Lonnie was up there serving

Mar 16, 2021, 3:09 PM [ in reply to used to go to Clemson house for a special meal ]

He was a nice man with a terrible growth on his upper gum. He did not let that stop him from hitting on a friend of my wife who was a rallycat or something like that. She always got hit on by Lonnie.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken 90 walking.***

Mar 16, 2021, 3:29 PM [ in reply to used to go to Clemson house for a special meal ]

never worked there, but shot acorns from a wrist rocket from

Mar 16, 2021, 2:42 PM

the window at 202 Norris Hall, trying to nail fat chicks in the butt as they waddled up the steps to Harcombe. Yeah I know, I should probably be ashamed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"mystery meat" and "chit under a shingle" were staple items

Mar 16, 2021, 2:48 PM

in the 70s... wouldn't have survived without Chanelos and Study Hall. And pulling the old dine-and-dash at the chain steakhouse, I think it was a Western Sizzler.

They had a Hungry Bull Steakhouse:

Mar 16, 2021, 3:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0utEhJQcN0

Harcombe was closed for a bit for renovations

Mar 16, 2021, 3:07 PM

The Fernow street cafe accepted meal plans

Personal pizzas and cheeseburgers is what I remember

We’d fill a backpack with burgers and eat off of them for a couple of days to save the meals on the meal plan

I can’t remember the exact scam, but we’d have our parents pay for the full blown meal plan. Then we’d change it to the limited plan and get cash back or something. So everyone was trying to save those limited options and we’d have beer money and lots of food

I was Harcombe Man for halloween one year. I just had trays

Mar 16, 2021, 3:07 PM

and plates and forks and salad tongs and serving spoons duct taped all over me. Won $100 for best costume @ Underground.

also remember that my roommate always went to Schiletter

Mar 16, 2021, 3:22 PM

for breakfast on weekends, I always slept in. He came back in the room that morning and woke me up, because a kid had taken a swan dive off Martin Hall. He just stumbled across the scene.

Was that in the Fall of 75? I moved in with a friend on A-8

Mar 16, 2021, 3:35 PM

whose roommate from Irmo killed himself at Clemson.

The smell of fried chicken on campus from Shiletter was

Mar 16, 2021, 3:39 PM

horrible for some reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic