Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe's CDC czar warns of impending doom ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 940

Joe's CDC czar warns of impending doom ...

Mar 29, 2021, 3:01 PM

Guess we'll get to see what kind of leader ol' Joe is … a new wave would be on him.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-director-covid-induced-impending-doom-rise-cases-hospitalizations

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They cannot turn loose of their 15 min of fame...

Mar 29, 2021, 3:10 PM

B4 covid, no one knew who these people were...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe's CDC czar warns of impending doom ...

Mar 29, 2021, 3:13 PM

is that a dude?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 3:15 PM

That's what the world is calling for and it's already taking off. That's why we need people vaccinated.

Mar 29, 2021, 3:20 PM

they folks who want it should get it first (because 'Murica!), lots of folks waiting to see the side effects

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 3:49 PM

I want one when they allow it. I am not exactly racing to get it when I can or stressing on it though.

GA is open for everyone...

Mar 29, 2021, 3:57 PM

Just say you 'work' here.

It may be getting to the point when we might have to think

Mar 29, 2021, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Joe's CDC czar warns of impending doom ... ]

of covid like we think of influenza. There is no herd immunity to influenza, just to strains of influenza. The same may well be true with covid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It may be getting to the point when we might have to think

Mar 29, 2021, 9:17 PM

I think that if we can, say in 2022, limit our sickness and deaths to flu-like numbers, we may have to call that success.

Of course, if a third of Americans refuse to get the vaccine, even that standard may remain out of reach.

The experts know.

Mar 30, 2021, 11:26 AM

But it is starting to look like long term this will be like, and probably end up being much like influenza, over years and decades. Only time will tell.

But if you can imagine being around when the first influenza virus jumped to humans, I imagine we're going through that same process now, only we have 8 billion people, and millions travel the world daily (or did). A truly novel flu strain is roughly just as lethal as covid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like it may not be a good time to let in hoards of

Mar 29, 2021, 4:01 PM

COVID positive poor people from various places around the world then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Mar 29, 2021, 8:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 4:13 PM

What the article fails to mention is the surge is happening in places that had strict mandates such as New Jersey, New York, Detroit and so on. Those idiots should've been more open so immune systems could get and stay strong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Mar 29, 2021, 4:32 PM

It probably wouldn't change anything with the immune system. They are also having surges due to people living in crowded areas. I was opposed to the shutdowns as well though. I never saw how it would really work. It would have only possibly worked if the entire country or even the Americas from Canada to Tierra del Fuego were all doing it at the same time for a month or two way back in the day. That would never be coordinated though and everyone wouldn't fall in line to ever do that. It's a futile effort using shutdowns. There will always be spreaders that will lead to surges.

Mar 29, 2021, 4:16 PM

Mar 29, 2021, 5:28 PM

The US deaths curve is flattening significantly. I'll post the plot next time with the Biden report. I know you guys are just waiting for the next installment.

Yes! The Republican plan is working! Get sick and die to

Mar 29, 2021, 4:36 PM

make Biden look bad...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes! The Republican plan is working! Get sick and die to

Mar 29, 2021, 4:38 PM

It will miraculously disappear after the next election. It's a hoax to get Biden.

And the MSM is eating it up. Doom & gloom.

Mar 30, 2021, 12:37 PM

The headlines everywhere.

Meanwhile, I was at my PCP today and he said since the vaccine they are seeing few to no COVID cases.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 940
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic