Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2018 Offensive question marks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

2018 Offensive question marks

Mar 4, 2018, 10:25 AM

QB: I think everyone agrees that it is KB’s job to lose, but who is the next threat? From a few inside sources, HJ has really made a big jump over the offseason. Could be the biggest threat but has Trevor on his heels.

RB: Is this the year we see Tavien tap into his potential? TF and ETN could have a really big year and have numbers similar to Spiller and Davis, if not better.

WR: Hunter Renfrow is obviously a lock. Hearing Thompson and Amari are the other 2 guys going into the spring. Does Thompson have what it takes to hold off Tee, Overton, and the biggest WR commit we’ve had in a few years with Justyn Ross?

TE: Who will step up in this group and take the role that Jordan Leggett left behind? Milan Richard played well, but was no where close to the threat of TE’s Dabo has had since he’s been here. Does Galloway have a shot in the fall?

OL: Returning a lot of snaps from the team a year ago. However, does Jackson Carman have a chance to start this year? Have heard that he’s overweight at the moment and coaches are wanting to slim him down a little.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TJ Chase at WR seems like he will be in the mix.*****

Mar 4, 2018, 12:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TJ Chase at WR seems like he will be in the mix.*****

Mar 4, 2018, 12:03 PM

TJ Chase is definitely a guy who could get in there and play a lot. He gets lost in the mix but Chase is a baller. Look forward to seeing his development in next few years

Maybe Garret Williams will step it up at TE?*****

Mar 4, 2018, 12:04 PM

Re: 2018 Offensive question marks

Mar 4, 2018, 12:34 PM

Chase and Kendrick will make a impact this year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 4, 2018, 1:12 PM

Improved play at quarterback! Can Bryant become a pass first with deep threat accuracy over a run first qb?

Mar 4, 2018, 1:14 PM

I agree. If KB2 can’t become a deep passing threat then HJ and TL get their chances early on. Will be interesting to see and surely not a bad problem to have when you’ve got 2 former #1 QB’s on the depth chart

Mar 4, 2018, 1:37 PM

The problem is that KB won’t have to show if he’s improved in the passing game against most teams we play. He will be able to do exactly what he did last year, pass for 185 yards and run for 65 yards on 20 carries. That performance will beat most of the teams on our schedule because our d is so good and we just our talent most. That will be just enough for him to start. But we all know that’s not going to win it all, and we won’t know if he can do it until it’s too late, again.

I was at DV yesterday, and thought TL looked great. Big,

Mar 4, 2018, 1:36 PM

accurate arm, and put the ball in the WRs hands with each throw. KB looked good, but threw an interception when I was watching. HJ looked good as well, but was errant on several passes in the hurry up offense.

DL looked good, no surprise there.

I watched for about 45 minutes, but had some other business in Clemson and couldn't stay for the full practice. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic