Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama

Feb 26, 2021, 3:14 PM

5-star QB target commits to Alabama

Five-star 2022 quarterback Ty Simpson (Martin, Tenn.) announced a commitment to Alabama on Friday, picking the Crimson Tide over Clemson and Tennessee. Simpson Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama

Feb 26, 2021, 3:16 PM

We backed off. His handler wanted money. Bama paid him. He was overrated. On serious note, I wish him the best aside when they play us eventually in the playoff.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:32 PM

We've lost a couple of highly rated targets lately. Gonna have to have a long talk with New Spring management.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 3:37 PM

It does hurt when the only other team at your level walks in and eats your lunch and steals a commitment in a weeks time. Miss Jeff Scott in times like these.

Feb 26, 2021, 5:10 PM

What we miss more is an at home visit from Dabo and official on campus visits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

What????? Who is “his handler”?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 11:28 PM

His mommy! She knows college Biz!!

We need to get kids on campus. We are losing a little pace against Bama and OSU. Their recruiting is really elevated recently if you base on overall rates.

Woohoo, go get it! Love me some Clemson cruits!

Feb 26, 2021, 3:17 PM

Wow! Unexpected??

Feb 26, 2021, 3:19 PM

Good kid ...good family ...

Can’t get them all...

Feb 26, 2021, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

All this changed in the last 5 days, been waiting on this to offer and GET Cade Klubnik from Austin.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:26 PM

IDK about Cade, maybe I’m
Biased from growing up in Austin, but Austin doesn’t produce good QB’s. I don’t know if we can afford taking a clipboard holder 2 years in a row if we keep having QB’s leave after their Jr year.

Cade is from the same high school

Feb 26, 2021, 4:30 PM

that produced Drew Brees, Nick Foles and Sam Ehlinger...

Re: Cade is from the same high school

Feb 26, 2021, 5:41 PM

Drew Brees, yes. The other 2, not so much. KB was better than Ehlinger and I think it’s safe to say we want better play than we got out of KB. Files is a serviceable NFL and was a decent college player. You’ll typically find better in the Austin area if you head out to Lake Travis.

Feb 26, 2021, 7:59 PM

KB was a better qb than Ehlinger?

Lol. That’s hilarious. Ehlinger was a better passer and runner than KB and it wasn’t even close. His production and stats blew out KBs and again, it isn’t even close. Ehlinger won’t be an NFL qb, but he was a dang good college qb who played on a team with zero defense all four years he was the starter. If Ehlinger played for Clemson in 2017, we would have had a chance at beating Bama and winning it all.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:32 PM

Ehlinger was garbage and only got the hype that he did because he played at Texas and everyone always wants them to “be back”. He won’t play in the NFL, because he’s not that good, and definitely doesn’t have the it factor to get it done when the bright lights are on. Regardless, he’s not someone I would tout as an example of Westlake producing QB’s, and the Austin area isn’t know for its high level competition (you’ll find that in Houston, Dallas, and East Texas) and I say that as someone who played in that area. Maybe Cade is real good, but I’d have to look more into his stats during the playoffs to get a real indicator.

Feb 27, 2021, 1:25 PM

Ehlinger was garbage huh. Well, I’d love to see what a decent qb would be if he’s garbage.

He only combined for 127 tds in 3.5 years as a starter (94 passing tds, 33 rushing tds) and 13,343 yards of offense.

He led his team to 8 wins vs ranked teams including a 3-2 record over top ten teams (also a bowl win over #11 Utah, a very good team that year). So to say he doesn’t perform when the lights come on is just incorrect. He played very well in big games most of the time.

You obviously have some kind of a bias against this kid and Texas, or you are just unaware of how good this kid was. Well the latter is pretty obvious because you said KB was a better qb and called him garbage. No he won’t play in the NFL, like I said before, but he was a great college qb. I’d compare him to Tajh Boyd, who also had massive numbers and a bunch of big wins under his belt, but wasn’t NFL material. Would you call him garbage too?

Ahma go ‘head and trust the coaches.***

Feb 26, 2021, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Cade is from the same high school ]

null

Feb 26, 2021, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

I would expect that Monday Clemson will be on the phone with him tob make an offer. They probably wouldn’t wanna do it today or over the weekend and make it look too obvious, but clearly we were waiting on Simpson before we offered.

Feb 26, 2021, 4:30 PM

The articles I've seen with his interviews is he understands how Clemson operates... That every offer is commitable and Dabo holds to his word that we're taking one QB this cycle and that's it. Unlike all the other schools.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really

Feb 26, 2021, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

Everyone knew Bama/Saban was making a hard push for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Not really

Feb 26, 2021, 4:36 PM

How much you think it played into his decision that he's riding the pine 1st year no matter what, behind DJU.

Feb 26, 2021, 5:40 PM

How much you think it played into his decision that he's riding the pine 1st year no matter what, behind DJU.

You do know that Bama has a 5 star that was ranked ahead of DJ

That hasn’t played a meaningful snap yet . . .

Feb 26, 2021, 5:49 PM

Do you really know there’s cornflakes in the box before you see them come out and settle in the bowl . . . and you pour milk over them . . . and taste them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really ]

And DJ went head-to-head several times in high school with that kid and that kid had a better team and DJ beat him!

Feb 26, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Not really ]

Feb 26, 2021, 5:17 PM

Odds are he is sitting behind the guy who was rated over DJ by some services. That would be the Lilliputian Bryce Young.

Feb 26, 2021, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

Vol fans are gonna be pumped to land him in the transfer portal 2023.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:23 PM

C A D E K L U B N I K. Offer now.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:41 PM

Reminds me of when Lou Holtz was at Notre Dame and came to S.C. in the waning days of recruitment and stole a QB from us that was leaning our way. I believe his name was Tony Horne but I may be mistaken on the name. Money talks and Dabo won't pay and I'm thankful for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Rice from Woodruff HS***

Feb 26, 2021, 3:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Tony didn't qualify academically per ACC requirements

Feb 26, 2021, 3:51 PM

Rumor had it "he" took the SAT 5+ times

Feb 26, 2021, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

I unironcially prefer Bubba Chandler. He doesn’t have the stars but if you watch his highlights the talents THERE. You can’t tell me a difference between Bubba and any 5 star. I think he’s gonna be a starting QB

Feb 26, 2021, 3:49 PM

Maybe, but college football is a QB driven game and you can’t afford to miss there. We learned that with KB. Unless you’re elite there, you’re not going to win a title. I hope he’s at least serviceable because right now, it DJ gets hurt, we’re in serious trouble.

Feb 26, 2021, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

I don't know how to judge a player that is obviously physically superior to the players he is playing against. He can see the entire field, because he is taller. Put him in a different situation, I don't know how that pans out. I hope you are right.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:44 PM

D'oh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 3:55 PM

Should have been going with the Texas kid all along. I’d rather have 20 4?? that actually love Clemson and want to be there then 20 5?? who had no clue who Clemson was before the playoffs. Gotta get back to what started this run and it’s the guys who truly want to be Tigers.

Feb 26, 2021, 4:09 PM

Agreed. Dabo doesn't throw out lots of "offers". I'm sure he/they told Cade..."We offered someone already, if he doesn't come, we want you." As soon as Simpson went to Bama, Cade was 100% crystal ball for Tigers, even though he hasn't been offered yet. Last year we gave out 81 offers and got 19, compared to Bama - 216 and OhioStrait - 175ish.

Message was edited by: NUCUTiger®

Feb 26, 2021, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star QB target commits to Alabama ]

That I can sink my teeth in. Plenty of other teams have. Look at the kid from BYU who may be the 2nd or definitely the 3rd pick in the NFL.

Went back and looked at Hunter Johnson's profile. He was the rating as ty Simpson. That didn't work out too well.

Certainly ty has all the potential in the world and if we're being honest, you don't have to be an all world QB at Bama with ALL the weapons you have around you.

Its ironic that simpson states as one of his reasons

Feb 26, 2021, 4:07 PM

was that Bill OBrien is the new OC at bama, and can help him prepare for the NFL, and that OBrien told him stories about the NFL and "Dashaun Watson", at least espn spelled Watson correctly

why on earth would he think Bama OC will be there in 12 mo.?

Feb 26, 2021, 4:32 PM

100% turnover year after year with Saban's crew.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why on earth would he think Bama OC will be there in 12 mo.?

Feb 26, 2021, 9:53 PM

Yea that’s an awful reason to commit to them. O’Brien is an easy one and done...especially when Saban realizes O’Brien isn’t going to sit there and take his tantrums and fits...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

who? Neve heard of her.***

Feb 26, 2021, 4:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Bama

Feb 26, 2021, 4:16 PM

Feeds the boy, 185 is a bit light in the saddle for a guy who may get hit a lot .

Once not a Tiger, always not a Tiger.***

Feb 26, 2021, 4:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

So, Clemson missed on a kid

Feb 26, 2021, 5:54 PM

Life goes on in Tigertown. I assure you that the success of this football team does not lie with a kid from Tennessee who bought the Bama spiel! Go Tigers

Join Iptay

Feb 26, 2021, 6:03 PM

Does not concern me at all. Dabo always has a plan and a backup plan. We may get the number one Quarterback the next recruiting cycle. Hopefully the young man from Texas will be a Tiger.

Feb 26, 2021, 7:05 PM

He just wasn't right for Clemson, if he had of been, he would be coming to Clemson, plus, there is no way in #### or high water he would've been a starter at Clemson as long as DJ is at Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly...

Feb 26, 2021, 7:08 PM

I had him ranked as a 2 star.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Well shoot. Based on his comments in a recent interview,

Feb 26, 2021, 8:08 PM

I thought he was a perfect fit for our culture. Best of luck, Ty.

null

Feb 27, 2021, 3:25 AM

I was really surprised to hear that Ty had picked Alabama, over the last week, it appeared that Clemson would be his spot. I wish him well.

Feb 27, 2021, 7:39 AM

Trevor Lawrence started 34 games. As good as he is, Mac Jones only started 17. This kid will not play a down of live football for three years. He may get only one season. Under 2-4 different offensive coordinators. True, he will learn to be a good holder, he will get a lot of pictures taken of him in a shell and baseball hat standing on the sidelines, and he will date a cheerleader. He will not have to wash his uniform because it won’t get dirty. He will get a worthless college degree. In 2025 he will get one season. He can then transfer to Oklahoma. But he will have some nice jewelry.

Or, he could have come to Clemson, followed in the footsteps of DW, TL and DJU, been a three year starter and legendary.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic