Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
7th seed in 10 team conference plays for championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,674

7th seed in 10 team conference plays for championship

Mar 8, 2020, 10:31 PM

Wofford gets 1 seed ETSU Monday

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 7th seed in 10 team conference plays for championship

Mar 9, 2020, 12:06 AM

Should have beaten them at their place before Christmas. We had the ball and a chance for a win but the ball bounced the wrong way.

Last week at home we were up 14 on ETSU in the second half and let it slip away.

ETSU Is more talented but we have played with them twice and not closed it out.

I would not be surprised if we won and made another NCAA or we could lose by 30....who knows with this team

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 12:25 PM

Are they.....inconsistent?

(Gasp.)

Mar 9, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 7th seed in 10 team conference plays for championship ]

Hopefully Hoover gets hot.

Mar 10, 2020, 12:12 AM

About what I expected this evening

1) ETSU is a #### good bball team and will make a serious run next week at the dance. If they are 11 seed, I would not want to be the six seed facing them particularly somewhere in the southeast

2) Wofford was out of gas after playing 4 games in 4 days. The legs were shot, the threes missing badly and the team had no energy left to make a final run. The dogs gave all they had but they were simply no more bark left.

Still not a bad season to make your conference finals and only be down two points with 10 minutes to play against a great team like ETSU.

After all of the losses from last year's 30 win team, I was pleasantly surprised with this year's team. We lost our best player of all time, Fletcher McGee. A bruising big player inside who dominated and who could not be replaced. Two of our top recruits wound up at Virginia Tech instead of Wofford along with a top transfer player who followed Young to the ACC. All three of the transfers to Virginia Tech were projected to start for Wofford this season

Three of the five projected starters on this year's team were in Blacksburg and two major starters from last year along with the head coach were all gone. I guess not bad at all to win 19 games and make your conference final and beat Furman two out of three games with all of those losses.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,674
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic