Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As you watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

As you watch

Jan 6, 2021, 11:48 AM

The Tiger basketball team this year do you get the impression that Coach BB is still experimenting with his players and is trying to make sure the right guys are in the games at crunch time? Thus far, he has really substituted a lot and should have an idea of who is playing together the best. In last nights game, he had Hemenway in the starting lineup for the first time. I have watched closely how he plays Trapp and he obviously has a lot of confidence in him. I think we all know that,given time, Hall will be a top level player. Apparently Newman has an injury problem. Does anyone know why he is out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way he plays Trapp confuses me at times...

Jan 6, 2021, 11:52 AM

As an example, having him in at the end of the FSU game made absolutely no sense to me when we had better ball handlers and FT shooters on the bench.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The way he plays Trapp confuses me at times...

Jan 6, 2021, 12:05 PM

I can only think it is trying to us the experience of a senior. I have seen Trapp makee some great plays at critical times. I have also seen him do some things that make you shake your head

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 12:07 PM [ in reply to The way he plays Trapp confuses me at times... ]

I have watched him probably more closely than any other player this year. I think Coach likes the way he attacks the basket late in games. He has looked good doing this. I hope he is working on his free throws. He has improved I admit.
Dawes is a special player and with the addition of Honor to the lineup, the Tigers aren’t likely to fold in big games. Baehre and Tyson bring a lot to the game too.

Jan 6, 2021, 12:21 PM

the barely get it to the front of the rim ft drives me nuts. No chance to make that. Get it up on the rim and you have a chance. He is often just getting one of two to the rim where it has a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just remember how important Trapp is on the defensive

Jan 6, 2021, 12:34 PM [ in reply to The way he plays Trapp confuses me at times... ]

side of the ball. Yes he drives me crazy on offense (really crazy), but he is an excellent defender. If he takes good smart shots he can be huge. He can drive to the basket and create opportunities. Just don't shoot 3s unless we are up by 15.

Wow 80k posts...prolific!***

Jan 6, 2021, 1:08 PM [ in reply to The way he plays Trapp confuses me at times... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One simple offensive play that seems to ALWAYS work

Jan 6, 2021, 12:29 PM

Let Simms post up, and get the ball on the block. The D is likely going to collapse down and provide open 3 opportunities. The hi/lo last night was beautiful.

What is dreadful to watch is just running down and throwing up a 3. Especially if you are not shooting well. Simms cannot shoot a 3 unless we are up by 15. He plays so well with his back to the basket. But we rarely use it.

This team can be really really good if we figure out how to play smarter on offense. That is the only thing that would keep this team out of the top 10. Work the ball around, and take good shots. Use your top power forward to create openings elsewhere.

There are only a handful of players that should be shooting 3s. Just be smarter with your possessions and we can win the ACC.

^^^I completely concur with this assessment^^^***

Jan 6, 2021, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, but Hemenway also started against Miami. Hope

Jan 6, 2021, 12:58 PM

he gives Hall more minutes. Is getting less tha 15 a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic