Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump has been mostly amusing up to this point,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 364

Trump has been mostly amusing up to this point,

Jul 12, 2017, 12:48 PM

but shit's gettin' real now.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/opinion/will-trump-kill-the-bourbon-boom.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this article, unless i missed it, doesn't go into why

Jul 12, 2017, 12:58 PM

Trump wants to add a tariff. Seems odd to me to write this and not say the underlying issue why he would add tariffs.

unless i missed it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"bourbon..is just a hipster fad and a good-ole-boy mainstay"

Jul 12, 2017, 12:59 PM

wow, NY Times with the hipster/redneck blast. Hey, hipsters like Pabst too, what the heck are they after?

Wouldn't this potentially cause a bourbon glut in the US and cause prices to plummet? Unless you actually care that Vietnamese have proper access to cheap bourbon, I see this as a win for us. I'll gladly trade 1/2 price bourbon for all the tequila, cognac, and champagne that exists.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the glut would not last long.

Jul 12, 2017, 1:01 PM

They would just stop making so much. You may see the giants keep producing stuff knowing they can age it longer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wouldn't need to.....gimme 6 months

Jul 12, 2017, 1:05 PM

with ample product and bottomed-out prices and I (and you as well) would manage to procure a very, very well-stocked "bourbon cellar" that would well outlast our livers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOLD!***

Jul 12, 2017, 2:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMERICAN WHISKEY 4 AMERICANS

Jul 12, 2017, 1:00 PM

DONT SEE NO NEED IN SENDING IT OVERSEAS WHEN I CANT EVEN GET BLANTONS OR BUFFALO TRACE ON THE REGULAR HERE IN THE GREAT STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump has been mostly amusing up to this point,

Jul 12, 2017, 1:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This bothers me 0%

Jul 12, 2017, 2:22 PM

I have no access to overseas bourbon. But they are getting bourbon that we do not have available in the United States that is manufactured here.

So if I can't have it... neither can the japanese lady boys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Replies: 8
| visibility 364
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic