Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And on to closing we go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 464

And on to closing we go

Apr 12, 2021, 11:13 AM

Buyers want us to cover half of the repair expenses as a credit at closing

No problem. Will still net a good amount.

So it's over.

Now we wait to close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Did you really go through the hassle of selling and rebuying

Apr 12, 2021, 11:17 AM

another house for $20K in equity? And this was after refi-ing 2 months ago?

Have you actually added up what your net will be?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you really go through the hassle of selling and rebuying

Apr 12, 2021, 11:18 AM

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

Money GIFs | Tenor

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy. He's about to make what he thinks to be

Apr 12, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Did you really go through the hassle of selling and rebuying ]

the most successful financial transaction of his life. Can tell stories for DAYS about it...how to DIY FSBO, cut corners on structural stuff, mask wastewater runoff issues, etc. AND MAKE MAJOR BANK.

Except when all is said and done, he'll live in a home that was a lateral move, he'll be indebted FOREVER to his maw-maw-in-law, and he'll still be broke as DMX.

I'm not sure he really knows what "profit" means. At least not effective profit.

Good times though, I enjoy watching the hamster run on the wheel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The buying from family part would prob be the biggest

Apr 12, 2021, 11:33 AM

"Thanks, but no thanks-we found another place we really liked" part of this whole thing that I'd have done.

I mean I wouldn't sell and buy a house for basically moving expenses, but being indebted to family (especially someone else's family) is a never ending heII that won't ever stop paying dividends...even after they sell that place and move again.

Just hearing how much meemaw-in-law helped you at every Christmas, Easter and Sunday breakfast is the guilt trip that will never end. And Lord help him if he ever gets divorced--he'll end up owing his wife AND his MIL.

Eh, in fairness to fbcootch he'll cut a few corners on

Apr 12, 2021, 11:36 AM

moving expenses by getting his disabled cousins to help him move using a pick up. Somehow he's gonna come out of this thing with like $200 in his pocket. Except it won't be in his pocket it will be tied up in his home loan.

And wait until both transactions are complete.

Apr 12, 2021, 11:38 AM

His wife's gonna be all like "hey let's take that profit we made when we sold the trailer and go to disney world for christmas" and then he's gonna have to explain to her that they don't have any profit. He'll run in circles trying to explain it, but we all know he can't. Then the wife will accuse him of lying and they'll have their first CDV call to the police in the new house.

..And thats when the MIL will get involved

Apr 12, 2021, 11:40 AM

"We GAVE you a house, and this is how you treat my daughter?!?"

GIVE HER THE GD MUNNEY RANDY!

Apr 12, 2021, 11:42 AM

I'M SO SICK OF YOU TREATIN HER LIKE SHEAT RAN-DYY!

Imagine wanting to remodel a bathroom, and having to go

Apr 12, 2021, 11:50 AM [ in reply to The buying from family part would prob be the biggest ]

through a 2-3 family member approval process for the changes like it's some sort of govt bureaucracy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granny picked out that color

Apr 12, 2021, 11:56 AM

of laminate for the kitchen. Its just a part of my childhood. Remember, we will have to explain the changes we do when she comes over for Christmas. Lets just keep it as is, its been like this forever and should stay that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LAWD NO I MEMBER WIN I WUZ A LITTLE GURL THINKIN

Apr 12, 2021, 12:07 PM

THEM CABNIT KNOBS WAS DIMUNDS. STILL TAKES ME BACK TO MUH CHILDHOOD PLEASE JESUS DON'T RIP THEM KNOBS FROM MUH LIFE I AIN'T GONE BE HEAR FOREVER YA KNOW.

My CU next Tuesday of a grandmother was like that.

Apr 12, 2021, 12:17 PM

That old haint owned the "I might be dyin' this year and you're gonna miss me" act since she was like 50. She died when she was 80. Nobody missed her.

My father used to talk to her on Tuesdays, and he'd start getting wound up about it on Sunday afternoons.

Her husband (my grand father) was the one who believed the moon landing was faked, and also that everyone was out to get him. Dude was dirt effing poor his whole life--who wanted that?

THis actually explains a lot***

Apr 13, 2021, 11:22 AM

Already had that conversation with the family

Apr 12, 2021, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Granny picked out that color ]

(and surprisingly the wife) this is now our house.

Not a museum to your grandparents. We will be remodeling. If you want pictures of what it use to look like you better take them now.

Nobody had any issues with that.

Only issue we are having is SIL bought some massive ####### furniture that me and BIL had to put in the house because her house was too small for it since dumb ### didn't measure it. Just bought it and had us go get it.

Now I've given her a deadline to get it out of the living room by Saturday when we move in or I'm moving it to the yard for trash pick up.

I hate that #####

L O effing L

Apr 13, 2021, 1:21 PM

Speaking from experience, that’s a pipe dream

In no time at all you will be on here griping about her old stuff still around, her design choices, her walking and like she still lives there

I could go on all day, but I’ve been instructed I need to trim the hedges appropriately

He k, I just got to.d by my 6 yr old that the rule is no shoes on the carpet, when asked who’s rule that is and she replied her grandma/my MIL, I walked all over that carpet with my shoes on

You don’t make rules in someone else’s house period

Even after the years of chastising you on here that everyone has done, this is the one thing I actually feel sorry that you have to endure

Well, he also picked up 1/2 the equity in the new house as a

Apr 12, 2021, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Did you really go through the hassle of selling and rebuying ]

gift, iirc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh huh***

Apr 12, 2021, 12:34 PM

You think there is ANY way he'll come out with a red dime

Apr 12, 2021, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Well, he also picked up 1/2 the equity in the new house as a ]

of "equity" in that house after they get divorced? Judge hears "momma gave it to me", raps gavel, sends fbcootch to live on stubborn_tiger's couch.

The only good part of not having anything

Apr 12, 2021, 12:59 PM

is not having anything to lose.

Replies: 19
| visibility 464
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic