Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All you people scared of the virus. Check this out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

All you people scared of the virus. Check this out

Jul 13, 2020, 1:31 PM

https://www.facebook.com/lesa.fisherpatten/videos/3151129788277372

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All you people scared of the virus. Check this out

Jul 13, 2020, 2:02 PM

yeah, but there was that one guy that died that was healthy and not old, so that exact same thing could happen to you. You know it can. QUIT DENYING IT!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 13, 2020, 2:12 PM

How old are you? I am 81. Bet you are not.

Jul 13, 2020, 2:20 PM

yeah, you're old.

but did you hear about that guy that wasn't old? he died anyway. so you don't have a monopoly on being scared because this thing will kill ANYBODY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

plus odds are that most of us don't live to 81 anyway***

Jul 13, 2020, 5:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: plus odds are that most of us don't live to 81 anyway***

Jul 13, 2020, 6:20 PM

Re: plus odds are that most of us don't live to 81 anyway***

Jul 13, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to plus odds are that most of us don't live to 81 anyway*** ]

i wont sniff 81

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 2:31 PM

I can’t bring myself to use Facebook for facts nor do I think what was said is even relevant. People die from Covid. That is a fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or this.. man its gettign hard to track these videos back

Jul 13, 2020, 2:38 PM

down, they get buried or taken down so quickly. Actual Doctors speaking here...

https://youtu.be/Esc3UYElwIc

Jul 13, 2020, 2:45 PM

As someone who is not afraid of Covid, I'll say this. Take a look at total deaths in the US by month by state this year and compare it to typical deaths per month and you will see a HUGE spike in deaths in states with large metropolitan areas around the April / May time frame. I am pretty sure Illinois is one of those states. Those data are available on the CDC website. If Covid didn't kell them, something else did.

I know that cases with comorbidity are reported as Covid as I am sure is the case with flu and other diseases. However, some of what she said certainly does not sound right, so it would have been nice to see the rest if the video and hear some follow up.

listen to the two doctors in my post above yours

Jul 13, 2020, 5:14 PM

might quell your fear just a tad. At least it will keep you from hiding out. they say the increased cases but lower death tolls indicate that Covid is starting to transition out b/c of herd immunity, meaning we are increasingly showing that we are developing immunity to fight it off. Its a pretty interesting listen, and i never listen to stuff like this.

0.1% death rate, by cDc guidelines this no longer registers

Jul 13, 2020, 6:25 PM

as a pandemic based on statistics and what their website says is considered a Pandemic. Yet they continue to close down everything.....

My hunch....What we're going to find out is after this election...if Biden wins...the pandemic will disappear and the Democrats will swoop in and save the day! and you and me and every Clemson fan will be pissed bc we will have had to give up on another Clemson Championship with our two Heisman Candidates going to the Draft....BSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 13, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: All you people scared of the virus. Check this out ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: All you people scared of the virus. Check this out ]

If you look at total deaths in the US per day, week, month, COVID is not a large part of it. If you look at certain states for a small window in time, maybe not.

About 7500-8000 people die per day in the US. COVID is less than 10% of that now...600 - 700 per day.

Hasn't this been common knowledge for some time now...

Jul 13, 2020, 2:50 PM

why are you acting like it's been a secret?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cigs don’t cause lung cancer? Really????

Jul 13, 2020, 3:01 PM

Ok, guess we should go on and light em up, he he.

Thanks for the tip, we can finally ignore this overblown panic.

What’s that? Don’t need a seatbelt either? Ok great, got it.

What else ya got for us today?

Less than 10% of lifelong smokers get lung cancer.

Jul 13, 2020, 5:35 PM

Some are willing to take that chance. 1 in 2 men will get cancer in their lifetime. 1 in 3 women will get cancer in their lifetime. Smoking is bad for you duh, but it's way over blown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Less than 10% of lifelong smokers get lung cancer.

Jul 13, 2020, 5:40 PM

my uncle and aunt (aunt on maternal and uncle on paternal) are both 60+ year smokers. Packs and packs a day. Both are alive.

My parents, no smoking, mom was basically a vegan and both dead.

You are correct sir.

Re: Less than 10% of lifelong smokers get lung cancer.

Jul 13, 2020, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Less than 10% of lifelong smokers get lung cancer. ]

Fear?

Jul 13, 2020, 4:12 PM

'There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. John 4:18.

I have no fear but there are some things I have a healthy respect for, God, snakes, drugs, alcohol, women at times, driving too fast for conditions, cops when I'm driving too fast and the Chinese Plague.

Everyone knows the numbers are cooked. That's old news. If a patient is said to have covid the treating facility is paid up to $33K by the government for service. If they are put on ventilators the payment can be as high as $133K and I imagine they try to collect every penny of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic