Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any one on here that was at Clemson in the 90's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Any one on here that was at Clemson in the 90's

Apr 15, 2016, 7:39 AM

I was there 91-99 and the only protest I recall is when a group of students were protesting the broken waffle maker in harcombe.

Stressful times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Any one on here that was at Clemson in the 90's

Apr 15, 2016, 7:58 AM

there was one when Danny Ford was let go. pretty small, pretty short lived.

In the late '80s, a group of students removed copies of "The Tiger" from the morning drop points as a protest aginst what they percieved as a bias againt black students. That triggered conversations about free speech etc. I don't remember if anything substantive came of it, but that is just what college kids do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember a mob outside the president's house after Danny

Apr 15, 2016, 8:02 AM

Ford was fired, but don't recall any other protests.

But then again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was there from '89 to '94 and yes I remember the 'vigil'

Apr 15, 2016, 10:59 AM

at the President's mansion after Ford was railroaded. Also remember being at the stadium when Bobby Robinson (a.k.a. Bobby Slobinsome) introduced Hatfield as Ford's replacement.

Trying times...

Re: Was there from '89 to '94 and yes I remember the 'vigil'

Apr 15, 2016, 11:02 AM

Correction, the AD was Slobby Bobinsome.

Ah, Kenny Hatfield... The father of the forgotten years

Apr 15, 2016, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Was there from '89 to '94 and yes I remember the 'vigil' ]

of Clemson Football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ah, Kenny Hatfield... The father of the forgotten years

Apr 15, 2016, 11:04 AM

But he was a good Christian man!

Howard Built it, Ford Filled it, Hatfield Killed it.***

Apr 15, 2016, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Ah, Kenny Hatfield... The father of the forgotten years ]

Only mass aZZembly during my 4 yrs was for

Apr 15, 2016, 8:04 AM

STREAKING

You were at Clemson how long? How many PhDs do you have?***

Apr 15, 2016, 8:12 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Phd in drinking count?

Apr 15, 2016, 8:58 AM

In fairness I had to take off on 2 occasions to work to pay for school. An entire year one and 1 spring/summer another.

Also Had to drop to part time twice.

They don't offer poor white trash scholarships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Hey I'm not judging, in fact I probably have the jelly

Apr 15, 2016, 9:04 AM

I don't know why I was in such a rush to graduate. 9 years in Clemson would've been the awesome.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I was Clemson in the 90's.

Apr 15, 2016, 8:15 AM

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Does the Daniel Square Riot count?***

Apr 15, 2016, 8:29 AM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yes. That riot was dangerous. I don't know how

Apr 15, 2016, 9:01 AM

It didn't make national news.

Re: Does the Daniel Square Riot count?***

Apr 15, 2016, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Does the Daniel Square Riot count?*** ]

Are you talking about the massive beer truck party on FSU weekend?

No...

Apr 15, 2016, 10:03 AM

It was after the 1998 spring game, I believe. Massive block party turned into a riot when police tried to shut it down. Someone got footage of police retreating as a hail of beer bottles rained down on them.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: No...

Apr 15, 2016, 10:54 AM

Ha! Sounds a lot like the party I (and roommates) threw for FSU game in 92 or 93. We started with a beer truck and 10 kegs. Then I went for 7 more and then 7 more. We still ran out before midnight. Over 1000 people paid for a stamp and there was probably another 1000 there. When we ran out, people started rocking the truck like they were trying to tip it over. My idiot psychogirl roommate climbed on top of it, screaming at them to stop. Both Clemson PDs, SLED, and the fire department came out to shut it down. There were definitely some bottles and cans thrown, but not quite a riot. We didn't even get in trouble, which still amazes me. Worst thing to come out of it was i got a slashed tire and someone keyed my truck.

Re: Throw us your panties

Apr 15, 2016, 8:53 AM

at the girls in the high rise in the 60's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The downtown ventures after the panty raids were

Apr 15, 2016, 8:57 AM

entertaining.

Imagine driving along the street while swerving to miss flaming trash barrels rolling toward you! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who could drive?????

Apr 15, 2016, 9:46 AM

it took 45 minutes to walk to your hidden parking space off campus.

I do remember when NCState came in for the game and a red volkswagen ended up inside the Clemson Theater Lobby, courtesy of about 20 undergraduates....and the State fan inside it thought it was hilarious.

Re: Throw us your panties

Apr 15, 2016, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Throw us your panties ]

That's the week-end Manning Lomax got "pooled" in front of the RFC Library, right?????

BTW, I was at Clemson in the 90's......paying tuition for you-know-who....

Anyone wanting a view of unrest on the campus should read

Apr 15, 2016, 8:55 AM

items from Clemson's earliest days, for the cadets at times were notoriously flagrant in violating campus rules and regulations.

Some of those protests led to student dismissals, including a mass expulsion from an incident in Pendleton.

There were vigorous complaints about professors, the mess hall, guard duty and off-campus freedom.

Interesting, considering the all-male, military structure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any one on here that was at Clemson in the 90's

Apr 15, 2016, 11:35 AM

The economy was pretty good and people pretty united when Clinton was in office. I was a lad back then. I, too, long for the pre-Tea Party days of political discourse.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic