Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Delegate count without super delegates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Delegate count without super delegates

Mar 9, 2016, 8:59 AM

Rigged

http://koin.com/2016/03/08/are-superdelegate-counts-skewing-election-results/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about "rigged".

Mar 9, 2016, 9:05 AM

It's the way the Democratic party has chosen to operate for a long time, right? They have delegates that represent the people, and delegates that represent party leadership.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Schultz- "I know nothing..." Prototypical of the problem.

Mar 9, 2016, 9:30 AM

Superdelegates are the DNC's equivalent of the #NoTrump GOP establishment. The backlash scares the Billary camp, and Shultz.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know about "rigged".

Mar 9, 2016, 9:35 AM [ in reply to I don't know about "rigged". ]

When the people of Michigan vote for Bernie, but then the Delegate's (supposedly representing the people) vote Hillary.......well, your post just doesnt make sense.

the RNC is wishing it had it this yr lol

Mar 9, 2016, 9:37 AM

look for that to happen in the near future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got that right.***

Mar 9, 2016, 10:11 AM

Brokered conventions are already part of the rules

Mar 9, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to the RNC is wishing it had it this yr lol ]

Since, in the Republican Party, people elect delegates who are bound to a candidate, it's not an entirely democratic nomination process either. As far as I know, at the convention the delegates have to go wherever the candidate wants them to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good answer, unfortunately the boobirds don't care for

Mar 9, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to I don't know about "rigged". ]

good answers.

Go opposing Tigers, have the decency to post the truth.

Maybe we should do this in the general election, There would

Mar 9, 2016, 9:43 AM

be "Super Voters", and then there would be the rest of us.

In all seriousness, what is the purpose of a super delegate?

Are the Dems afraid of their own constituency?

to nominate someone the dnc wants, not the people***

Mar 9, 2016, 9:45 AM

For once, we agree. +1...***

Mar 9, 2016, 9:57 AM

To insulate from the will of the majority.

Mar 9, 2016, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Maybe we should do this in the general election, There would ]

This is not a new concept...it's the reason we have a republic, not a democracy.

I'm not saying I think "superdelegates" are a good thing...I just don't think it's necessarily corruption.

nobody said corruption

Mar 9, 2016, 10:12 AM

just rigged. When a candidate wins the state and gets far less delegates, that is rigged.

Well, I would say it's only "rigged"

Mar 9, 2016, 10:14 AM

If the superdelegates are voting a certain way because they are being coerced in some way. If not, then the superdelegates are just exercising their vote like everyone else.

"Everybody else" doesn't get to remain a part of the elite.***

Mar 9, 2016, 10:18 AM

*shrugs****

Mar 9, 2016, 10:22 AM

Atlas...? Maybe just a Dem version...?***

Mar 9, 2016, 10:28 AM

Are primary elections even legally regulated?

Mar 9, 2016, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Maybe we should do this in the general election, There would ]

I'm pretty sure they're just run by the parties. The parties have decided that it was better for their registered voters to take the lead in picking their candidate rather than for party leaders to be take the main role in picking them. But that doesn't mean the parties couldn't make rules that would change the way nominations work.

So the Super Delegates would be kind of like unelected representatives of the party who are entrusted to pick the best candidate, rather than being bound to pick based on who got more votes.

"Kind of like"? No. That's exactly what they are, though

Mar 9, 2016, 11:02 AM

some are elected...

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic