Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5* QB DJ U
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

5* QB DJ U

Apr 30, 2019, 6:09 PM

No longer expected to commit this Sunday as planned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5* QB DJ U

Apr 30, 2019, 6:11 PM

But is still expected to commit this month the exact date is unclear. The scheduled commit was always up in the air so this isn't a huge deal for those paying attention, but it does raise some questions.

Apr 30, 2019, 6:26 PM

Gonna need to a refill on the Pepcid until it’s a done deal with DJ

Apr 30, 2019, 6:28 PM

He's got my heart all over the place so far. Ready to lock him in as I think he's the key piece to this class and bringing the other super stars in with one final push.

Apr 30, 2019, 6:52 PM

Better keep our eyes open for LSU.......very strange goings on these days in Baton Rouge

Had stated he wanted to do a commitment video

Apr 30, 2019, 6:53 PM

On ESPN so maybe that’s in the works? Still nothing that would indicate that he won’t be choosing the good guys

Had stated he wanted to do a commitment video

Apr 30, 2019, 6:53 PM

On ESPN so maybe that’s in the works? Still nothing that would indicate that he won’t be choosing the good guys

Apr 30, 2019, 6:56 PM

It's taking longer than expected to quotes from the moving companies.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 9:25 PM

I didn't have such a good feeling about him being a lock for Clemson anymore after that article the other day where he talked glowingly about his last Oregon visit where he got to meet his favorite 2 QB's of all time apparently and in the section where they asked what he liked about Clemson it sounded pretty unenthusiastic and then he finished off with the statement that irked a good many on the board that noticed it where he said, "There was nothing that Clemson could have done differently."

Which maybe that statement is just him speaking off the cuff and the quote comes across a bit awkwardly or open to interpretation he didn't actually intend but for a lot of us it sounded like he was saying Oregon had kind of moved up in his mind and the appeal for Clemson was kind of losing its luster or something. Or even could be read as him accidentally revealing he isn't picking Clemson by saying we didn't do anything wrong it's just that the relationsihps he has now at Oregon and the really good experience felt more compatible to him or something.

Also, kind of wondered if he might feel a bit 'oh well' (intimidated or whatever) about not just the fact that TL won the NC game as a true freshman but the absolutely dominating way in which we won the game which I'm sure would probably kind of suck in a way since he now can't be the 'first' kid to have a similar season and type of NC win as a true freshman. And most likely even would only get to be sharing snaps at best for TL's Junior year with the scary thought that he may even stay 4 years since he's joked around about at least 2 more NC wins maybe 3 even. He is kind of a quirky dude that does things his way if you think about it...you never know.

And then you know the other school coaches are trying to sell the whole crap like...why go there when you won't even have the play time TL got as a freshman unless TL has some unexpected collapse in performance or other issue I don't want to imagine that lets him clearly win the starting job as a freshman. And then be like...why go there when you won't stand out when you can come here and be a star that single-handedly turns our season around straight to the Playoffs ourselves where you can actually BEAT TL as a freshman. Blah blah blah...

Either way, DJU will have to seriously either just love Clemson as a school and a family to make none of those concerns matter or have a ridiculous level of self-confidence to the point that he's basically telling himself that he isn't even concerned because he WILL perform well enough to take the starter job by 4-5 games into season just like TL did...

Or do you guys think he really doesn't care about any of that stuff? He may not...just know that's the kind of stuff I'd be considering because how can someone not think about it really going into the situation he will be coming into at Clemson in 2020.

May 1, 2019, 12:59 PM

He's stated more than once that although he would look at playing time, the culture at the school is the most important factor and how he feels about his relationship to the coaches and the players he will be surrounded with. I'm confident that his family doesn't want him to play in the PAC-12, they want him on the biggest stage in either the SEC or ACC.

I'more concerned about whether he will eventually end up playing baseball and that will depend upon the draft.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic