Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status

Oct 16, 2017, 11:58 AM

Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Queue the dumpers in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:00 PM

Meh

Oct 16, 2017, 12:29 PM

The most disappointing thing I took from that was that’s it’s already passed week 7 and our QB has only thrown 4 TDs...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Meh

Oct 16, 2017, 6:17 PM

You fail

* Cue***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Queue the dumpers in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...*** ]

No way, I'm not getting in line.***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Queue the dumpers in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay

Oct 16, 2017, 12:06 PM

We know KB isn't dead, other than that, we still don't really know his condition. Not sure if Dabo is not saying much because KB is really hurt or if it's because last week he said he was fine and he obviously wasn't. I have faith in our program, either KB plays, or the next guy gets the 1st team reps and is ready to go for GT.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay

Oct 16, 2017, 12:08 PM

I think Dabo is being a bit optimistic about KBs chance to be practicing by Wednesday. I would say he is at least out this week if not longer to get through concussion protocol.

Not to mention I believe his ankle injury is worse than we are being led to believe. I think it might be a high ankle sprain.

well it's definitely worse now than it was........

Oct 16, 2017, 12:13 PM

I'm concerned that his/their/whomever's decision to play/keep him in only slowed the healing process of KB's ankle

Re: well it's definitely worse now than it was........

Oct 16, 2017, 12:18 PM

Oh it definitely did that. He reaggravated the injury right before they knocked him out.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:24 PM

Long before then.

No, if you watch the play before he got knocked out,

Oct 16, 2017, 1:00 PM

The dirty SOB Cuse player, long after KB had released the ball, grabs KB's ankle while on the ground and twists it like it was his job. No flag of course, but you can tell it hurt KB even worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed that too...

Oct 16, 2017, 1:33 PM

Those type of players really disgust me.

Oct 16, 2017, 2:44 PM [ in reply to well it's definitely worse now than it was........ ]

I hope the coaches finally saw in film, what everyone else saw, that KB was not able to move for at least the 2 series BEFORE he got knocked out. It was no surprise that he got hurt, everyone, but the coaches, could see it coming.

And as far as the ankle sprain, he definitely had a major setback in the recovery process, it is so easy to re-injure that type of injury. Said this before the game even started, HJ Start with KB backing him up.

It was the way we lost that hurt so bad. Like we just gave away our Mulligan.

Go Tigers!

Oct 16, 2017, 6:20 PM

We wish you were the coach

"We got to own it. Learn from it."

Oct 16, 2017, 12:12 PM

Nothing else needs to be said.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status

Oct 16, 2017, 12:17 PM

OK, I'll take the bait. Call me whatever you want but I know I'm a 60+ year supporter of Clemson anything and that's all that counts. But honestly, I don't believe a darn thing that Dabo says about injury updates. Far too many times over the last nine years I've heard excellent injury reports from Dabo and then 3 or 4 weeks later said player is still out.

And to answer op's poasts - it was clear from the first series that KB wasn't right. Definitely the second series he wasn't able to run. Cuse knew it too. So no, I don't think KB should have started. If anything at all, KB should have been relegated to third string on Friday and had only been brought in when it was clear that other two QB's couldn't cut it.

You can say all you want about what you see and don't see in practice but until a guy is given live game action you really don't know what they can do... so yeah, I fully stand behind that HJ should have been given a chance to prove it on the field.

ok, go ahead and hate on - I don't care. I love my tigers like most of all the other "haters".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 12:53 PM

We were at the game 90 minutes before kickoff. It was obvious during warmups that KB could not cut. He could barely run along the sidelines without limping. He should have never played. Our D was never set. The HUNH Cuse O kept them off balance all night. Both of these situations are the result of POOR COACHING, SOMETHING we have not seen in many games.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are ALL Human!!!

Oct 16, 2017, 2:37 PM

I am as disappointed as anybody, but it is only one game and I trust the coaching staff more than any other in the country!!!

Oct 16, 2017, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status ]

I'm sure the high and mighty self righteous brigade will come march though as they always do, but points are valid. I could care less what KB's actual status is. If he is 100% for next game great, I would still like to hear some version of learning or thought regarding who's number is getting called if KB isn't ready to go.

Oct 16, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status ]

> OK, I'll take the bait. Call me whatever you want but
> I know I'm a 60+ year supporter of Clemson anything
> and that's all that counts. But honestly, I don't
> believe a darn thing that Dabo says about injury
> updates. Far too many times over the last nine years
> I've heard excellent injury reports from Dabo and
> then 3 or 4 weeks later said player is still out.
>
> And to answer op's poasts - it was clear from the
> first series that KB wasn't right. Definitely the
> second series he wasn't able to run. Cuse knew it
> too. So no, I don't think KB should have started. If
> anything at all, KB should have been relegated to
> third string on Friday and had only been brought in
> when it was clear that other two QB's couldn't cut
> it.
>
> You can say all you want about what you see and don't
> see in practice but until a guy is given live game
> action you really don't know what they can do... so
> yeah, I fully stand behind that HJ should have been
> given a chance to prove it on the field.
>
> ok, go ahead and hate on - I don't care. I love my
> tigers like most of all the other "haters".

I too am a 60+ year supporter of Clemson anything--I agree with you about Dabo and do not understand it. HJ should have had a series especially after the two missed reads on the long passes. I am not a coach, but we are not fluid on offense--even with Kelly at QB. Maybe we should let one coach handle ALL the play calling, instead of back and forth.JMO

Oct 16, 2017, 6:54 PM

Just because both of yáll have been fans for 60 years doesnt mean you know a darn thing and both have proved it. Check the stats and you'll see your wrong. If both you have been around that long then you should be thrilled at where we're at right now. I remember the late 60's and early 70's!!!!!!

Would you like to go back ? or maybe we can get us another Tommy West.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status ]

So Dabo is a liar???? Fgf is that way>>> coot

Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status..Korn

Oct 16, 2017, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status ]

Yep spot on...who was that funny little former Clemson QB that transferred to North Greenville College? Willy Korn. He had some shoulder injury that never healed until he transferred or was forced out. LOL! Dabo never did care for Korn too much. Willy is over at Coastal Carolina now as a WR coach I think.

Always laughable how many fanatics post how

Oct 16, 2017, 1:24 PM

much they know and how the coaches should handle every situation which they don't like or agree with....trust me, these "posters" have 10% of the facts, if that. In other words, they don't have 90% of the information leading up to why decisions are made or not made with the team or on the field. Yet, those people post what they "positively" think should be done or should've been done to make things better....laughable!! What if some yahoo came into your accounting firm, or auto repair shop, or small business, or corporation who only knew 5-10% of how your company functions....and, they only know that by watching your company from across the street or from hearing or reading rumors that come from people who only get surface level intel; then, those same people go blog about how to fix your company's problems because they think they have the answers......you would laugh at them and then close the door in their face, rightfully so! These people are indeed laughable & pitiful, although they can be entertaining....entertaining like a squirrel desperately trying to get into a bird feeder. Funny stuff!

Re: Always laughable how many fanatics post how

Oct 16, 2017, 2:29 PM

Sounds like politics and all the "experts" out there...

Re: Always laughable how many fanatics post how

Oct 16, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Always laughable how many fanatics post how ]

Couldn't agree more. Site is full of coaches and now doctors!!!

Fans Are Trained Observers...

Oct 16, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Always laughable how many fanatics post how ]

I understand what you are saying, BUT many fans have learned to observe things that a person closer to the situation might not... "Not able to see the forest for the trees" type of thing. Like being able to see uncertainty in the eyes of Boyd at times when he became frustrated. the point is that the guy sitting in the pew sometimes sees things a little different and can offer constructive criticism at times that would help the person doing the preaching. Like the Coach giving the updates on injuries being questioned now because his judgement is in question... Bryant should have been pulled much earlier and HJ should have been given a couple of series in the game... THAT is not rocket science!

Re: Fans Are Trained Observers...

Oct 16, 2017, 3:51 PM

Really? Learned to observe things that coaches haven't? Lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans Are Trained Observers...

Oct 16, 2017, 6:23 PM

Leave him alone he can see things on tv

Oct 16, 2017, 1:26 PM

This really hurts my heart to see KB on the field still hurting, but when he got a concussion, now that really made me very upset, that overgrown, big thing that made him fall with a concussion, needs revenge! I just wish the rest of the team realize that KB is out and they need to get revenge on whatever team is next. I love CU to death!!!!!!!!!!! It breaks my heart when they could not play as well as they should have. Clemson needs to regroup and prove haters of CU wrong! HJ needs to start ever game until KB returns! ZC can not cut it on the field, we need HJ PLEASE,HJ PLEASE!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE MY TIGERS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taken with a grain of salt, they thought he looked fine in

Oct 16, 2017, 1:42 PM

the warmups Friday too

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 2:35 PM

Great time for a Tiger break. Judging from the Tnet posts, there's no break in opinion though. Get well Tiger team.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By that pic, he shouldn't be in the concussion protocol

Oct 16, 2017, 2:49 PM

I know it might seem that way some days, but the brain isn't where he's getting "injured" in that picture. ;)

Oct 16, 2017, 4:00 PM

Glad to hear they are optimistic about KB (regardless of whether you believe it or not)

But here's the deal to me. I have no doubt KB "can" play vs. GT, but will it be the same thing? He's a sitting duck, can't finish, ineffective, etc. If KB is getting all the first team reps the next 2 weeks, then is the backup really ready if we get a repeat? Seems like he should sit this week and get treatment, etc. No more mulligans, we need to be prepared for all scenarios

Oct 16, 2017, 8:27 PM

Did a big ugly try to hurt KBs ankle ? #### strait ! Did a big ugly put extra effort in slamming KBs ### to the turf ? #### strait ! Should KB have started....Should HJ have had an opportunity ...Did the Coaches let the defence play to their football training......Did our beloved Tigers get whipped...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic