Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson doesn't make cut for 5-star DT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Clemson doesn't make cut for 5-star DT

Apr 2, 2021, 10:40 AM

5-star 2022 defensive tackle Walter Nolen (Cordova, Tn.) just released a top-8 and Clemson was not included in that mix, but he does say his recruitment is still "wide open."

The Tigers were previously in his top-10.

https://twitter.com/WalterNolen4/status/1377992230401626113

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is very surprising

Apr 2, 2021, 10:45 AM

Recruiting is a crazy business, but I thought he might end up at Clemson

So if your recruitment is still "wide open"...

Apr 2, 2021, 10:50 AM

why name a top eight or does that simply mean it's wide open among his top eight.

I do think its funny all these east coast kids list Oregon and SoCal among their favorites when most of them have no real intention of attending either of those schools.

I think its a matter of taking advantage of a free trip out west and/or to see some pretty nice facilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So if your recruitment is still "wide open"...

Apr 2, 2021, 10:57 AM

I actually think USC and Oregon are putting a REALLY HARD sell on the NIL stuff and how much money their is in L.A. and Nike to give to these kids.

I the idea of being able to get paid "big money" is very much attracting kids from all over the country, even if at this point the promises are basically empty.

Video clip speaks for itself.

Apr 2, 2021, 10:53 AM

https://youtu.be/FFrag8ll85w

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson doesn't make cut for 5-star DT

Apr 2, 2021, 10:54 AM

I don't know how Dabo deals with situations as this one, with not even having Clemson in his top 8, but if I was the HC, not one more minute, or one more nickel would go into recruiting a HS recruit that does list a a Top 4 school as one of the places that he would play at. He would be 110% taken out of the Clemson FB recruiting cycle, and that would also be the case if he now decided to add Clemson bc he may have dropped someone else!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Too many fish in the sea ...” Time to reel in and

Apr 2, 2021, 11:07 AM

and cast elsewhere.

Heard from one of the staff that more than not, WE cut recruiting

Apr 2, 2021, 11:22 AM

Ties if/when (not saying this is 100% what’s happening here) there is something coaches see or hear or if recruit is not willing to do recruiting in the steps outlined by us. Not being willing to comply to certain things is a character issue that may not fit the culture Dabo is curating. That means we will miss OR “dis” the cut of high profile candidates. Also, Breese, Davis, Capehart, Williams, and Paige say we too deep!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard from one of the staff that more than not, WE cut recruiting

Apr 2, 2021, 2:35 PM

Absolutely my first thought was that We cut Him from our list. Even for recruits not interested in Clemson, they want Clemson's name in their list.

Apr 2, 2021, 11:24 AM

He was never going to go to Clemson. He will go to LSU or Georgia, maybe Bama or Michigan. Even the OSU insiders that I trust say there is a 99% chance he does not end up there either, and he wants to take officials there. Their is a reason that I named LSU and Georgia as leaders.

Apr 2, 2021, 11:44 AM

Hopefully we don't miss on Travis Shaw.

Apr 2, 2021, 2:15 PM

I know they are hard on Shaw. I never really heard this kids name. How many DT's are the Tigers looking at taking this cycle?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic