Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCCG Scenario - ND or Miami?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,569

ACCCG Scenario - ND or Miami?

Nov 4, 2020, 12:00 PM

Apologies if previously discussed or documented - if so please paste the link for me and I'll read it there.

But what if we beat ND and win out? We go to Charlotte. OK what if ND loses to Clemson but then wins out? And Miami, who doesn't play ND, wins out? How do they decide between ND and Miami who goes to Charlotte? They are both 1-loss teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

highest ranked team I believe is in.

Nov 4, 2020, 12:18 PM

It won't matter our Tigers will dominate either team.

Go Tiger Dump da dames

Re: ACCCG Scenario - ND or Miami?

Nov 4, 2020, 12:19 PM

Swoffie will allow them to join forces in an attempt to defeat Clemson.

Nov 4, 2020, 12:29 PM

While I dont think they have a real chance - other than mathmatical - .... but UNC could control their destiny after we beat ND.

Otherwise since UNC plays both but ND/daU do not go head to head, it will be interesting.

Nov 4, 2020, 1:14 PM

Sorry no clue as to how it will be decided. However, Swoffie never should have allowed 'domers to play in the title game. It robs a loyal ACC member of the opportunity, perhaps a players only chance to play in a championship game. I'm ok with letting them schedule all their games against us this year, but they need to either short or get off the pot.

We already do them a favor by allowing them to compete in the sports they want, which is a huge advantage to them, us not so much. If they are TOO GOOD to slum with us in football, then stay out of OUR championship.

Nov 4, 2020, 2:08 PM

Ironically, it could keep them out of the playoffs. Losing once to us wouldn't eliminate them provided it is a competitive game. Losing twice to us would all but eliminate them from the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2020, 4:08 PM

Yep and insult to injury....maybe....if ND get the ACCCG nod over a 1-loss Miami for whatever reason (which is STILL my question for this post)...ND losing 2 games may put Miami in the Orange Bowl and ND into another decent, maybe NY6 bowl.

Nov 4, 2020, 4:13 PM

OK, found it!

https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/23/FB_0923200510.aspx

Two-Team Tie
1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Head-to-head competition versus the team with the best overall win percentage and proceeding though the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken from first to last using the league’s tiebreaker policies.
3. Overall win percentage versus all common conference opponents.
4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.
5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Three-Team (or More) Tie
Three-team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tiebreaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three-team (or more) tie can be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format will then be applied).

1. Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.
2. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the conference with the best overall conference win percentage and proceeding through the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken first to last, using the league’s tiebreaker policies.
3. Combined win percentage versus all common conference opponents.
4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.
5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.
Note: Conference games against otherwise postseason ineligible teams will always be counted in the league standings and in application of the tie breaker policies.

Do both Miami and ND play North Carolina?

Nov 4, 2020, 6:40 PM

North Carolina will likely be the highest ranked team outside of Clemson, Miami and Notre Dame. Maybe VT or BC.
Seems like they both will get a bump for playing Clemson in this scenario. They both would want the higher number of wins over winning teams in the conference.

L.S.S. - if Miami and ND only have 1 loss ND gets the nod because they are very likely to be higher ranked. I think they also played Louisville when they were still ranked too!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,569
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic