Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

Apr 15, 2021, 11:29 AM

seems to make some valid points

https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who dahayell is Christian Elliot?

Apr 15, 2021, 11:40 AM

Need some credentials.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I bet 99% of the people dont know this pt

Apr 15, 2021, 11:43 AM

#9: THE VACCINES DO NOT STOP TRANSMISSION OR INFECTION

Wait, what?

Aren't these vaccines supposed to be what we've been waiting for to "go back to normal"?

Nope.

Why do you think we're getting all these conflicting messages about needing to practice social distancing and wear masks AFTER we get a vaccine?

I didnt know this til about a week ago

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The studies so far show that the vaccine is extremely

Apr 15, 2021, 11:53 AM

effective at preventing infection and transmission. Like .01% chance of getting it after having the vaccine. So the OP’s article is just wrong on that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr. Tucker Carlson says otherwise***

Apr 15, 2021, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr. Jill Biden says Otherwise

Jul 20, 2021, 3:32 PM

and she will soon be appointed Surgeon General.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/485976-whoopi-pitches-jill-biden-as-surgeon-general

incorrect

Apr 15, 2021, 5:26 PM [ in reply to The studies so far show that the vaccine is extremely ]

pfizer and moderna are about 95% effective. .01% is 1 out of 10,000 people but its more like 500 out of 10,000. Even if you say only 1 out of 10 will be exposed those numbers only change by a factor of 10.

Are you the same person that tells us only .01% die too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wrong, .04%.

Apr 15, 2021, 7:06 PM

https://www.livescience.com/amp/covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-explained.html

Re: I was wrong, .04%.

Jul 20, 2021, 2:41 PM

Don’t tell this to polio ... I’d hate for him

Apr 15, 2021, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I bet 99% of the people dont know this pt ]

To show up again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sorta regret getting vaxed. I thought it was gonna allow

Apr 15, 2021, 12:07 PM

travel to be much easier and such, but I've already had to cancel 2 different trips because places don't care if you've been vaxxed or not.

My buddy just got back from the USVI and they had to wait in 5 hours of lines for covid tests, pay several hundred bucks, etc even though they had all been vaxxed.

I don't think I probably harmed my body or anything, but I don't know. I was certainly under the wrong impression when I got it.

Your buddy did something wrong. I just got back from

Apr 15, 2021, 12:15 PM

USVI as well. While you’re right in that the vaccine did not provide any advantage, you just had to get tested before you went and that was it. No long lines (other than customs just being slow in general because the workers are on island time), no extra money, or anything. Whatever issues he had must have been specific to where he stayed or something, there were no issues or headaches for me.

Some countries will only let vaccinated people in, and I bet many will have that policy once they open up to tourists.

Re: 18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

Apr 15, 2021, 12:09 PM

Well, here's the thing.

You guys are sort of hedging America's bets. If a really vicious strain comes down...you anti-vaxxers are going to drop like flies.

On the other hand, if something turns out to be funny with the vax, maybe you guys end up having the last laugh.

Time will be the judge, I guess. Me, I'm not all-knowing. I went with the Pfizer vax because according to the available facts we have I figured it was my best odds, but as I said, I guess time will let us know who made the right call.

Apr 15, 2021, 12:13 PM

Jul 20, 2021, 3:34 PM

Where is haircut lady on the hot-crazy matrix?

Jul 20, 2021, 3:55 PM

The only reason that I need:

Apr 15, 2021, 12:19 PM

all the morons are saying it's a good idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Christian: Who cares?

Apr 15, 2021, 12:26 PM

Get it, don't get it. Why should I care one way or the other?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish we could eliminate antivaxers from the gene pool

Apr 15, 2021, 12:52 PM

would make the long term efficacy of vaccines more effective

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't Darwin handling that?

Jul 20, 2021, 4:46 PM

Anti-vaxer elimination?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was under 50 I probably would not get it.

Apr 15, 2021, 12:54 PM

Not really for those reasons, but on balance I would want an FDA approved vaccine. The risk to me upon getting covid would not warrant, for me, the risk of a trial vaccine.

We have been conditioned to think of covid case as "COVID CASE!!!", but for people under 60 that's just not true. Under that age, the risk is statistically about like the flu, maybe less, and if a flu vaccine was still in trial stage, would I take it? No.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's simply not true. I can cite to you

Apr 15, 2021, 1:01 PM

a family member who is late 20s, she's has a professional degree in the medical field, an athlete, and otherwise the picture of health.

She contracted covid last year before any vaccines were available and basically had no apparent symptoms. She was pregnant at the time. Turns out, the silent side effect was the blood thickening condition that has been reported. This sent a healthy woman in her late 20s into congestive heart failure following the birth.

I know of this case personally but the news is full of young people who have been hospitalized or died without any comorbidities.

She's the 0.01%

Apr 15, 2021, 1:17 PM

and there's no proof that happened because of covid either. Could have been a result of something else during the pregnancy.

and there we have it - Charleston Tom MD***

Apr 15, 2021, 1:30 PM

You don't have to be a doctor to have common sense.***

Apr 15, 2021, 1:53 PM

and for gottdamm sure you don't need any common sense to

Apr 15, 2021, 7:55 PM

post on TigerNet... if so, there would be like 8 posters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Had to TU this even tho I'm sure I didn't make the top 8...***

Jul 21, 2021, 3:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude gets hit by a bus

Apr 15, 2021, 2:09 PM [ in reply to She's the 0.01% ]

CharlestonTom® "WE DON'T KNOW HE DIED FROM THE BUS, HE COULD HAVE HAD A HEART ATTACK RIGHT BEFORE THE BUS HIT HIM!"

I like your funny words magic man

clearly it was covid-19***

Apr 15, 2021, 3:54 PM

If citing an anecdotal example is what defines truth, one

Apr 15, 2021, 1:38 PM [ in reply to that's simply not true. I can cite to you ]

will always define it however he wants. Statistically, in the younger ages, the risk of covid death is lower than risk of flu death.

https://amac.us/estimating-the-risk-of-death-from-covid-19-vs-influenza-or-pneumonia-by-age/

This is a year old, the one I could easily find, but I know that the total numbers have born this out. I do not at all mean to minimize what happened to your relative. I am sure it was a heartbreaking time, and it is only natural that something that close would define reality. But over the population, that is not what is happening. It is not a particularly dangerous virus, among respiratory viruses, among younger people.

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

exactly.***

Apr 15, 2021, 1:53 PM

Maybe so, but if keeps someone from getting sick(er)

Apr 15, 2021, 2:21 PM [ in reply to If citing an anecdotal example is what defines truth, one ]

or keeps them out of the hospital, why would you not take it?

AFAWK, there is no downside to it, aside from just being dumb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what's the "delta" on it...? Viruses, they are a changin'.***

Jul 21, 2021, 3:04 AM [ in reply to If citing an anecdotal example is what defines truth, one ]

here's the great thing CA, only those who choose

Apr 15, 2021, 2:23 PM [ in reply to that's simply not true. I can cite to you ]

not to get vaccinated, suffer the consequences.
Freedom should win again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only heard immunity can shut down the virus and

Apr 15, 2021, 2:31 PM

its mutations. that can't be achieved idiots choose not to take medical advice.

As I said elsewhere, we will soon hit a point of vaccination stagnation and employers will begin requiring vaccination.

but once again. Only those who dont get

Apr 15, 2021, 4:33 PM

vaccinated have to worry about it.
You get vaccinated, you have nothing to worry about.

Re: but once again. Only those who dont get

Apr 15, 2021, 6:14 PM

You get vaccinated, you have nothing to worry about.

Not true. For instance, there are people who for health reasons cannot be vaccinated. They are at risk so long as there's no herd immunity. Antivaxxers put them at risk. And the vaccine is not 100% effective in all people, which again raises the importance of herd immunity.

But I agree with your general sentiment that it's great when antivaxxers die of preventable diseases.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2021, 12:55 PM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm sorry but I can't get past the lousy grammar in

Apr 15, 2021, 1:01 PM

this story to even get into the meat of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry but I can't get past the lousy grammar in

Apr 15, 2021, 2:27 PM

Well, I'm trying to exercise patience for opinions that differ from my own.

However mangled their grammar might be. I mean, I misplace prepositions myself from time to time. Though ending a sentence with a preposition...is something up with which, I simply shall not put. (Disdainful sniff.)

It IS the 21st Century... You can cheat on 'Harbrace'....***

Jul 21, 2021, 3:09 AM

1 reason I get my medical advice from real doctors who

Apr 15, 2021, 2:03 PM

personally know me and my entire medical history and current situation in it's entirety:

1. Because they are real doctors who know me personally and know my entire medical history and current situation in it's entirety.

All of my doctors strongly reccomended that I get the vaccine. I'd be a cottdam idiot to ignore their advice and instead listen to random ######## on the internet. Seems to me this goes for everybody.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Charleston Tom, MD says you only need common sense

Apr 15, 2021, 2:05 PM

which he apparently lacks

When I want good, quality internet medical advice

Apr 15, 2021, 3:23 PM

There's no better place than deconstructingconventional.com.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess The Jounge and P&R bored are just as good as a

Apr 15, 2021, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Charleston Tom, MD says you only need common sense ]

real MD.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

2 of my coworkers aren't getting the vaccine because

Apr 15, 2021, 2:05 PM

they think it's poison or a government chip or something.

They sure didn't feel that way about any of the crap they get injected in their face and #####.

I think we're going to hit a point soon where companies are

Apr 15, 2021, 2:15 PM

going to require the vaccine as a condition of continued employment. Many colleges are already doing this for the fall semester.

the outrage from the Q anoners should be robust

Well, I already got the vaccine so I hope he's wrong!

Apr 15, 2021, 2:16 PM

That point 17 about putting pressure on the virus was interesting.

Hopefully this guy is wrong, of course. As someone stated above, as I understand research has shown a high level of effectiveness to preventing getting the disease, preventing transmitting the disease, and reducing the severity if you do get the disease. That all sounds like wins to me.

null

My wife and I are very torn on what to do

Apr 15, 2021, 2:25 PM

she's preggers...second trimester.

We asked the doctor, on our visit last week, about the vaccine and its known affects on pregnant women. To be frank, she didn't offer anything of substance. Her only position that she re-iterated after I asked a few questions was, "The policy is for us to recommend that everyone take it, especially pregnant women." Seriously?

But then...my wife was asking about some face cleaner and collagen. The doctor's response was since they don't know anything, she recommended to stay away from it. So...they don't have clinical evidence that an OTC skin remedy is safe for pregnant women, so they advise their clients to stay away. Yet, a somewhat new technology in this vaccine is rolled out in record time under EUA, and they're telling her to take it? Idk...it's troubling, confusing, and terrifying.

I'm not going to claim to be a doctor, but in my world (engineering) things don't happen according to policy. If it did, I'd have a 36' yellowfin and live in West Palm b/c everyone would buy our solutions b/c on paper they're 100% effective and give perfect ROIs.

I don't see why people like myself get blasted for asking genuine questions that no one seems to have answers for. I've seen a few studies with n=40 (this means 40 people hehe) of pregnant & lactating women, all of which seem to be promising. But...enough to jump in feet first? I personally don't think so.

So like I said...we're very torn. We want to take the vaccine, but we also don't want to put our upcoming baby in jeopardy. Are we being too cautious? Probably. Is it a risk? Sure, but either way it seems risky. So what do you do?

All this #### is scary, and it's impossible to weed through the noise to understand what's the right course to take. Maybe this is one massive experiment, and for the time being, we're the control group. I don't know.

We continue to be careful where we can. Wear masks. We try to distance. We don't go out. Don't lick door knobs. Basically we're trying not to get a virus, but I'm traveling for work, I've been to a few outdoor weddings, bachelor parties, etc.

We're not anti-vaxxers. I'm getting the whooping cough vax in a couple weeks. Our kid will get vaccinated as well. My wife gets regular allergy shots, etc before pregnancy. So don't go there w/ that ########.

I guess I left out...our current strategy is to

Apr 15, 2021, 2:30 PM

have a healthy baby and get the vaxx in Q4 2021 (which was the original timeline anyways).

Really wish I could have a beer or two with a few PhD type microbiologists or vaccine developers lol

that's a tough situation. the safest bet may be for

Apr 15, 2021, 2:35 PM [ in reply to My wife and I are very torn on what to do ]

you to get vaccinated and for her to self quarantine for the next trimester.

Re: My wife and I are very torn on what to do

Apr 15, 2021, 2:36 PM [ in reply to My wife and I are very torn on what to do ]

Given the situation (congrats btw) it's perfectly understandable with your wife wanting to be careful with the vaccine, but what's keeping you, individually, from taking it?

to be completely honest

Apr 15, 2021, 2:54 PM

I had no idea we were even eligible until a couple of weeks ago. Completely unplugged from all news except for market related, and this and snapchat are my only forms of social media.

Having said that, my wife and I were waiting on feedback from the doctors before making a decision. Now that we're aligned on what to do for her, for now at least, I'll probably figure out how to go and get one.

If you want one and want Pfizer, just do Kroger.

Apr 15, 2021, 7:14 PM

I logged on their site on Monday and had an appt on Wednesday morn at our local one, and about a 2 minute wait when I got there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2021, 7:23 PM [ in reply to My wife and I are very torn on what to do ]

No, I get it, personally. They're rolling out a new product, very fast. It's been fast-tracked, hasn't gotten anything like the usual safety regimens, we DON'T know a ton about it yet.

There are some risks attached to such things. We don't know what the long-term effects are. How could they possibly?

I just had to weigh pro's and con's. My wife and I already had COVID once. We're in our 40's. We had moderate cases and we were down a couple weeks. Recovery took another several for both of us, and both of us continue to show some symptoms of "long COVID" months later. (She's asthmatic and her breathing has been notably worse, I've had some post-nasal drip symptoms and and array of sinusitus symptoms that are possibly linked; I may actually need nasal surgery, actually.)

I am also aware there are some scarier variants coming down the pipe, and I really do not want to spend the rest of my life dealing with variants of this crap every few months, so we took the calculated risk of going for a vax. (Yes, we are aware we may need to supplement with a booster every few months.)

Especially with a pregnant wife, I'd be even more leery.

I can definitely understand your hesitation, regardless. In your shoes, no idea what call I'd make.

Apr 15, 2021, 7:34 PM

you're not pregnant, she is

Jul 20, 2021, 4:14 PM [ in reply to My wife and I are very torn on what to do ]

why are you concerned? I see and understand hers

Also, babies seem to be low risk for death or hospitalization from the Rona, so that could play in favor of you getting vaccinated as well

I want to be very clear about something though, I am NOT here to make ANYONE'S health decisions for them.

Did everyone make it to #18?

Apr 15, 2021, 4:02 PM

The author is literally butt hurt over covid. Congrats on finding such an elaborate joke. I love how it cites the fact that you can still get covid like it's some gotcha, but ignores that you're 80-90% less likely to get it and subsequently transmit it. Also, reducing symptoms is really important.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m looking forward to Pfizer jab #2 in a few weeks

Apr 15, 2021, 4:44 PM

Had COVID back around Thanksgiving. Came through relatively unscathed and if I were to contract again I think I’d be fine again.

Maybe the vaccine will turn me into a zombie in a few weeks or months...maybe not.

I’m short, I like being early adopter. And if Bill Gates has now planted a tracking device in me...so be it.

Apr 15, 2021, 6:10 PM

1. Because you're an idiot.

2. Because you're an idiot.

3. Because you're an idiot.

4. Because you're an idiot.

5. Because you're an idiot.

6. Because you're an idiot.

7. Because you're an idiot.

8. Because you're an idiot.

9. Because you're an idiot.

10. Because you're an idiot.

11. Because you're an idiot.

12. Because you're an idiot.

13. Because you're an idiot.

14. Because you're an idiot.

15. Because you're an idiot.

16. Because you're an idiot.

17. Because you're an idiot.

18. Because you're an idiot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2021, 2:35 PM

http://www.chiptape.com/covid/18.htm

Comes with everything you see here:

Table of Contents:

1. Summary of 18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

2. Consensus:

1 ... CENSORSHIP...AND THE COMPLETE ABSENCE OF SCIENTIFIC DEBATE
2 ... If you disagree with the WHO or the CDC, you get censored.
3 ... [Insert highly-credentialed expert here] disagrees with the scientific consensus.
4 ... Why is social media censoring stuff?

3. Trust:

5 ... Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson have bad track records.
6 ... Why are vaccine makers immune from liability?
7 ... Were the COVID-19 vaccines rushed?
8 ... Does Dr. Fauci have conflict of interest with Moderna?
9 ... Does Dr. Fauci have conflict of interest with gain-of-function research?
10 ... Ethics

4. Can you trust the data?

11 ... There were 3,410 suspected but unconfirmed COVID-19 cases in the Pfizer trials... 1,594 in the vaccine group & 1,816 in the placebo group.
12 ... Long-term safety
13 ... Trials vs vaccinated people
14 ... VAERS underreports adverse events.

5. Data:

15 ... Does the Johnson & Johnson vaccine utilize fetal cells from abortions?
16 ... Do COVID-19 vaccines prevent infection and transmission?
17 ... Do COVID-19 vaccines protect against variant strains?
18 ... Why did they recommend masks, social distancing, etc. post-vaccination?
19 ... Does vaccination increase asymptomatic infection, Bell's palsy, blood clots, cytokine storms and variants?

6. Risk:

20 ... Are COVID-19 vaccines riskier than COVID-19?
21 ... How does natural immunity compare to post-vaccination immunity?

Jul 20, 2021, 6:04 PM

#18 is the reason my wife and I have chosen not to take the vaccine. We had covid back in December. Natural immunity post covid just makes medical sense to me.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic