Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An awful lot of Butt Hurt around the country,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

An awful lot of Butt Hurt around the country,

May 6, 2019, 12:23 AM

but the truth is, they are all mad bc DJ didn't choose their school, and we got Richer, and they stay lame and poorer bc DJ said no to all of them!!! Another truth is, if they were DJ's age, and as talented as DJ is, they to would chose Clemson bc everyone wants to play with the best team they can play on, even in a pick up game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An awful lot of Butt Hurt around the country,

May 6, 2019, 1:10 AM

So true - allorange !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 6, 2019, 1:46 AM

I honestly believe in my heart that William Christopher Swinney has placed Clemson University into the royal family of CFB ... to stay .
I know it's impossible to see the future but when you see these kids today and look at Clemson through their eyes ... what else are we ? Without naming all of the accomplishments of our last 8 years under Swinney ( and they are staggering ) you just have to think about it generationally ... these young kids only know Clemson as a champion ... as a blue-blood .
Dabo Swinney has done it ... I feel certain of it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Stay there

May 6, 2019, 2:15 AM

Nothing is really guaranteed in life, including college football. Just ask texas and tennessee.

With that said, I've always believed that this program could reach the heights on which it is right now. We just have to keep working hard to stay there. I enjoy the immense success we've had and grateful every day for it. I don't take it for granted.

I would also like to add that I just wish our other programs at Clemson can up their game too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stay there

May 6, 2019, 6:22 PM

You are right TigerStripe. Nothing is guaranteed and Dabo gets it by staying humble and recruiting players that are selfless (not selfish) and humble as well. Someone mentioned to look at Texas and Tennessee and I see FSU as another.

All it takes is complacency, arrogance and a recruiting class that flops and it's over. FSU thought they had a great class of O Linemen 3 or 4 years ago and they were all busts and their QBs have not lived up to the hype. Now it's going to be another 2 to 3 and probably more years before they even have a chance to be relevant again.

I love what's happening in Clemson now and hope it stays that way for many more years. Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: An awful lot of Butt Hurt around the country, ]

I agree a Million percent, and we can only hope that one or all of Dabo's boy's will want to follow in Dabo's foot steps that has the same or close to the same visions that Dabo has for building a program for long time success, and he takes over for his dad after Dabo hangs up his FB whistle. That is the dream that I have for carrying Clemson way into the future continuing to be an elite FB program long after I'm gone from the living!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: An awful lot of Butt Hurt around the country, ]

And to piggy back off your comment Dabo is doing things in such a way as other teams want to emulate Clemson. Just look at the Raiders and how they purposely drafted 3 Clemson players to try and change their culture. Gruden is a smart guy...he knows what's up.

May 6, 2019, 3:11 PM

It's just natural as fans to hate whoever is on top. It's not just in college, but in all sports. If one team is dominating for more than a couple years then they'll have people ready to see them fall. It's the same reason most of the country was pulling for us against Bama in 2016. I think most other fans are sick of both us and Bama, just as our fans would be if our own team wasn't involved.

Also, many fans will do anything to downplay another team being in our position in any type of way they can, usually by accusing the other team of cheating. It's easier to do that than it is to admit the other team has something better to offer/is doing a better job than your own.

May 6, 2019, 7:13 PM

This will help

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic