Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 6, 2020, 7:51 AM

Friday, half day of work then on to max relaxing. Even had dinner at home.

Saturday, mowed the lawn and steamed Willie's picnic. Things went well until Sheryl Crow showed up and the feed went haywire.

Sunday, ventured out to a bar for the first time during this Covid stuff. It was the Irish pup on Pleasantburg and we were mostly outside.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Groovy

Jul 6, 2020, 7:57 AM

Running
Boating
Drinking
Friends
Kids
Pool
Playgrounds
No Sleep
Hangovers
Grilling
Eating

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Groovy

Jul 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

Rubbing it in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Groovy

Jul 6, 2020, 8:43 AM

Sorry dude. Forgot we had an infected one in the house. Hope you feel better soon!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you. Replace pool with lake.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Groovy ]

No running or playgrounds though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday-chilled out, did some yard work

Jul 6, 2020, 7:58 AM

Sat - checked out 2 breweries, J4th celebration on a Mtn top watching upstate fireworks. Drank too much
Chilled Sunday, spread some mulch.
ItSaulGoodMan!

Spent week at beach, everything was great

Jul 6, 2020, 7:58 AM

but apparently work went to shit while I was gone and alot of my team had to pick up for me while I was gone. Today is going to be terrible and I fully expect to be fussed at some time today, whether they lighten the blow or give it to me hard (TWSS)

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Killer

Jul 6, 2020, 8:05 AM

First of all - SarahAdidas's test came back negative... so she has a lot of things, but Corona ain't one of them.

I had a 4 day weekend, thanks to SA's fever.

The big fun this weekend was packing up the family and heading down to our Colleton County family compound and hanging out on the river Friday and Saturday. It was the first over-night trip down there since I got throw-up drunk with my buddies on Larceny Bourbon a decade ago. Generator, window AC unit and bunk beds really make things more liveable.

We spent the whole time swimming in the river, fishing, crushing beers, and building a screened porch on the cabin. Got into a bottle of High West Double Rye that was pretty pretty good.

Nobody got hurt, the kids cried when we left they loved it so much. It really made me feel good because my dad, brother, and I have been working to make this property "family friendly" for a decade and we're finally "there". My dad showed up saturday to do some bush-hogging and swam in the river with the kids. Good memories had by all.

I laid around the house all day sunday recovering. Made the kids clean up some and watched Independence Day. Convinced the kids it was a documentary.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

TMML

Jul 6, 2020, 9:16 AM

"Made the kids clean up some and watched Independence Day. Convinced the kids it was a documentary."

I still get crap from my kids for things like this I used to do. Awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet. Down to S.C. on Wednesday.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:07 AM

Got to spend a lot of time with my parents and grandparents. Took foster kid I’ve mentioned before out for the day to get a haircut and some shoes..that was fun. Played mandolin with my BIL on guitar one night and it was cool watching my grandmother with dementia, who doesn’t recognize her own house, sing old songs and know every word.

Left early sat to drive home. Highway was gloriously empty. Shot off fireworks in neighbor’s backyard, then filmed church Sun and posted to YouTube since we cancelled live services yet again. 9.9/10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did not know you played mandolin.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:25 AM

Mrs. Tig is about 3 weeks in on learning to play. I picked up a cheap mando for a buddy of mine and brought it home and she started, so we had to go back to the store and get her one once my buddy came to pick up the one I snagged for him. He flew to Nashville and had Gruhn recondition his family heirloom mando, a 1926 Gibson. It's gorgeous, and the appraised the finished product at over $4000. I grabbed a $50 used Johnson that came into the store while I was there hanging out so he would have a beater to drag to our acoustic jams. No way I'd want to bring that Gibson to our drunken shredfests! Mrs. ended up with a a nice F style Savannah for a shade over $100. I know a few chords at best, but it does seem to play pretty nice.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do, in the loosest sense of the word!

Jul 6, 2020, 8:36 AM

It was born out of necessity. In a church band that lets almost anyone play who wants to, you end up with a LOT of acoustic guitars from time to time, so I picked it up along the way to keep some variety. The way it’s strung I just think of it as dyslexic guitar and it was pretty natural. Once I figured out the pentatonic scales on it and got a decent tremolo down pat, I got comfortable with it.

Your buddy’s sounds super nice. Even more than with guitars, I can really pick up on the difference in sound between a nice mandolin and an entry level one. Mine was only a couple hundred bucks (a-style) but I think I’d like to find a little nicer f-style down the road at some point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't put hands on the Gibson, but I could definitely

Jul 6, 2020, 10:40 AM

tell the difference in the Savannah and $50 Johnson. I don't really play at all, but I know a few chords from mandos passing through my hands back when I used to buy and sell instruments.

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:10 AM

I believe I successfully avoided the rona...

Pretty low key, some yard work and chores, grilled a bazillion burgers and dogs for what seems like half of the rising Daniel HS Junior class, Had a few cold beers watched Byrson hit golf balls in apparent zero gravity.

8/10... would chill again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 6, 2020, 8:12 AM

Sucked. Covid. Self isolated and sweated my a$$ off and just felt kind like shyatt and weak. Watched tv.

Hope you feel better soon***

Jul 6, 2020, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Keep pumping vitamin D and heard Pepcid was a thing to take.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Hope you get over it quick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made the most of it.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:16 AM

Friday, a little sad because there was no Charlotte Black Crowes show with the concert crew. So sad in fact that I went and bought myself a new Fender bass, first Fender I've ever owned in 40 years of playing. Chased replacement lawnmower blades all over town, Lowes and Home Depot were out, the John Deere dealer was closed, finally found blades at Tractor Supply, and for half of what everybody else wanted for them. Went to Academy next door and bought a pair of flip flops to replace the 30 year old Clemson pair that I threw away that morning. Home to make a pizza and drink beers, then watched the Rock For Relief concert live stream. Very good show but was a little disappointed that Alice Cooper did a long interview instead of playing.

Saturday, a little sad because there was no Whitewater Center show with the concert crew. Got up and fixed tractor and fixed chainsaw. Then over to Joonyer's house #2 so Mrs. could check her bee hives and I did a few chores with the boy until she was finished. Then home for a shower, fill cooler, and over to RH Mom's for some quality pool time. Ate Smokin' Pig that she and Sis brought back from Clemson the day before, and home with the pup before the fireworks got too bad for her. Fell asleep in the Big Chair until Joonyer came to pick up his pup somewhere around midnight.

Sunday, chores around the house, a quick jaunt up to Guitar Center in Pineville to pick up the bass gig bag that I ordered on sale, back home via a Dollar Tree stop and a Dollar General stop, lots of bass playing in the afternoon, ate leftover Smokin' Pig, more bass playing, then laid around in laze until time for bed.

No 4th of July jam session, no holiday concerts, but new Fender Jaguar bass...gonna give the weekend 18.75/19 Covids.

Niiiice. What color is it?***

Jul 6, 2020, 8:43 AM

Capri orange.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:15 AM

Not by design, but I want the darker tone from the pau ferro fretboard, and that one only comes in orange in stock models. Oh well, guess I'll have to live with that. ;)

Purdy good. Worked a half-day Friday

Jul 6, 2020, 8:37 AM

Went to the lake and drank and ate. Woke up Saturday and cooked a real breakfast. Bacon, eggs, and toast. Went down to the water and swam and kids did tubing. Little bit of fishing. We kept it a small family gatherting though. Just wife and I, 3 kids, SIL and BIL, their two kids, MIL and FIL, Aunt and Uncle in laws, one of their kids and his girlfriend (she's on the fast track to membership), and BIL's parents. Cooked 3 Boston butts on the grill. Only 18 of us total I think. Plumber was bribed with one of the Boston butts though to come out and fix the septic tank. Kids went tubing. Watched firework show on the lake.

Sunday cooked another real breakfast. Packed up and went to Publix to get groceries for mom. Dropped off her groceries, and did the usual chores around her house. Made the mistake of eating the hot sausage for breakfast Sunday morning. About the time I hit the checkout line in Publix I could feel it hitting. Luckily made it back to mom's house in time to obliterate her bathroom. Came home, wife and kids stayed at the lake while I took care of mom. Came home and ran laundry and did a little work and went to bed. They got back around 9pm, as I took most of the stuff home already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cluster

Jul 6, 2020, 8:38 AM

Spent Friday looking for an open dentist for MiL who broke a tooth Thursday night turns out she’ll get to have 2 root canals on her birthday next week.

Saturday not much until decided to throw a couple of burgers on the pellet grill and flipped the switch- nothing happened

Sunday took controller on grill apart - wires are all there, fuse is good so as soon as 8:00 hits in OK I’ll be calling to order a new controller unit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Good...

Jul 6, 2020, 8:41 AM

Took Wed/Thur off so weekend started early.

My mom came up and stayed at our house and watched our kids and wife and I went to Asheville for 2 nights.

Saturday - hit pool with kids for a few hrs. Lots of hot moms out. Smoked some ribs that turned out great. Watched neighborhood fireworks...was pretty impressive. Rivaled a Disney show and lasted about 35 minutes. No idea how that is funded...I heard a family sponsors it every year. Had to cost 10's of $1000's.

Sunday - laid low. Went out and got some new shoes and threw football with son a few times. Was the 1 year anniversary of finding out I had kidney cancer. Took some time to reflect on being blessed to still be alive! Did my annual watching of the John Adams HBO series to celebrate the 4th weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good...

Jul 6, 2020, 9:03 AM

I started reading Rise to Rebellion by Shaara- if you like the JA series I think you’d like it

Congrats on 1 year

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Thanks man***

Jul 6, 2020, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Epic, still going one more day.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:52 AM

Just went to Publix, out of boar's head roast beef again. Wore mask

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not long enough to finish the projects

Jul 6, 2020, 8:54 AM

Started building an entertainment center over the weekend.

Took the router and made the cabinet doors out of poplar and MDF.

Built the boxes and painted them. Installed the french cleat to let the whole thing float on the wall.
Installed the LED light strip.

Ran out of paint Sunday night as I was about to do the last cabinet door., so I need to go back to home depot for more to finish up.

Attached is the current in-progress state of the project.

Overall, not a bad weekend, other than all the firework debris that is now in my back yard.

I'm currently stalled out on all of my projects

Jul 6, 2020, 10:04 AM

pending getting a decent table for my saw. Where I had it wasn't quite good enough quality to withstand the weight coupled with the extreme conditions of my shed. I really need to insulate that thing and get a window ac for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good table saw makes a big difference.

Jul 6, 2020, 10:42 AM

As do outfeed tables. If you don't have the space, think about getting some roller stands. they will make a huge difference, and can be had for like $30 each.

Went to Drive Shack with the fam on the 4th

Jul 6, 2020, 9:03 AM

Good times. First time to get my son hit the clubs

fyi, Drive Shack is the suburban version of TopGolf.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After reading your post I have this stuck in my head

Jul 6, 2020, 9:11 AM

Weird

https://youtu.be/9SOryJvTAGs

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

is that the thing I've seen way out past Short Pump?***

Jul 6, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Went to Drive Shack with the fam on the 4th ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very 4thy. Almost non-COVIDy.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:05 AM

Friday - worked late-ish, Korean food truck, watched 1st half of Hamilton.

Saturday - LAWWWWWWD satdee. Up and lots of exercise to begin the day. Karate with littlest APM, basketball with lil'APM, whiffleball with littlest APM. Lunch. Some work. Started prepping for 4th of July afternoon. Grilled veggie burgers for me and the missus. Watermelon, ice cream, corn, etc. The traditional 4th foods plus ice cold Dilly Dilly. Waited for it to get dark. Then had the biggest WWIII-sounding fireworks in the neighborhood ever. Eaten by skeeters. Took my second shower of the day before bed. Passed out from being in the sun and active all day.

Sunday - mostly like a zombie. Watched EPL, then watched an epic F1 race, and then LFC. Made things feel almost like April or May of a normal year. Ran an errand. Piddled around the house. THEN, to top off the holiday weekend, lil'APM is outside shooting hoops and gets stung on the mouth by something. Affected his lip and tongue. So off to urgent care he and Missus PAW go. Steroid shot in the but, benadryl, etc. But he was recovering nicely before bed at 11:00ish last night. Never got to finish Hamilton. Did not get sechsytime.

Oh well. Not bad overall. Maybe the funnest, most eventful weekend since the COVID sh*t.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worked my everloving a s s off

Jul 6, 2020, 9:10 AM

Took Thursday off to drive up to TN to check out some property - looks dope, probably buy later

Friday was company holiday. Had me a small crew hired for the weekend to knock out stuff around the house. We had a tree fall on fence, needed to replace exterior trim, pressure washed, etc.

Saturday laid floor down in my storage room. Went to BIL for some fireworks. Soberest 4th of July ever...too #### tired to keep drinking.

Sunday crew came back to finish up. Did all yard work. Installed new mailbox and ran into this pipe from hell. No idea what the hell was in there, but that sombich was at least 6 ft in the ground. Tried to yank it out w/ my truck (neighbors loved that lol), until finally said fuggit and sawzalled the dang thing.

I probably sweated out / drank 14 #### gallons of water this weekend. Sore as a hail. Now I need to do my selling dance to GTFO

Full of freedom.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:13 AM

Swimming at the sandbar, swimming at one of my boss's house. Where my wife got drunk off her ###.

More swimming, grilling, freedom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Perfect 5/7

Jul 6, 2020, 10:41 AM

Wife had to work most of the weekend so mine was full of freedom. Other than yelling at the dogs to quit barking (I have 2 corgis and they aren't scared of anything, but bark at everything loud), it was flawless. PS - This was the most fireworks of any year yet. People down here in Florida are insane. I'm a libertarian and even I'm like... y'all should probably wear some masks if you're in groups of more than 20 people and not shoot commercial grade fireworks while absolutely hammered off a wooden dock like that.

Extended

Jul 6, 2020, 12:15 PM

Wed evening took wife, broinlaw, sisinlaw striper fishing. We pulled in 25 from Hartwell.

Thurs morning, took stepdad fishing, we pulled 20 basses out of Russell.

Fri spent at inlaws at lake.

Sat spent at inlaws at lake.

Sun church over youtubes, pool at mom's

This morning I turned over all company property. I have training on 13th, first full week will be 27th of this month.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic