Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
25 Most Beautiful Campuses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

25 Most Beautiful Campuses

May 10, 2018, 2:42 PM

And according to Southern Living Clemson is #3
https://www.countryliving.com/life/g3658/most-beautiful-college-campuses/?src=arb_fb_m&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=arb_fb_m

I hope that pasted in correctly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 25 Most Beautiful Campuses

May 10, 2018, 2:49 PM

USCjr 10th...lutz. Garbage list

cofc 23rd. Should be top 5

Coc is like scar

May 10, 2018, 2:52 PM

If you look at a small portion of the campus is looks great. You hang a left, go across the wrong street you are stabbed.

The ugliest part of clemson is the fmo area between fike and the quads. The rest of the campus is nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Coc is like scar

May 10, 2018, 4:12 PM

Clearly you havent visited CofC in the last decade.

I agree with the previous poster - C of C campus is meh.

May 10, 2018, 7:54 PM

Not as bad as the University of South Carolina, as Charleston is a lot better city than Columbia. But he is right that urban campuses like that can have pockets of nice areas but quickly turn into ugly or unsafe areas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I grew up in GC .been to Charleston

May 11, 2018, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Coc is like scar ]

Dozens of times. .use to use coc's library often in high school. Patronized many a bar during the summets when i was in college, .and was just down there last fall.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 10, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 25 Most Beautiful Campuses ]

Yep, with them listed at 10th, it takes a lot away from the 3d place vote that we got....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: 25 Most Beautiful Campuses ]

Everything that I see there suggests it's not a ranking of the campuses, just a list of 25 campuses in no particular order.

Having Scar above UVA and UNC is very laughable

May 10, 2018, 2:57 PM

While I may not like their fan bases UNC and UVA are very beautiful campuses. Va Tech should at least be in top 25. William and Mary prob too low as well. Don’t agree w Texas so high.

It's abundantly clear...

May 10, 2018, 7:01 PM

that whoever compiled the poll never actually visited very many, if any, of them.

Having $CU above UVA and UNCheat is beyond laughable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

FSU is also way too high

May 10, 2018, 3:06 PM

I used to live in Tallahassee. This list is not looking at the campus as a whole but just isolated parts, which is how SC ends up on it. FSU's campus is in the middle of downtown and blends in with the state office buildings and law offices that are everywhere. There's the one nice part (Landis Green, I think?) that's pictured, but other than that - no way.

I think if they evaluated it by looking at the entire campus, rather than just the featured parts, Clemson would still be top 5, but the rest would be very different.

Some of my family went to Berry College in W Georgia, near Atlanta. Hands down, it's one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen. So is Furman's, but I guess they are looking at just the big schools.

I'm all about Clemson.....

May 10, 2018, 3:18 PM

but I gotta say that Sewanee (University of The South) is awe-inspiring kind of beautiful, and would get my #1 vote. It's built on top of a daggum mountain. And all their buildings look like castles or something from a Excalibur movie.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sewanee/3179269881

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but I’ve visited some of these fine campuses & My Dear Alma Mater Clemson is Not #3 imho.

May 10, 2018, 3:34 PM

But hey, all of them are extremely beautuful in certain ways in my book!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, but I’ve visited some of these fine campuses & My Dear Alma Mater Clemson is Not #3 imho.

May 10, 2018, 4:46 PM

We should have been clearly #1, right Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Whatsamatta U or Truth U?***

May 10, 2018, 3:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

At least they left off that Washington and Lee dump

May 10, 2018, 4:14 PM

of a campus. Buncha leftist snowflakes at that liberal arts school anyway.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No credibility. UsuC 10th?***

May 10, 2018, 5:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 6:32 PM

Completely bogus list except that on any list Clemson is 70% better than scar

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 7:42 PM

Hold on everybody, as tmac9wr noted above: "Everything that I see there suggests it's not a ranking of the campuses, just a list of 25 campuses in no particular order." Exactly, there is no order of first-to-last, or top-to-bottom, or bottom-to-top in this periodical's list of the most beautiful college campuses in the South. However, dear old Clemson would certainly be at the top.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic