Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
@ the MGM Resorts Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

@ the MGM Resorts Championship

Apr 16, 2021, 4:38 PM

The Leaders are tied @ -9 . . .

6 Birdies, 3 Bogies and 9 Pars later, Sam Saunders is tied for 4th Place just one shot off the Lead . . . sure wish I could have watched!!!

He’s heading into a fun weekend!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And as Stewart Cink . . .

Apr 16, 2021, 4:45 PM

puts his final touches on his Leading Round (currently @ -16) . . . this is how our Tigers finished the first 2 days

Lucas will be our only Tiger playing the next two rounds . . .

“Tip of the Cap” to Bryson for regrouping with a solid -3 round today and to Ben for a bogey free -2 . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And as Stewart Cink . . .

Apr 16, 2021, 5:06 PM

All you can say is tip your cap to Cink and say have yourself a day... Or two. As you said, playing for pride. Proud of them. You just never know.

Not something skeeta56 ever has to worry about as he hits em crisp every hole!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish!!!

Apr 16, 2021, 5:36 PM

I’m just glad I’m able to “whack it about” still . . .

Re: @ the MGM Resorts Championship

Apr 16, 2021, 5:26 PM

Yes he is. 27 golfers still above the cut line but only 7 of them are currently within 5 shots of the lead. May have one or two more around the lead but as you said, Sam is knocking it. A few more squares than he'd like but man he's knocking in the birdies. Great sign. Go Sam!!!

Apr 17, 2021, 6:15 PM

I feel for Sam. Having a bad round. +6 today through 12. Went from starting top 10 to 47th now. Hopefully a few more birdies coming in.

Saturday is affectionately called “Moving Day” . . .

Apr 18, 2021, 9:44 AM

on Tour . . . and indeed it was for our Tigers . . .

Guaranteed Lucas nor Sam approved of the direction they moved . . . Hopefully both will rebound and at least improved their Sunday deposits . . . Sam’s round yesterday broke my heart!!!

Re: Saturday is affectionately called “Moving Day” . . .

Apr 18, 2021, 9:50 AM

Lucas's tee time is 10:45.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 22, 2021, 10:17 AM

I am going to be a walking scorer next week for the Simmons Bank Open. Who are the Clemson golfers that may be playing in that tournament?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2021, 2:21 PM

Billy Kennerly is a regular on the Korn Ferry Tour, so he is the most likely to be in the field. Sam Saunders may also be there if the exemption list makes it down far enough to him.

Ben Martin would also be a possibility, but that depends on if he is able to get into the Wells Fargo field that same week.

As of now, I'm not seeing any Clemson guys on the players list for the Monday qualifying event, but that could change. It looks like Nimmer is going to try to Monday qualify for the Wells Fargo instead.

https://www.bluegolf.com/pro/events/tnpga213/index.html

Apr 30, 2021, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: @ the MGM Resorts Championship ]

86CUBeta, as of now, it looks like you'll get to see Kennerly, Nimmer, and Saunders.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/tournaments/simmons-bank-open/field.html

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic