Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Booing the pres.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Booing the pres.

Oct 21, 2012, 1:19 PM

What is this about booing the president? When did this happen. I
must have missed it. Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Booing the pres.

Oct 21, 2012, 1:20 PM

Me too. I was getting food and did not hear it.

Yeah me too-wouldn't have missed that chance if I had known

Oct 21, 2012, 1:20 PM

Free speech people - look it up.

And the frat guy wearing a pink polo with the collar popped

Oct 21, 2012, 1:42 PM

to the game has "freedom of dress". Doesn't make him any less of a ######. Same deal

Re: And the frat guy wearing a pink polo with the collar popped

Oct 21, 2012, 2:14 PM

Says the geed in the cargo shorts

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Yea pink polo over cargo pants anyday.***

Oct 21, 2012, 8:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RESPECT...look it up. That was an important moment

Oct 21, 2012, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Yeah me too-wouldn't have missed that chance if I had known ]

in the lives of those men and women and for people to co-opt that moment in order to express political opinion was a gross error in judgement.

It wasn't about who the president is or what his failings are. It was about those men and women taking an oath to protect the Constitution.

EVERY moment isn't YOUR moment.

Maybe that ceremony shouldn't be at FB game with 80,000

Oct 21, 2012, 8:43 PM

fans. Obama isn't respected by many in this state, and not sure they buy in to respecting the office. George W never got much.

Re: Yeah me too-wouldn't have missed that chance if I had known

Oct 21, 2012, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Yeah me too-wouldn't have missed that chance if I had known ]

It has nothing to do with free speech. It is about respecting our Constitution the office of President and the young people taking the oath. Someday, they won't be taking orders from President Obama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 1:33 PM

I was in the stadium when it happened during the oath of allegiance of new military recruits. It happened when the military member (I believe it was a marine) stated, "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic (LARGE AMOUNT OF GRUMBLING AND ESSENTIALLY SKIPPING THE WORD "DOMESTIC"); that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States (VERY MILD BOOING--TOO MILD FOR SOMEONE WHO ESSENTIALLY HAS DISRESPECTED THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY REPEATEDLY) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I took this oath myself when I served. I respect the office of the president and understand that it is incumbent upon us all to uphold the law as written, apparently more than our current president does. I was pleasantly surprised to see that a large number of people in South Carolina "get it." I agree that everyone is entitled to his right of free speech.

Oct 21, 2012, 1:51 PM

I also took this oath and yes it should be respected .

Was this as bad as all the Rebel flags flying at USCheat ?

Oct 21, 2012, 2:40 PM

We all saw the Rebel flags at Gameday at USCheat.

You guys need to let your hate for the person not

Oct 21, 2012, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Booing the pres. ]

get in the way of respecting the office.Where I was sitting,it was loud booing btw

I didn't hear boos, I did hear some muttering

Oct 21, 2012, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Booing the pres. ]

Some throat clearing, maybe some knowing chuckles at that moment, that sort of thing but no boos, at least not in our section.

Message was edited by: mpercy®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Booing the pres. ]

Thank you very much for your service, but this is not about freedom of speech. It is about defending the Constitution (and the office of President) that you served bravely to defend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they were booing you and the other coots.***

Oct 21, 2012, 2:02 PM

Re: I think they were booing you and the other coots.***

Oct 21, 2012, 2:15 PM

You talkin' to me?

Oct 21, 2012, 2:09 PM

Nothing but hate for a man of color,but most folks would at least respect the office of President of the United States.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:16 PM

"hate for a man of color"

lmao

race baiting idiot

the only people stuck on race are retards like yourself

jmo

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatsup with all the hate and name calling?

Oct 21, 2012, 2:17 PM

We are all Tigers.Take your politics somewhere else.smh

Re: Whatsup with all the hate and name calling?

Oct 21, 2012, 2:24 PM

i do not appreciate being called a racist by association

"if you don't support the president, you hate black people"

beyond outrageous

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 2:25 PM

don't be so defensive then, and yes, how come only certain types of people stoop to name calling?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 2:31 PM

Because you are the racist.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatsup with all the hate and name calling? ]

Unfortunately, that's the direction the lib media is trying to spin it. Same crap they did with Trayvon Martin. Anyone who was waiting to throw on their hoodie and grab an Arizona til after some due process was established was accused of being a racist.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Booing the pres. ]

Thank goodness the race card has been played. No one is sick of hearing that BS.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:21 PM

It's been happening now for about 4 years. Where you been?;)

Oct 21, 2012, 2:23 PM

Doesn't make it right. It is an embarssment for our school

Oct 21, 2012, 2:24 PM

NO he is an embarrassment for our country. Our school gets it.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:26 PM

I guess some people insist in perpetuating the notion that SC is full of backward thinking bigots.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:27 PM

You realize that the country is more or less split 50-50 right now, right?

Oct 21, 2012, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Booing the pres. ]

The latest polls and approval ratings say otherwise. Personally thie rest of this country and the idiots who support this clown is why our country will be a 3rd world country in 3 years if he is re elected. The USA used to be some of the smartest people in the world. Boy has that changed.

You don't actually believe that do you??

Oct 21, 2012, 5:21 PM

There's no way that you really think that Obama being reelected would make the United States a third world country in three years. Don't let your personal hatred for a man influence your ability to think clearly.

Please tell me how his reelection would cause our country to decline so rapidly.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Booing the pres. ]

Also full of idiots like yourself.

Re: RESPECT...look it up. That was an important moment

Oct 21, 2012, 2:23 PM

It's never your place to tell anyone when they may or may not exercise their right to free speech. Look that up.

Theoretically speaking, people can use free speech in

Oct 21, 2012, 2:30 PM

extremely stupid ways that deserve to be ridiculed. I'm not sure people are saying it should be illegal. I'm pretty sure that others are using their freedom of speech to point out how absurd those people were.

Freedom of speech isn't only a tool for dumb@sses.

Re: Theoretically speaking, people can use free speech in

Oct 21, 2012, 2:33 PM

Absolutely, next time we should just flash a picture of Obama on the jumbotron for everyone to boo, so that way there's not this whole "booing the military" confusion.

Though that would be silly, that would be MUCH better than

Oct 21, 2012, 2:34 PM

the classless display witnessed yesterday.

Re: RESPECT...look it up. That was an important moment

Oct 21, 2012, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: RESPECT...look it up. That was an important moment ]

It's not about free speech. It is about respecting the Constitution, the Office of the President (regardless of who occupies it) and the young people taking the oath.

I don't care what your politics are, when a stadium boos

Oct 21, 2012, 2:28 PM

in that particular situation (during a military ceremony of respect and honor) it makes the people in that stadium looked like total dumb***es, whether they realize or not.

People think they are taking some sort of political action or making some sort of statement of protest. The thing that is so especially stupid about the whole situation is that all the idiots who booed, can easily see how stupid anti-war protesters and occupy protesters make themselves look, but they can't figure out they look exactly the same way when booing during a military ceremony at a college football game.

The only statement that the booing actually made, was NOT the President should be voted out of office, the real statement was that there were a lot of ignorant, imprudent turds in Death Valley on Saturday.

Re: I don't care what your politics are, when a stadium boos

Oct 21, 2012, 2:33 PM

Being from South Carolina and a member of the armed forces that made me sick to my stomach. I was like wow I understand some dont like Obama being in the White House, but #### it he is the President of the United States. You dont have to respect the person, you MUST respect the position if you dont get the hell out my country. We lay it down on the line for you all over the country to try to keep the USofA safe and secure. That is blatant disrespect. I can't believe it.

SSgt USAF 02-Present

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 2:35 PM

Amen, and thank you for your service. You are a hero, not those clowns booing the President in the middle of such a solemn oath.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what your politics are, when a stadium boos ]

Respect is earned, not given.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:40 PM

so are you telling me the position of being President isn't earned? you have to be kidding me. there has been 44 presidents.. you don't have to respect the man. you respect the POSITION. that has nothing to do with you earning respect as a person. just like us in the military we dont have to respect the person.. we respect the RANK. Same concept if you dont understand that I'm sorry. Must be a military thing.

Oct 21, 2012, 4:15 PM

Yeah, tricking a majority of people into voting for you doesn't automatically earn my respect. Sorry if you are that naive.

Great point. The boo birds LOST respect by their actions.***

Oct 21, 2012, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what your politics are, when a stadium boos ]

Some people have a jacked up sense of patriotism.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what your politics are, when a stadium boos ]

Some equate patriotism more with jingoism and xenophobia than respect and sacrifice.

Re: Some people have a jacked up sense of patriotism.

Oct 21, 2012, 2:46 PM

exactly just because i dont sometimes agree with things i am told to do i still have to do them. I may be able to speak my mind in a certain forum but sometimes we have to shut up and color. But to out right disrespect the colors which they did when they boo'd the President you may as well have spit on the flag itself. The President is an extension of that flag just like each and everyone of us are. If we want to go against that then we may as well start up the CSA again and see how that works out.. lol.. some people are just ridiculous.. They want so much change and yet some of them don't even vote.. You want change get off your couch and voice your opinion.

I agree and disagree - That oath protects the rights of

Oct 21, 2012, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what your politics are, when a stadium boos ]

the people who boo'd just as it did the people who cheered. That is what makes America great - freedom. Freedom to boo or cheer - freedom to be a dumb#%$ or freedom to be a patriot. I was not there and did not know the situation where this occured and I agree with you that is was uncalled for but don't stomp the freedom the oath protects.

How do you know they were booing?

Oct 21, 2012, 2:44 PM

Maybe they were saying "boooooooooooom" and celebrating all the bombs he's dropped these past four years.

How pathetic that a COOT would be on this site today?

Oct 21, 2012, 3:00 PM

Your Gamecocks LOST --- BADLY. Get over it in your own way. Don't drag your pathetic whiny attitude over here. Go to FGF and whine with your own kind.

Message was edited by: Tiger_Fan_007®

Re: How pathetic that a COOT would be on this site today?

Oct 21, 2012, 4:09 PM

Didn't really sound like a Coot. Sounded more like an American citizen concerned about the attitude of some toward the position of President.

The ones that booed...

Oct 21, 2012, 4:24 PM

Are the same ones that think Romney/Ryan won the last 2 debates when they've gotten their @sses handed to them.

This is a black eye for Clemson.

Re: The ones that booed...

Oct 21, 2012, 4:26 PM

Most polls show gains for Romney in every battleground state. I don't know how you define "winning" a debate, but gaining ground in polls is a good indicator.

Oct 21, 2012, 5:08 PM [ in reply to The ones that booed... ]

Is that you Biden. Nother effing idiot liberal. Did you even watch the debates? Probaby getting your results from MSNBC. After the debates Romney/Ryan gained and have been slightly ahead in the polls. Is liberal another word for "don't worry about the actual facts"?

Oct 21, 2012, 8:30 PM

I don't really understand the mindset of people who accuse others of calling them racist unfairly because they disagree with them, yet insist on calling other's LIBERAL because they disagree with you. They could very easily be a moderate or even a Republican who viewed that particular act as rude and unnecessary. Personally I don't care which side you were on I consider it RUDE and disrespectful to the young people taking the oath, and I would feel the same if people had booed President Bush at the same event.

Of course you did Coot

Oct 21, 2012, 8:34 PM

You were propably trying to finish up your pizza deliveries so you could watch UF hand you your ###!

Re: Re: Booing the pres.

Oct 21, 2012, 8:43 PM

What is with the fixed 100% ?shame on tigernet for endorsing political statements

I gave my tickets away to a Veteran to thank him for his

Oct 21, 2012, 8:59 PM

service. I am retired from active duty myself. I'm glad I wasn't there to hear it. As I've stated before, the disrespect and hatred of President Obama is really sad. I would never disrespect the CIC regardless of my personal feelings. Regardless of who wins the election, I will pull for them. I always hope for the best for the country I love and served.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!

Oct 21, 2012, 9:32 PM

This is exactly what I tell people. This really bothered me yesterday.

Liberals hated Bush. Obama has earned the disrespect.***

Oct 21, 2012, 9:37 PM [ in reply to I gave my tickets away to a Veteran to thank him for his ]

Oct 21, 2012, 12:54 PM

OMG!!!! And here we go with the race card!!

reverse roles

Oct 21, 2012, 9:38 PM

Remember years ago when the Dixie Chicks expressed their displeasure about the president (W) and this part of our country chastised them for their free speech about our president. Its funny how now that probably the same people that did that to them booed yesterday expressing their feelings and they are saying free speech.

I was really disappointed and it really bothered me for most of the day. Share your displeasure on election day and not a day to honor the military. Respect is something hard to come by nowadays.

Oct 21, 2012, 9:42 PM

OMG!!! And here we go with the race card !!!

I find it astounding what lengths people

Oct 21, 2012, 9:55 PM

on here go to to justify wrong over right.

If there wasn't such ignorance on here, people would realize that booing in that instance is disrespectful-- and it has nothing to do with the President. It has to do with the oath that those soldiers took to follow and obey orders NO MATTER WHO is commander in chief. That their oath supersedes and transcends politics, race, religion-- EVERYTHING but the Democratic process of this great country and the values that we all share. Your boos were disrespectful to the decision that our soldiers made, never mind the President.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic