Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Like our Offense but we don't use Amari nearly enough IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 916

Like our Offense but we don't use Amari nearly enough IMO

Jan 1, 2020, 10:09 AM

I know we don't use the TEs much, but a lot of that is because we don't have anybody dynamic at that position (Galloway could eventually be that guy in the future though). I just don't see a reason why we don't use Amari more though particularly if Tee and Ross are ineffective. Just like we should involve ETN in the passing game 3 or 4 times a game, the same should be done with Amari. He is equally as dynamic in the open field. I don't see why we don't call 3 or 4 plays per game for him as well. He's a guy that can turn shallow crosses and angle routes into to huge chunk plays. Hopefully, we're saving that for LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like our Offense but we don't use Amari nearly enough IMO

Jan 1, 2020, 10:54 AM

It would be interesting to know how many times each receiver (including TEs and RBs) was targeted against Ohio State. I do agree with you; Amari makes some big plays when he gets the ball in the open field, crossing routes etc. He does not seem to be as effective on deep routes (to my untrained eyes) although he did get us a holding penalty call against Ohio State. I am pretty sure that the coaches have him in their plans! We will need all our receivers to play well against LSU and keep that scoreboard ticking.

Agree. He isn't as good on deep routes

Jan 1, 2020, 12:45 PM

But I think that's mostly because he's so short and not as much about him being incapable. Steve Smith might be the only WR in the history of football that was short but was still great downfield. So, there's no shame in that. However, he's still one of the top 3 most explosive players on our offense. I've just always thought it was weird that we haven't found a way to get him touches outside of punt returns later in the season. I get easing him back in at the start of the season off the ACL, but he should be full go by now. It's almost like the coaches have forgotten how big of a weapon he can be. Hopefully they are saving him. He surprisingly has gotten even faster after the ACL surgery.

Replies: 2
| visibility 916
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic