Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And Valerie goes YARD . . .
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

And Valerie goes YARD . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 12:21 PM

to give our Ladies a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 1st!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Valerie goes YARD . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 12:30 PM

just what the girls needed after a tough day yesterday was a good quick start and they got it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top of 2nd . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 12:37 PM

Cagle gives up lead off triple . . . then strands her there!!!

6-3 groundout . . . K swinging . . . F-8

Tigers coming to the plate . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom of 2nd . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 12:46 PM

w/ 2 outs . . . Clark doubles to left driving in Logoleo and Shannon . . . 4-0 Tigers

She crushed that ball into the moat!***

Mar 27, 2021, 12:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Softball pitching questions, for those who know a lot more than me.

Mar 27, 2021, 1:14 PM

It seems like Cagle pitches for us about 90% of the time throughout the season.

Does softball pitching put that much less wear and tear on the body compared to baseball?
Does she ever need a break mentally, or is it better to just keep her momentum going?

Is there any concern that we may not be developing other young pitchers?

Didn’t we have a girl pitch a no-hitter last season, and she is still on the roster? (Caymol?)
Is Cagle just that much better than her?

I enjoy watching softball. Just trying to understand a little better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly not an expert....

Mar 27, 2021, 2:02 PM

Softball pitching puts a lot less stress on the body. I learned how to throw underhand (not very well) when my daughter starting pitching and it was obvious that it was less stressful. One of the drills was to stand at the outfield fence and throw to home plate.

Cagle's used to the mental aspect as well as the physical having played travel ball she's gone through the wear & tear of pitching back to back games, multiple games, etc. + she wants the ball.

Our other young pitchers, particularly Thompson and Spencer, are doing great and have had some great outings; my guess is their success has kept Caymol from getting much playing time. Cagle is definitely our ace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I especially like Millie Thompson . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 2:34 PM

our lone leftie pitcher . . . something about her release has a little quirky, jerky motion to it . . . I’m looking for big outings from her in the future!!!

Me too...such a change from Cagle...Millie’s changeup

Mar 27, 2021, 3:03 PM

Just rolls off the table. Love the grunt and intensity.

Tigers flash the leather to shut doook down . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 1:22 PM

in the Top of 4th . . .

Pitching underhanded is much less wear and tear . . . as for other pitchers???? . . . We have 4 others, with Caymol seeing less circle time due to our new arrivals having better stuff . . . Hard to believe

Valerie is the only one we have that can ring up 70+ mph . . . She is at another level altogether.

Thanks! Go Tigers!***

Mar 27, 2021, 1:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers flash the leather to shut doook down . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Tigers flash the leather to shut doook down . . . ]

I'm sure that I couldn't put a bat on one of cagle's pitches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers flash the leather to shut doook down . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 1:47 PM

Shoot I probably couldn’t even bunt one...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cagle in addition to her speed, spins the ball well and she

Mar 27, 2021, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Tigers flash the leather to shut doook down . . . ]

throws a great change up. She keeps the ball low with her fastball and has a good rise ball.

One thing that grates on my nerves about Whitlock when he calls the game is that he's alluded that she is wild at the beginning of the games...he's said it more than once. That's BS. it's how she was coached. She is picking at the corners and determining the ump's strike zone...she is in total control and can hit her zones precisely. Same with these Duke pitchers. You'll often see SB pitchers go deep in the count...it is how they were coached. Think of Greg Maddox style pitching.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

Did she even walk a batter today?

Mar 27, 2021, 2:29 PM

I know she hit one early, but honestly don’t remember her walking any.

Good points you made about pitching philosophy . . . I rarely listen to the broadcast, opting solely to view it. I have no clue who the announcers were.

Great job by the entire team today . . . I told y’all it was my fault they lost yesterday!!!

I don’t think she did...good announcers today with

Mar 27, 2021, 3:01 PM

Amanda Scarborough and Jenn Hildreth for ESPN.

Top of 5 . . .

Mar 27, 2021, 1:31 PM

After the first out a fly ball to right is misplayed by Oda . . . tough play, but one she expects to make . . . putt8ng another runner in scoring position

Next hitter hits a grounder with eyes gently up the middle scoring one . . . 4-1 Tigers

Gilstrap flashes leather again turning a line drive up the middle into a F6-3 double play . . . Tigers coming to bat

Tigers threaten after Clark’s lead off double to left but come up short in the bottom half . . . On to the 6th

Top of 6

Mar 27, 2021, 1:59 PM

Dooook continues to pound the ball . . . thankfully right at our Gals

Bigham and Gilstrap flash leather again to keep the score 4-1 Tigers

Bottom of 6 . . . Even though we were gifted 2 walks, we couldn’t score . . .

Three more outs Ladies and we break their streak!!!

Skeeta...........

Mar 27, 2021, 2:09 PM

Who's your favorite player? I like Gilstrap.

Excellent choice!!!

Mar 27, 2021, 2:15 PM

Gotta love her fight . . . my youngest son’s significant other is struggling with the same condition Ansley whipped . . . Chiaria(sp)

Too many to choose from for me . . . athletically you can’t beat Clark . . . worth to the team, Cagle can’t be replaced . .
but we have sooooo many that simply do their jobs and play as a team!!!

Re: Excellent choice!!!

Mar 27, 2021, 2:18 PM

Prayers for your son's sweetie! That's quite a challenge, but I will definitely be praying for her. I'm sure Ansley must be an inspiration for her.

All prayers welcomed!!!

Mar 27, 2021, 2:24 PM

And thanks!!!

Mar 27, 2021, 2:12 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QWTa9CE51sA

Valerie facing 9, 1 and 2 in the Top of 7

Mar 27, 2021, 2:21 PM

Retires them 1, 2, 3 . . . getting 2 Ks ending the Doook win streak @ 20 games

The big girl in the circle for doook, Peyton St George, is a looker!!! She’s their Valerie, having pitched two complete games so far also . . . She hits 68-69 mph on the gun

Cagle hit 73 today several times but ended the game on a 59 mph change up!!!

Sa-weet WIN Tigers!!!!!!!

Re: Valerie facing 9, 1 and 2 in the Top of 7

Mar 27, 2021, 4:59 PM

Yeah, but she is a Dookie, and therefore an arrogant snob!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2021, 2:21 PM

Great Win.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vaaaaa-aaalerie. I know it ain't spelled the same, but in

Mar 27, 2021, 5:35 PM

honor of, from WAY back in the Cheese Vault.

https://youtu.be/QWTa9CE51sA

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic