Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC is on the way back.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

ACC is on the way back.

Jan 2, 2013, 6:16 PM

Clemson beats LSU
Georgia Tech crushes the real USC
Florida State took care of business
Virginia Tech wins ugly
Duke should have won. It's Duke.

West Virginia is on an island and their fans are starting to realize that their move may have been very dumb.

Any talk of the ACC blowing up is over now.

This was a very big bowl season for the ACC.

Next year is going to be awesome.

Go ND!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I agree***

Jan 2, 2013, 6:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. A Clemson win over UGA kicks things off!!!

Jan 2, 2013, 6:25 PM

ACC
ACC
ACC
ACC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA is losing 10 players on defense.

Jan 2, 2013, 6:28 PM

Probably Murray.

So we have to stop Gurshall.

Should be a good victory to start the season.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: UGA is losing 10 players on defense.

Jan 2, 2013, 7:39 PM

Same preparation we did for LSU + home game = we got this one gents.

and you can always count on uga having a very high % of it's

Jan 3, 2013, 2:26 AM

players suspended for the first game, or three!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe...

Jan 2, 2013, 6:30 PM

But something tells me that we haven't seen the endgame in conference realignment yet...

FSU and Clemson will not be going anywhere.***

Jan 2, 2013, 6:35 PM

Re: I agree***

Jan 2, 2013, 6:37 PM

Re: FSU and Clemson will not be going anywhere.***

Jan 2, 2013, 11:37 PM [ in reply to FSU and Clemson will not be going anywhere.*** ]

Can't say what will happen yet. I don't think we're looking to go anywhere but the ACC is far from being in control of their own destiny. If Jim Delaney poaches GT and/or UVA it will pull the last piece of the Jenga puzzle so far as the ACC is concerned and then Katy bar the door...

What is

Jan 2, 2013, 6:50 PM

The bowl record of PAC 12 and big 10 this season?

Big Ten is 2-5***

Jan 2, 2013, 7:36 PM

Pac 12 is 3-4

Jan 2, 2013, 7:38 PM

with Oregon still playing.

Also

Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM

The two losses the acc had were games the acc deserved to win, ncst and duke, what if acc went undefeated in bowls and Bama lost BCS title?

That was pretty much a win for Dook and

Jan 2, 2013, 7:05 PM

NCST was without their head coach and just maybe too many mistakes turning the ball over.

Great hire by NCST, imo.

Incoming member Syracuse defeated you-know-who,

Jan 2, 2013, 6:56 PM

Louisville plays Florida tonight, and Pitt's game is this weekend. A recent link to a Louisville site showed a thread of comments pro-ACC and congratulating Clemson, as did several other sites. Might be a long shot, but I'd like to see Louisville knock off Florida, and Pitt win their game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuse got much better as the yr went and were playing

Jan 2, 2013, 7:16 PM

With a mean streak. They handed wvus a$$ to them

I agree as well and would like to mention.

Jan 2, 2013, 6:58 PM

Pitt, Syracuse, & UL are much more than basketball add ons. I actually think UL may end up being the lowest of the 3.

Throw in those 6 ND games conference games as national exposure is a bit of a measuring stick as ND plays other big names in other conference. I have no problem with them being a half member (only missing 2 conference games a year). They can't win the ACC. Show me where we lose here please? Who knows maybe they don't join fulltime and we keep them/get 2 more? Win Win for all, imo.

Also, UNC and NCST have made nice head coaching hires, as well as Miami. A lot of Miami's future is about to become clear this year with the NCAA's ruling on them.

Next year will also be huge for PJ's verdict, imo.

And finally, VT has got to make a move on offense or just go ahead and hand things over to Bud Foster. He has earned it.

All in all I've always believed that college football has too many large schools across the country for 4 conferences with 16 teams. Plain and simple as that. 5-6 Bigs and 2-3 minors seems right.

So SEC enjoy your last little boost with your recruiting slant of lies, cause we just saw that Clemson is a national player without you. We will be in the Nation Championship hunt in 2013 from the begining, and that means just win baby!

Yeah, the ND thing was good for business.

Jan 2, 2013, 7:40 PM

If football's playoff system evolves enough to force conference alignment we are in the driver's seat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC is on the way back.

Jan 2, 2013, 7:52 PM

Really? The Clemson win was a big time win. Other than that the ACC did not have any big wins. In their defense no one played anyone worth a crap other than Clemson.

I will give you credit that you guys took care of business. It was the first time I have seen Boyd not crumble under pressure against a good defense. Several times he took the sack, threw it away or ran with the football instead of throwing it up for grabs. He had a great game as did the rest of your team. Nuk was unbelievable.

Too bad FSU got stuck playing a nobody two quality wins might have been big for the ACC.

Jan 2, 2013, 7:54 PM

I would say you are on the way back, but you never leave here.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well knows, "playing nobody." Michigan.***

Jan 2, 2013, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC is on the way back. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conference talk always ruffles chickens feathers.

Jan 2, 2013, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC is on the way back. ]

Beat Auburn.

Re: Conference talk always ruffles chickens feathers.

Jan 2, 2013, 8:09 PM

I think the biggest thing is that everybody is getting tired of all the SEC love from espn, the whole nation will soon be against that one conference.

Re: Conference talk always ruffles chickens feathers.

Jan 2, 2013, 11:47 PM

the whole nation is already against the SEC, that's why we love talking it up so much, it pisses everyone off. I will admit it's backfiring a little bit right now.

I would not go that far yet.***

Jan 2, 2013, 8:16 PM

So you think ACC is still on the way down?***

Jan 2, 2013, 8:18 PM

Did I mention Louisville is joining the ACC?***

Jan 2, 2013, 9:32 PM

Agreed. The teams that I hoped would all jump to the Big

Jan 2, 2013, 11:39 PM

XII and form an eastern division have all won their bowl games. Teams that are coming to the ACC have won their bowl games. Maybe we should just sit tight, and stay in the ACC. Things are looking up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who gives a F?

Jan 2, 2013, 11:43 PM

I'm a Clemson Fan! Not a damnconference fan.

I take great pleasure in watching our Conference brethren get kicked down the stairs.

To me..a prefect world is we running the table against our conference foes and the rest of them split wins and losses between themselves.

If you smell wood burning...its SEC fans struggling with this concept.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Great thinking. Why would Clemson fans want a better

Jan 2, 2013, 11:52 PM

product to sell to the networks? Yea, they're definitely struggling money wise????????

Jan 3, 2013, 1:58 AM

It's going to take more than 1 big win from Clemson to say the ACC is back. Loiusville (still Big East) brings hope and hype into the ACC but there has to be more than 2 good teams (FSU, Clemson)to say the ACC is "back". The ACC is heading in the right direction but the ACC needs more depth and a bigger sample size of quality o-o-c wins to declare its "back"

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic