Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,355

Am I the only one

Mar 12, 2020, 3:03 PM

Pissed off at the fact Swofford let our players get dressed to play a game and wait to warm up just to give FSU a trophy in front of them?

Our players did nothing to lose it and I have no problem with recognizing the regular-season title, but let our players know at the hotel, especially the seniors playing for one last shot at ANY postseason title.

His A$$ literally waited until 15 minutes until the game and made dang sure Clemson was out there when FSU was awarded that title they did nothing to win. Winning the regular-season title means crap, even football a 9-3 team always has a chance to knock off Clemson.

Why not ban any media 100% and only allow Clemson and FSU staff... Clemson deserved it's chance to finish this season and it's been stolen.

That's bad enough as it is, our guys deserved to be able to grieve about this in their hotel room, not watch a trophy ceremony... D-rad will cower to this as he did when he let the coots convince him it was a good business move to give them 2 home games in baseball this year after flour field sold out many years in a row. P.S, coots minor leauge had tickets on the day of the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all teams in the tournament should be co-champions or not

Mar 12, 2020, 3:09 PM

even name one this year, otherwise it is a slap in the face of all future tournaments.

Re: all teams in the tournament should be co-champions or not

Mar 12, 2020, 3:11 PM

I don't care about naming FSU champions. Decide this before getting our players in uniform.

Excluding the teams that had already lost like UNC.***

Mar 12, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to all teams in the tournament should be co-champions or not ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Am I the only one

Mar 12, 2020, 3:13 PM

Our team had an entire season to prove that they deserved the trophy. They flopped miserably, and had to suffer the consequences. Learn to lose like a winner and enough with the belly-aching about not having an opportunity.

I'm sure there is some juan else pizzed off about it...

Mar 12, 2020, 3:24 PM

I really don't care and don't think the players do either. Brownlee said some of the players were mad when they heard they wouldn't play...but that he thought the ACC did the right thing.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2020, 4:02 PM

Swoffie couldn't make the decision on his own. He waited until the Big Ten and SEC announced they were cancelling their tournaments and then did the same. At that point, it was about too late to cancel it before Clemson was at least at the arena and dressed out.

I think the whole thing has been ridiculously blown out of proportion, but whatever. I guess I'll just work on the ole golf game until everything goes back to normal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2020, 4:26 PM

The situation has been and will continue to be fluid. I’m not surprised or bothered that some fans and players are disappointed. Certainly the timing could have been better but bottom line is the right decision was made.

Go Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,355
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic