Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama Freshman LB enters transfer portal, former 5*
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Alabama Freshman LB enters transfer portal, former 5*

Feb 5, 2019, 3:29 PM

Wonder if we're going to lose anyone?
https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-LB-Eyabi-Anoma-enters-NCAA-transfer-portal-128721921/

Message was edited by: TigerScott88®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Alabama Freshman LB enters transfer portal, former 5*

Feb 5, 2019, 3:31 PM

We should go after this guy!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 3:40 PM

...and when you say we ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 5, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Freshman LB enters transfer portal, former 5* ]

If "we" is Clemson, then why would the Tigers be interested in someone they offered but never bothered making a visit per Rivals. The only other schools he visited besides Bama was his home state school Maryland and Michigan.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 3:38 PM

I was wondering if there was a deadline for entering the portal? Make a decision by a date, stay where you are, or sit out a year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 3:51 PM

They still have to sit out a year unless they have graduated or gets a NCAA waiver. Reading the article it looks like Bama has had 5 enter the transfer protocol so far. I imagine they can enter the protocol up to starting fall classes. It's too late to start classes in the spring for most colleges so the players will probably stay in school until spring semester is over and transfer into their new school in the summer classes. They will end up missing spring practice for both universities.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 3:57 PM

Just means they can over sign 35-40? Who knows? They do what they want to anyway

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 4:08 PM

Yea but that kid seems like a big loss. He was on the SECheat Freshman team. Which means he did play enough to impress the people that vote on that. looking at the list of other Bama has lost to the transfer protocol it appears that Saban has told his team they will no longer be needing a long snapper because the Extra points, FG's, and punts will not beat Clemson. So He'll just go for it on every 4th down and 2 a 2 point conversion on TD's trying to keep up with a Trevor Lawrence lead offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 4:07 PM

Why would Clemson have players transfer if Alabama does? Two totally different programs.

Sure, two different programs, but every program has

Feb 5, 2019, 4:29 PM

transfers. One reason we've been so good is because of our depth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 5, 2019, 4:44 PM

I wish they never would've started this. I get once in a blue moon someone needs to transfer, but now it's starting to seem more and more like an NFL farm system instead of college

Feb 5, 2019, 6:32 PM

Doubt we go after him.

Feb 5, 2019, 7:52 PM

Funny 247 does not show a Clemson offer but Rivals does???

Feb 5, 2019, 10:59 PM

Predict more to come as Saban starts to lose it over the next few years

Looks like he changed his mind.

Feb 7, 2019, 7:01 AM

He entered the portal, Nick talked to him then the kid withdrew from the portal.

My first thought, since I'v such love for Bama and Saban, is that the kids was protesting his lack of playing time. Both subjects were mentioned in one or the other of the two articles.

I don't suppose there's any reason for me to comment further.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like he changed his mind.

Feb 7, 2019, 8:20 AM

Don't shoot me here, but I would venture to say many or most of the Bama kids recruited are good kids but you have the ones that "stir the pot" and cause problems. It appears it's the difference is that recruits go to Bama as a stepping stone to the NFL, while they come to Clemson for the full experience, understanding the NFL piece of the puzzle is available as well.

I'm not sure Dabo would have talked a player out of the transfer portal. He would lay out the options and once the player chose, it is over (like KB). Now all the other "good" players at Bama, if they choose to use the option, have a way to get leverage for what ever they want. Let me play or I'm entering the portal. It won't take many events like this one to eat the program apart.

Thanks for listening (reading) to my rant.

Re: Looks like he changed his mind.

Feb 7, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Looks like he changed his mind. ]

Yes he has removed from the portal and does sound like a complaint about playing time. I don't see that Clemson ever offered him. Doubt he's a fit here.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic