Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best game ever?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Best game ever?

Apr 4, 2021, 10:17 AM

The Gonzaga-UCLA was maybe the best game I have ever seen in my 69 years. Two fighters going toe to toe and never blinking. March Madness at it's best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best game ever?

Apr 4, 2021, 11:27 AM

Only brought back memories of the UCONN heave beating the Tigers at the buzzer. Scarred for life!

Still hard to beat Christian Laettner‘s shot and some of the North Carolina State games from 1983. Every new year it’s the greatest of all time’

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best game ever?

Apr 4, 2021, 12:11 PM

I remember the ‘74 ACC Championship NCSU vs Maryland being pretty heart stopping. Might have been the 2 best teams in the country that year, but only conference Champs went to NCAA’s back then.

In ‘83 when March Madness was going on, I had joined the Army but had a deferred deployment. So I was sitting around waiting on my basic training class date. I decided to sit around in Fla where my sister lived at the time.
I’d been watching NC State squeak by opponents one after another after another in the most unbelievable Cinderella run I’d ever seen. So now they’re in the final against Phi Slama Jama. I go to the Brown Derby in Lakeland to watch the game and I’m sitting there at the bar by myself. Pretty much everyone there is only there to watch the game. To my right were 2 guys that went on and on and on and on.....for 2 hours.....about how great Houston was. They seemed to be completely unaware that NC STATE had beaten a whole slew of teams that they had no business beating. Listening to them whine and moan at the end in disbelief, was the most spectacular 5 minutes of excuse making I have ever heard in my life. I never said a word. Villanova over Georgetown always seems to be the pick that the mouthpieces say is the biggest Championship upset. I’ve always thought it was NC State over Houston.

Villanova buzzer beater to win the national championship

Apr 4, 2021, 11:46 AM

a couple years ago. This was great, but game winner for the natty > final 4.

The quality of the this game throughout was better though

Apr 4, 2021, 11:51 AM

Neither team was willing to give an inch

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic