Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another ode to the politically homeless
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,388

Another ode to the politically homeless

Mar 5, 2021, 7:32 AM

There's a lot of us out there.

Hang in there, brothers.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/04/republicans-democrats-politics-homeless

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another ode to the politically homeless

Mar 5, 2021, 8:24 AM

You know, if you guys got involved with the Democratic Party, you could be part of pulling them back towards the middle - sort a Joe Manchin. We would listen to your rational arguments.

Mar 5, 2021, 1:23 PM

Toby, you're fine. I like you and your kind, the Big Idea Liberals. I can talk to you guys all day long. I love Robert Reich's videos, even agree with most of 'em.

The SJW's, though, they're a different breed...and those, I tend to end up in heated arguments with. I had a Berkeley lesbian throw a baseball bat at my head once. SJW's and myself do not get along, any more than I get along with T3 and his Fascist ilk. I Trigger them. Often on purpose. People who are stridently militant and utterly certain about everything kind of...irritate me. So I tend to irritate them back.

I will never be a Democrat. And I will certainly never be any kind of liberal. Best give up that idea now; I'm a lost cause, there. And I have noticed they do not tend to welcome my "rational" arguments. I tend to feel like I'm playing Lucifer. ;)

Mar 5, 2021, 6:16 PM

Quo

Well, we are the worse for it.

Mar 6, 2021, 12:23 PM

Appreciate the sentiment, but you don't want me, I promise. I'm grumpy. And not housebroken. I gnaw on the furniture. I make problems.

My root instinct is basically Libertarian. I'm pretty liberal, socially, and pretty conservative, fiscally. I generally think the best government is the one closest to you and I'm a big believer in free markets...it's just interesting, say, how much of Robert Reich's seeming populism actually is about striking down crony capitalism...it's like: I know Reich is a former dyed-in-the-wool Dem labor Secretary now teaching at Berkeley, but are we sure he's actually not sort of injecting free-market ideals into the hippie subculture there without them realizing it? Because it sort of seems like it.

So I like a lot of liberal ideals. I think a lot of liberal goals are great and noble goals. I just don't necessarily always agree with liberal math, if you follow.

Mar 5, 2021, 11:15 AM

homeless is the ultimate freedom

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Urban outdoorsmen***

Mar 5, 2021, 11:35 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Another ode to the politically homeless ]

That made me a little woozy

Mar 5, 2021, 12:29 PM

Oh have you not gotten the memo? If you support fiscal responsibility, cutting taxes and cutting discretionary spending, welfare reform, reasonable legal immigration reform, strong national security, no foreign wars, strengthening the US trade position, supporting public funding for medical and scientific breakthroughs that keep us at the technological forefront, putting restraints on legal abortions, keeping the government out of healthcare...

If you support all of those positions, but don’t get down with Trump, anti-intellectualism, conspiracy theories, white victimhood, religious zealotry nonsense, then you’re not a conservative! You’re a RINO, or worse!

The 100% loyalty test, dealing in absolutes stuff that Trump brought with him has pushed huge swaths of people away from voting for Republicans in national elections.

I think those people will still vote Republican in the future,

Mar 5, 2021, 12:36 PM

just not when he or one of his disciples is on the ticket. Shoot even as an independent, I would have voted Republican last election given the alternative, except I sure wasn’t going to vote for Trump. So once his views are no longer on the ticket, I think those people will vote Republican again.

Mar 5, 2021, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Another ode to the politically homeless ]

The problem is if you agree with half the list of ideas you listed, it disqualifies most Democrats.

Hence the issue***

Mar 5, 2021, 1:01 PM

Mar 5, 2021, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Another ode to the politically homeless ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpynriyqD8&ab_channel=MrPeca0069

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbErkUE3Az0&t=25s&ab_channel=NatBishop

Mar 6, 2021, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Another ode to the politically homeless ]

Oh have you not gotten the memo? If you support fiscal responsibility, cutting taxes and cutting discretionary spending, welfare reform, reasonable legal immigration reform, strong national security, no foreign wars, strengthening the US trade position, supporting public funding for medical and scientific breakthroughs that keep us at the technological forefront, putting restraints on legal abortions, keeping the government out of healthcare...

If you support all of those positions, but don’t get down with Trump, anti-intellectualism, conspiracy theories, white victimhood, religious zealotry nonsense, then you’re not a conservative! You’re a RINO, or worse!

The 100% loyalty test, dealing in absolutes stuff that Trump brought with him has pushed huge swaths of people away from voting for Republicans in national elections.

I like your platform. As you and I well know, the government is already up to its eyeballs in health care.

Most Americans don't.

Mar 5, 2021, 2:15 PM

And we're the ones who decide the elections. Basically, we gravitate to the other party in an election when one starts to go bonkers. Right now, the GOP is bonkers. Give the Dems time, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Most Americans don't.

Mar 6, 2021, 2:59 AM

Bonkers is why we ended up with bonkers.

Mar 6, 2021, 7:38 AM

I hear you. I am glad that Trump is gone, but not a lot of the policies. I don't see it getting better for some time though.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,388
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic