Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Andrew Kristofic commits to Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 5,286

Andrew Kristofic commits to Notre Dame

Apr 23, 2018, 9:17 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Andrew Kristofic commits to Notre Dame

Apr 23, 2018, 9:35 PM

Never heard of her.

I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting

Apr 23, 2018, 10:08 PM

For ‘19

It’s a mixture of weak Oline class and not putting on full court press for some of these guys. We need 4-5 o line and I’m not sure we are in good shape with many.

Harry Miller is trending Ohio St
Wanya Morris will be at Tenn or Auburn
Tarquin just committed to Miami
Kristific ND
And we’ve backed away from Ke. Jones

Guys I think we are still in it with are

Warren McClendon out of GA that’ll be aDawg fight
Zeke Correll 4* ND and Ohio St. will be who we fight with here.
Luke Griffin 3* UGA decommit he had 2 torn ACLs and UGA basically dropped him. I think we like other schools would like to see him at camp and see what he’s got .

Maybe some other guys show out this summer at camp and we can jump on them

Not a new event. It has been going on for years.

Apr 23, 2018, 10:19 PM

McClendon will be a UGA-Chicken battle.

Re: Not a new event. It has been going on for years.

Apr 24, 2018, 7:16 AM

man i know. how have we won any games lately with this awful recruiting. do you people not realize how stupid you sound when you type this idiocy. obviously not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you think we aren't putting on the full court press?

Apr 23, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting ]

Is it the coaches who have been assigned to recruit? That just doesn't seem to mesh with Dabo's expectations.

Or is it just a difficult position to evaluate? Or maybe their evaluation criteria?

Don't worry...

Apr 23, 2018, 10:59 PM

There's a gorgeous trophy...and innumerable head stones that attest to the fact the staff knows who and what they're looking for. Let the rest of the world worry about stars. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not worried about stars

Apr 24, 2018, 7:42 PM

I’m looking at who we’ve offered and almost half have already committed or are trending away from us.

Stars don’t mean jack. Anchrum is solid and was a 3. Falcinelli was a 3 and doing really really good. Maverick Morris was a utility olineman who did enough. Cervenka was a DT before moving to O line.

o line is a postition that is hard to evaluate but we’ve consistently taken less than we’ve should have year after year. This year we need 5 takes and as of now we have 0. Forget the stars we need solid olineman and right now I don’t know where they are coming from unless they pop up this summer in the camps or in their senior year.

Re: I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting

Apr 23, 2018, 11:29 PM [ in reply to I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting ]

I think they've been recruiting a lot of the guys pretty hard, we're just getting beat. OL development has to get better, period. We're not showing great development and it's creating an opening for negative recruiting.

Also doesn't help when Bama is probably pulling in 3 of the five stars guys in a weak class (lol at ESPN with 6 of the new top 11 as OL).

Apr 23, 2018, 11:49 PM

Why are we getting beat in offensive line recruiting? We seem to to have excellent recruiters but not when it comes to offensive line.

Apr 24, 2018, 8:13 PM

Ive come to believe Caldwell isn’t our best recruiter. Most of our best OL commits have come from Dabo going to get them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2018, 11:54 PM

The recruiting portion of OL coaching position could probably benefit a youth infusion. Caldwell has been involved in recruiting some other big time guys like Dex though. When Caldwell does eventually retire I'd expect us to go after Dustin Fry.

We've been getting hit pretty hard on the trail for the inability to develop though. Jay and Eric never even got an NFL sniff and Crowder is probably going undrafted, which is probably more his fault since he was way too heavy last season, but it can still be used against us. Some of it is always going to be tied to measurables. Greg Robinson and Eric Flowers both went in the top 10 because they were super athletic and they both suck in the NFL.

Apr 24, 2018, 1:52 AM [ in reply to I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting ]

We will be fine on the OL, remember we recruited some good Oline guys in 2017 and 2018. We are ok, trust Dabo to find the right guys we need. We haven’t made it to 3 playoffs in a row and 7 -10 win seasons or won 40 games in 3 years with a national championship without having great OL play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 24, 2018, 6:06 AM

We will be fine on the OL, remember we recruited some good Oline guys in 2017 and 2018. We are ok, trust Dabo to find the right guys we need. We haven’t made it to 3 playoffs in a row and 7 -10 win seasons or won 40 games in 3 years with a national championship without having great OL play.

Actually we’ve achieved all of that with a mostly patchwork cross trained OL. Some seasons have been mediocre at some positions. The offensive scheme and talent at the skilled positions has overcome those deficits mostly except for a few occasions (Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Alabama). An elite and deep OL would make Clemson unstoppable.

Apr 24, 2018, 7:59 AM [ in reply to I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting ]

Just relax Bennett,Anchrum wasn't highly recruited and he's probably the best olineman on the team.We will get who we need.

I agree

Apr 24, 2018, 7:46 PM

We find some good ones like Anchrum and last year we got McFadden who some say reminds them of Anchrum. We have some good young guys too but we need some more.

Hyatt will be gone and if Anchrum has a good season he could be early NFL departure too. We have one of the best Oline coaches in the nation even though some on here disagree but we need solid guys for him to work with

Re: I agree

Apr 24, 2018, 10:53 PM

Is Caldwell a good recruiter? He may develop players but he can’t sell them. Time for a change!

It would be nice if we can take it to a higher level...

Apr 24, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I’ve become really frustrated with OLine recruiting ]

than that. I think we still will in this class.

Replies: 17
| visibility 5,286
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic