Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think

Dec 30, 2020, 10:47 PM

that Notre Dame has a great shot at beating Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think

Dec 30, 2020, 10:48 PM

FL #####

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UF doesn't want to be there

Dec 30, 2020, 10:50 PM

Isnt it obvious?

Dec 30, 2020, 10:57 PM

You must not keep up with what's going on then. Florida's top four receivers are out and three defensive starters are out.

You Clemson fans should of all fan bases should know what happens when your best players cant play.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:04 PM

CAN'T play? WON'T play I think is a bit more accurate.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:44 PM

You must be mistaking. In the SEC, "It just means more."

I hate to give a coot a thumbs up; but gotta give credit

Dec 30, 2020, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

when credit is due. RWT is absolutely correct. At least the amazing SEC talent that is the FL Gators - and the seven players that opted out - left no doubt that they truly didn’t want to be here....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: I hate to give a coot a thumbs up; but gotta give credit

Dec 30, 2020, 11:09 PM

The NFL should opt-out of drafting players that quit on their team.

Re: I hate to give a coot a thumbs up; but gotta give credit

Dec 30, 2020, 11:09 PM [ in reply to I hate to give a coot a thumbs up; but gotta give credit ]

The NFL should opt-out of drafting players that quit on their team.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

Getting beat? Sure...see clemson vs notre dame in early november with the Clemson injuries. Getting dominated by big 12 team with zero defense? Cant explain that one. Obviously UF knew it was going to be an easy win so they sent there players on Christmas vacation knowing that when they would come back and they would only have 3 practices before the game. While Clemson has been in the playoffs, they have practices all over social media on Christmas day through the last few years. Maybe Dan Mullen should stop beine a cheerleader and actually practice some football. Embarrassing loss for UF and SEC LOL

I tell you one thing that doesn’t happen....

Dec 30, 2020, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

Getting beat 48-13 with 10 minutes to go.
It took a playoff team 2 OT on their home field to beat a Clemson team missing their starting QB and several players.
But if you think about it, we’ve been missing 3 starting receivers, and a couple of defensive starters (Justin Foster....then multiple games without Skalski, Xavier Thomas, Tyler Davis, etc....) practically the whole season.
Yeah...when our best players can’t play, the other guys step up instead of folding like Florida.

Exactly right...

Dec 30, 2020, 11:18 PM

great teams have great depth. Florida does not, nor committed team culture for that matter. Bowman should fit right in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean lose to a Top 4 team in double OT

Dec 30, 2020, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

on the road without the best player in colllege football. Is that what happens? Is that what is happening tonight?

Dec 30, 2020, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

Imagine how many games Clemson would lose if our best returning receiver missed the entire season and 2 other top returning receivers missed most of it.

Sounds like a great team UF has...

Dec 31, 2020, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

Keyword: TEAM

Dec 31, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

I understand the argument, but that was a shellacking. We lost in OT arguably missing a more important part of our team. Florida still got to put 11 people on the field each play and the ones that showed up I assume wanted to play at least in the first half. Enjoy the Sorry Excuse Conference.

Dec 31, 2020, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: After watching the Cotton Bowl, I'm starting to think ]

RWTT11 said:

You must not keep up with what's going on then. Florida's top four receivers are out and three defensive starters are out.

You Clemson fans should of all fan bases should know what happens when your best players cant play.

Clemson’s top 3 receivers have been out ALL year...and multiple defensive starters most of the year including the two returning starting DE’s...on top of that Clemson was without 6 starters on defense and went to ND and lost in double overtime...without their starting QB also...

No excuse to look that bad against a decent opponent and then quit during the game...yes the entire team, coaching staff, trainers quit during the first half! Pathetic!!!

They let OU set a record for rushing yards!!! The Big 12 hasn’t rushed for that many yards as a conference in a single year since they discovered the forward pass!!! Again...pathetic!!!

Dec 30, 2020, 11:14 PM

The transitive property doesn’t work in football

Dec 31, 2020, 8:06 AM

Actually the transitive property is a large part of how of the ranking is done in all sports. You just can't go using it selectively. People use games that should be considered outliers and come up with screwed up results. I don't care if it is a research paper or one of Bill Connelly's ranking systems, when you cherry pick data, you can't rely on the results.

I suggest you stop thinking

Dec 30, 2020, 11:21 PM

Alabama is going to plaster ND. Their receivers will make minced meat out of ND's secondary and eventually Najee Harris will pound their front 7 into submission. They will get tired of tackling him.

On the other side, ND's receivers just aren't all that good at getting open. It's a problem they've had for years.

ND's only hope is being able to run the ball consistently. That must avoid 3-and-outs, get first downs, run time off the clock to keep their own defense fresh and tire out Alabama's defense (at least a little).

I doubt very much that happens but it's their only shot. If ND punts 2-3 times in the 1st quarter, forget it.

I thought that before watching the Cotton Bowl.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:46 PM

Florida is consistently one of the most massively over rated teams in college football, heavily benefitting from the "SEC Effect" media boost. They were a decent, but not great team this year, and they gave Bama absolutely all they could handle. I still think Bama wins, but would not be one bit surprised if ND pulls the "upset".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nah, Bama will show up when it matters

Dec 30, 2020, 11:47 PM

They always do.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic